• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Mysterious Keaton Bushes

Leix

Error
I was playing around with Majora's Mask the other day, and during the very beginning of the game (in the unnamed woods before you go Deku) I was chopping grass for money when I found a Keaton bush circle among them.
However, when I cheated and put on my Keaton mask, absolutely no Keatons appeared (however, the bushes still vanished). What do you think it is?

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread!

UUUUUPdate!:
I found not one, not two, but THREE keaton bushes in the introduction.
After you enter clock tower, you can't enter back into the area(without levitation)
Theres one set of moving bushes in the forest, one set in the room you turn deku and one in the room after that. I tried all three with the mask on, but, to my disappointment, they vanished with no trace of Keaton.

UUUUUPdate 2!:
I took some pictures. What is this mysterious mystery? To find my answer, I shall next have a look at the Beta worlds.
Ok, lemme give you links with a little walkthrough.
Link meets Skull kid, gets robbed and knocked off his horse in Hylian wooded area.
Walk through the wooded area, through a hollow log tunnel thing into the next hylian wooded area spot. On the right, next to the logs you use to jump up to the next room, are the first set of Keaton bushes.
Before Cut.
After Cut.
After cutting them WITH THE MASK ON, the bushes VANISH just like a Keaton bush(wheras regular non Keaton bush circles just sit there obediently), UNFORTUNATELY no Keaton appears.
Hop back up on the log stumps and jump over to the green lit doorway.
And then fallllllllllllll to your doom.
Lights flick on, Skull Kid laughs at you and turns you into a deku. IN THIS SAME ROOM, before you open the door as Tatl asks, you shall find another Non Keaton Keaton bush circle to your left.
Before Cut.
After Cut.
Walk through the tunnel, and you will end up in the training room for people to figure out how the Deku flower system works. Tatl will apologize and team up with you. Hop down to the bottom of the room and on the left you shall find yet another NKKBC.
Before Cut.
After Cut.
And then after that is the room with no real floor, in which you have to fly spot to spot. At the end of this room you shall see the presumed Butler's son, and walk through the doorway into the twisty tunnel which leads straight to the inside of Clock Tower.
Tunnel
Death of Navi's Alternate Dimension Counterpart(Making up for the revenge you seek to place upon Navi in MM[that was why he was searching for her, right?])

Last edited:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Yeah, a circle of grass doesn't always mean it's where KEaton would be. Like blackice_cc asked, did the grass move? Cause I think he only appears in the grass that jumps around.

Leix

Error
Of course it moves, regular grass dosen't summon a keaton. It does the whole moving bit, and then it dissapears with the fancy tornado, identical to that of keaton bushes.

K

Kintenbo

More than likely, they didn't put data of him there, since there is no normal way of having the Keaton Mask at that point.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
The grass does move, so that is quite the oddity. Nice find on your part, Leix, you found yourself a glitch.

That begs the question: Why did Nintendo put them there if they were not Keaton-infested?

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
It was probably just a normal bunch of bushes ,thats happened to me once.ohh you said the bushes moved,in that case it must be a glitch.

Leix

Error
UUUUUPdate!
After you enter clock tower, you can't enter back into the area(without levitation)
Theres one set of moving bushes in the forest, one set in the room you turn deku and one in the room after that. I tried all three with the mask on, but, to my disappointment, they vanished with no trace of Keaton.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
well reading from your first post, i think your problem would be, that you first had to put the keaton mask on and then cut the moving grass. you FIRST have to putt the mask on and THEN cut then cut the moving grass

a other thing is, the woods you called unnamed actually has a name, its called "The Woods of Mystery"

anyway i didn 't knew that there was moving grass in the woods of mystery, then again i didn 't spent much time in those woods.

i only know these locations:
North clock town
Moutain village (after you beat boss and it becomes spring)
Milk road

UUUUUPdate!

Well, I would assume that since you aren't supposed to have the Keaton mask at that point, the bushes were just decoration or something. Since you aren't supposed to have the mask then, why would Nintendo put Keatons at those bushes?

Leix

Error
well reading from your first post, i think your problem would be, that you first had to put the keaton mask on and then cut the moving grass. you FIRST have to putt the mask on and THEN cut then cut the moving grass

a other thing is, the woods you called unnamed actually has a name, its called "The Woods of Mystery"

Nonono, you've got it all wrong. The woods of mystery are found near woodfall, the woods that feature the bushes are somewhere in Hylian woodland(because it's before Link falls into the tunnel to Termina)

Im talking about the VERY BEGINNING of the game, before you have ANY item whatsoever. Before you even meet up with the HMS(or rather, before he meets up with you)

And of course I put the mask on and cut the bushes. How else are you supposed to summon a keaton? Stare at the bushes until something happens?

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
ow, yeah ok that still would be part of lost woods itself then. how sould i know that, you should make yourself more clear next time if you type something down. if you say"unnamed woods before you go deku" of course e person would assume that you maybe would talk about the woods of mystery. if there was something like that in the woods of mystery and the keaton did not apprear, then yeah it could be a glitch. but this has nothing to do with glitches if you talk about the very beggining.

you know, as blackice said, why would nintendo would put a keaton there. pretty pointless if you ask me.

And of course I put the mask on and cut the bushes. How else are you supposed to summon a keaton? Stare at the bushes until something happens?
you know you don 't have to be so sarcastic about it. i didn 't say anything wrong.
some people didn 't knew that they had to put on the mask on first. they simply cut the grass and then put the mask on. i also made that mistake when i first played the game.

Leix

Error
Well i'm sorry for being sarcastic, it's just that I already posted "I tried all three with the mask on, but, to my disappointment, they vanished with no trace of Keaton."; and the bushes don't vanish unless you chop them.

And why would someone assume it was the woods of mystery? The woods of mystery are located waaaaaay over in woodfall. Link starts his journey in the hylian forest, then goes through an underground area(not a forest) and directly into the clocktower. You can't even enter the Woods of Mystery until HMS removes your Deku mask.

UUUUUPdate! Posted some pictures. Check first post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom