• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Mysterious Cow

Z

ZeldaOfHyrule

Yes, um..could anyone please tell me, why up on Death Mountain in Ocarina of Time, there's a cow....in a hole...in a mountain....yes this has me mystified :shake: Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warbad

Gotta love me!
Since there are hearts around that cow, it probably means that the cow gives you hearts instead of milk. Like cows give lon lon milk, right? And the milk gives you more life,...right???? Now instead of giving you milk that gives you life, the cow just gives you hearts straight. IT'S THE MAGICAL COW OF HEARTS

Play Epona's Song for it. It'll give you milk. And talk to you. (Seriously.)

Yeah — everyone should know this, helpful. I think that's why he's down there in the first place - he is there to help others who fall victim to that particular hole. Although the cow has nothing to eat in the hole, he lives on... For the sake of your survival. Keep him company! It's all he wants!

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Yeah — everyone should know this, helpful. I think that's why he's down there in the first place - he is there to help others who fall victim to that particular hole. Although the cow has nothing to eat in the hole, he lives on... For the sake of your survival. Keep him company! It's all he wants!
Correction: she, her. It's not a bull its a cow.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want to say the devs placed it there because, more likely than not, on your trek towards the peak of Death Mountain you'll sustain quite a bit of damage. If you don't grab the Hylian Shield from that errand you're supposed to run, you're sure to take damage even if you backwalk (I know this, because I've done it a billion times :/ ). If you do have the Hylian Shield, there's still a chance you'll take some damage here and there. But, as I myself am not a developer, I do not know and do not claim to know the real reasoning behind the cow being up there, all alone, by its lonesome. :/

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I want to say the devs placed it there because, more likely than not, on your trek towards the peak of Death Mountain you'll sustain quite a bit of damage. If you don't grab the Hylian Shield from that errand you're supposed to run, you're sure to take damage even if you backwalk (I know this, because I've done it a billion times :/ ). If you do have the Hylian Shield, there's still a chance you'll take some damage here and there. But, as I myself am not a developer, I do not know and do not claim to know the real reasoning behind the cow being up there, all alone, by its lonesome. :/

Of course that's the reason. Why else would something that can give you health be placed somewhere? (Jabu Jabu MQ does not count.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom