• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Music, the Gameplay or the Story?

Music,gameplay and story are three things that really makes Zelda special,
but which part stands our the most?

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Hard to say, as they are all very important in the series. Probably gameplay. The original Legend of Zelda was based upon the idea of exploration and discovery, not just a straightforward 2D sidescroller.

Without that idea, the series never would have begun, so gameplay. (But music and story are also very important attributes to the games.)

Zelda_Duh

Hyrule's Princess
I think all three have such a big role in Zelda, But i'ma have to say music. Even if i've had a hard day i play OaT and just listen to the music and i feel alot better. But without all the 3, it wouldn't be Zelda :)

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Ooh, such a hard choice. XD If I had to pick one, it would have to be gameplay. Zelda is a series renowned for its flawless gameplay -- Ocarina of Time even invented the targetting system that is now used in nearly every modern game. Camera controls are spectacular and don't get stuck behind things like other games' cameras do. :p

I'm pretty sure that the other two -- music and story -- are just things to go along with the gameplay. (Either that, or the gameplay goes along with the story. It depends sometimes. XD) Music is, to me, a great portion of the Zelda series, but it's still just something to hear in the background. The storyline in Zelda games haven't really been super-extra-mega amazing from what I remember. It's always been the gameplay for me. ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom