• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Music of Spirit Tracks

Every Zelda game has amazing music. Even if there's a game in the series that you just plain dislike, I'm willing to bet that it had at least one track that impressed you. This dates all the way back to the first games,with LoZ's catchy overworld theme and AoL's now legendary Temple Theme. LA had the Ballad of the Windfish, ALttP had the Dark World theme. OoT's Gerudo Desert was unforgetable, and MM has the peaceful Song of Healing. WW had the Dragon Roost theme, and TP had Midna's Desperate Hour.

I'm very happy that ST doesn't buck the trend. This game has incredible music, just what I've come to expect from a Zelda game. While the playable songs, like the Songs of Awakening and Discovery, are a bit too short to really enjoy, I thought the segements where you played a duet to restore some spirit tracks were incredible in every scenario. I also love the overworld theme with the train, and I'm glad it didn't get super annoying for me like WW's ocean theme did. The dungeon theme got a bit repetitive, but that pales in comparison to the rest of the game.

Did everyone love the music of ST or what?

I loved the music in Spirit Tracks. It was just so......Zelda-ey. The overworld theme, like you said, was excellent. I'm really glad that they put such excellent music in this game. Once I heard the music, I was immediately convinced that this game would be very good.

I'm unable to play the game till Christmas, but from what I've heard so far on teh Internetz, the music is outstanding. The beautiful theme we heard from the trailers became the overworld theme, which I thought was great. And the music that plays in the Rabbit Zoo (as I call it) is incredibly catchy. And so far, my favorite of all, is that short tune we hear on the opening screen and near the end of the backstory. I believe it's called the "Spirit Flute" or something.

But yeah, the soundtrack for this is great. It meets up to the standards of the older Zelda games.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Though the music in ST didn't seem that traditional-zelda-y to me, it somehow still seemed Zelda-y, and it's some of my favourite video game music ever, it's so fantastic!
And Odin said it, the final song with Zelda is so utterly beautiful... and it kind of reminded me of the way the Wind God's Aria and the Earth God's Lyric (in WW) tied into the main theme, the final song with Zelda seems to tie various songs together into the main theme one <3 BUT my absolute FAVOURITE song in the game has to be the song that plays during the final battle, when a certain person chips in to help Zelda... it's so abrupt and so suddenly hopeful, it's a fantastic adventure-y song :3 The song that plays from before you do the temple in the northern realm is fantastic as well, and I love how the noise of the train seems to meld in-time into the music~ Oooh and the song from the Sanctuaries and other large towns, it sounds so medieval and upbeat... hahah, I love so many of the songs~

I don't actually think I didn't like any of the songs in the game... perhaps the dungeon/cave song got repetative after a while, as said, and some of them (like the song of birds) were a bit cheesy, but eh. Music's a really important part of games, so they certainly did something right with ST xDDD

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The one thing I'm not sure if I liked was that they used the same theme for every town. But they did do a great job changing the instrumentation, etc. to fit the individual feel of each town, so I guess the positive probably outweighs the negative in this case.
I absolutely LOVE the overworld theme. I hate when the enemies come up and ruin it.
Wilderness and Hyrule Castle/Castle Town themes are very catchy too.
I can't wait to get the soundtrack. I'm currently limited to the 30 songs from ZeldaPower.

Anubis

The most inactive active
I like the Lost woods music, and of course my top favorite is the overworld theme as you called it.
But I cannot ''rate'' cause Im gonna go slow on this game wanna be happy with it for longer time! So I cant rate cause I've not completed it yet! ^^

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Yes the music in SP was very, very nice and it didnt let us down at all. It was interesting to listen to the pan flute being used so much but instead of downgrading the music , it actually became a plus.

A personal favorite of mine was Byrnes theme song.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
The music in this game was glorious! The different styles of music in the different sections of the game meshed together (I'm not sure if its just me, but the theme of the overworld varies slightly from different regions). The duets were fun to do (at least so far. I'm in the Ocean Temple), and the temple theme(s?) are quite fun. Its also nice to bring back some old music from PH and previous games.

For once, the DS doesn't sound like a GBA. The quality of the MIDI sequencers on a lot of other games were quite low on the DS, and now its awesome to listen to this game and think that it is coming from the 7th generation, not the 6th generation. The panflute was also an interesting addition, but the only thing I didn't like about it was when you had to skip certain notes on there, like going 1-2-4 instead of 1-2-3-4. Now, this is the soundtrack that I'd love ZREO to work on. ;)

Word, Vergo.

Hell, I haven't even played the game yet. I've only listened to a few tracks on Youtube as well as the small bits I've heard from gameplay videos or that time Mases played up until the Forest Temple live. Even with that really small amount of knowledge of the game and it's soundtrack, I can still safely say it's freaking incredible, and that's really relieving after Phantom Hourglass... -.-

I'd even go as far as to say it's one of the best soundtracks out of the series. Some of it's music is completely amazing, to be honest. When we did the staff voting for the Top 25 Zelda Songs, I put three ST songs on my list. :xd:

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
The guys over at Zelda Universe put together a complete soundtrack of the entire game. I'm in the process of bringing it over to Zelda Dungeon starting with our youtube channel. If you want to follow along, I'll be uploading several tracks every few hours for the next couple of days. Below is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=42359003C0EC2066

You can download the entire zipped soundtrack at Zelda Universe. This is the direct link to it. (NOTE: it is 300mb. They have downloads for torrents as well available if you prefer that).

http://zeldauniverse.net/downloads/soundtracks/spirittracksost/The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda%20-%20Spirit%20Tracks%20Original%20Soundtrack.zip

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Only three words can accurately describe how I feel about the ST soundtrack: Best. Soundtrack. Ever. It was just amazing. They took the 'Going to Hyrule' theme from WW and made it better twice. They took Zelda's Lullaby and made it better several times. They took the LoZ Title Theme and made it better many times. Not to mention it's original tracks such as Byrnes Amazing Theme, The Tower of Spirits Dungeon Portion, the Temple Theme for the first three, the Boss Theme (for the first, second, third, and fifth), the Miniboss Theme, the Lokomo Duets, the Song Learn sequences (where you play the song for a good amount of time), and so so much more. Koji Kondo did an amazing job on Spirit Tracks. It's some of his best work yet.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I loved the music in the game.I loved Zeldas lullaby in it,it was better than all the other Zelda lullaby's.I thought they did a pretty good job on it,way better than PH.But hey that's my opinion.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I loved all of the songs in The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I enjoyed the last Spirit Flute song and Song of Birds. There was so many beautiful songs that were featured in the game. Does anyone agree with me that ST has had the best music since OoT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom