• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Mysterious Hand

Who do you think it belonged to?

Given that it (or at least some of it's energy) fuses with Link's arm, what do you think it will allow him to do?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think the concept art shows a Sheikah arm summoning items like bombs and stuff so I'd guess it's going to be where link gets his items to complete puzzles.

I don't think it belonged to anyone but is a magical/ technological creation.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
paperplease.jpg

Seriously though, I think the hand will grasp to Link and play a role in the game as a sort of new game mechanic. I do want the game to touch on it's origins though, however I don't think it's a particular person's arm, it's probably just something that is the product of magic.

D

Deleted member 88720

I don't think the hand specifically belongs to any 'one' person, but rather the embodied desire of the Gerudo that put it there in the first place. The Sheikah are well-known for their magical abilities and the technology they left about, however Zeltik's analysis points out possible Gerudo lettering filtering in and powering the hand while keeping the mummified Ganondorf subdued. We've seen in the past that Gerudo have also had witches (Kotake, Koume) in the past perform magical spells and could have very likely performed a ritual. Then again, it could be a unified effort of the Sages that we haven't heard a wink about.

It could be Sheikah and it could be Gerudo; I'd love to see more details on this particular matter in the future, and we most likely will.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I think hands is gonna play a big role in the game. Heck, the word 'hand' might even be in the title. We saw a lot of focus on hands in the trailer, so much so, that I was kinda thinking that it was intentional, just to foreshadow what the game would be about.

Most intriguing to me was that, not only did we see the hand 'merge' with Link, it also grabbed Zelda's arm, we also saw a close up of Ganoncorpse's hand. I think the hand will perhaps be what the Sheikah slate was in BotW, namely the 'puzzle solving device'. I personally think it would be very cool!

paperplease.jpg

Seriously though, I think the hand will grasp to Link and play a role in the game as a sort of new game mechanic. I do want the game to touch on it's origins though, however I don't think it's a particular person's arm, it's probably just something that is the product of magic.

And a new hero shall rise to become The Legend of Stinkyfingers! *cue Zelda theme played with farting tubas*

He shall travel far and wide bringing the gift of modern plumbing! His search for the triforce of tp will ensure that not even the lowliest peasant shall be without toilet paper! He will fight the tyranny of primitive wipey methods such as leaves, clamshells, treebark and the deadly gibdo wraps! And the lovely princess daintyhands shall knight him when he triumphs.

Last edited:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I don't think the hand was anyone in particular, simply an artifact that will possibly be the central game mechanic while Zelda weilds the Sheikah slate... assuming she's playable and the slate doesn't get broke or lost

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
It's the same arm that appeared in skyward sword! :P
it has returned to thank us for the help we did back in skyward sword :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

Lol, was not expecting the level of sarcasm some you are dishing out. I guess I should have explained myself more in the opening post. The reason I thought the arm/hand might belong to someone is this shot right here:
McNaAu1l.jpg

It appears to be a flashback of the hand just prior to grabbing onto Ganondorf, and it still seems to be attached to a figure (the rest of the shadow on the right side of the wall). So my first question really is, who is this figure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom