• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Mysterious Keaton Bushes

Chris

It has been awhile...
Nonono, you've got it all wrong. The woods of mystery are found near woodfall, the woods that feature the bushes are somewhere in Hylian woodland(because it's before Link falls into the tunnel to Termina)

Im talking about the VERY BEGINNING of the game, before you have ANY item whatsoever. Before you even meet up with the HMS(or rather, before he meets up with you)

And of course I put the mask on and cut the bushes. How else are you supposed to summon a keaton? Stare at the bushes until something happens?

Wait, if you are saying that you had the Keaton mask before you meet the HMS, then you were using an AR right?

Using an AR can have multiple effects on the game, such as stuff being there when it shouldn't. I used an AR before and it totally screwed up my game, I found people standing on the ceiling before, it was crazy...

So, tell me if you were using an AR or not.

CZG

The bushes move for real, just as real like the few other Keaton bushes.
It's not a glitch. They problably left out the option to go back to that place later on.

It's weird actually. You can replay pretty much everything in the game, except this area.
I tried everything except cheating or fancy glitches... It does nothing in the final release of the game, which everybody is playing....

Just a reason to speculate and play this game again (and keep you busy untill the next Zelda) I think.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Yeah i was doing the exact same thing a few weeks back. and I have some theories! The forest is definitely a part of Hyrule (note the flying lights that are found only in Kokiri and The Lost Woods) Link travels with Epona in search of Navi and becomes lost somewhere near the dimension Termina. Then comes the encouter with Skull Kid and it is now my belief that the Keaton knew something of what was going to happen since he/she is so knowledgeable about the land and had bushes near the encounter. As you chase Skull Kid the bushes are a kind of marker, leading link toward Termina and the trials he will face there.

In a few Zelda games Link is led to a place or sent there by forces he doesn't understand (LA, OoX, MM, PH and maybe a few others) this is a common theme for starting a Zelda game, but the fact that not only Skull Kid but also the Keaton was trying to lead Link to his new adventure, plus the search for Navi sets up a very nice intro for the second 3D Zelda game. you may disagree with me but the Keaton does not show himself to Link right away but seems to be in the three locations mentioned by you Leix.

I just think that this THEORY adds a certain story element to MM that I like, a lot of Zelda is interpretation with all it's mute cut scenes and such.
So after some study I have come to the conclusion that Keaton knew of Link before he had arrived in Termina but chose not to reveal himself right away.

CZG

Didn't Link have a Kea-something mask in OoT?

* Adding some more text, as you can't post under 50 characters *

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
You know why there aren't any keatons? It's because you aren't supposed to cheat! XD

(also, expanding on someone's post, the woods probably are part of hyrule, I bet that either that long fall down the tree, or that twisty tunnel, was the entrance to termina.)

Last edited:
This is something I never even considered. But I do know what bushes you are talking about. It is probably just put there to make you think too much about it. :) It could have been a warning. But why would he want to warn Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom