• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Music of Skyward Sword...

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I've recently been listening to a lot of Zelda music and I can't help but wonder what magical music Nintendo will throw at us in the upcoming Skyward Sword...Will they bring back old tunes from games such as Ocarina of Time and A Link to the Past? Will they create a completely new score that will wow us? Or will they combine the two? Personally, I would love to hear an updated version of the "Hyrule Field" theme from Ocarina (although the original will stay closest to my heart:) ), the ever mysterious Lost Forest music from A Link to the Past before you obtain the Master Sword, and even the Faron Woods theme again! Everyone give me your thoughts on what you would like to hear in Skyward Sword!!!! :) :)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Honestly, I'm a little worried about the soundtrack. Kondo's team didn't do a very good job on TP imo. They did great on ST, but they had a really neat theme to work with there that provided interesting and unique possibilities for sound. But SS doesn't seem built for music so far like ST and WW were. It seems like it will just be an orchestrated version of TP's soundtrack, just a little lighter, but equally as forgettable. So I hope he'll be able to find some unique sound to incorporate into the entire soundtrack to make it feel like "SS" rather than "random VG soundtrack," or several recurring important characters that he can expand by giving them their own themes, associated with everything else they're involved with (like Ganondorf's theme playing in the cursed overworld of WW). Basically, I want music that has a "skyward sword" feel, and several hummable tunes that remind me of certain places or characters from the game. And yes, that includes rehashing old themes for familiarity. I don't want him to "miss the opportunity to relate key Zelda music elements to key points of gameplay, which will make Zelda fans say 'Yes!'" (Fujibayashi, re: what Kondo doesn't want to do -source)

Honestly, I'm a little worried about the soundtrack. Kondo's team didn't do a very good job on TP imo. They did great on ST, but they had a really neat theme to work with there that provided interesting and unique possibilities for sound. But SS doesn't seem built for music so far like ST and WW were. It seems like it will just be an orchestrated version of TP's soundtrack, just a little lighter, but equally as forgettable. So I hope he'll be able to find some unique sound to incorporate into the entire soundtrack to make it feel like "SS" rather than "random VG soundtrack," or several recurring important characters that he can expand by giving them their own themes, associated with everything else they're involved with (like Ganondorf's theme playing in the cursed overworld of WW). Basically, I want music that has a "skyward sword" feel, and several hummable tunes that remind me of certain places or characters from the game. And yes, that includes rehashing old themes for familiarity. I don't want him to "miss the opportunity to relate key Zelda music elements to key points of gameplay, which will make Zelda fans say 'Yes!'" (Fujibayashi, re: what Kondo doesn't want to do -source)

Everything you said I agree with, as I think it was quite an understatement to every Zelda fan. Who doesn't want good, unique and memorable music?
But why do you think SS isn't 'built for music'? There is no way at all to tell how the music will be at this point. I think it's a very unfair thing to say right now,
as we've seen next to nothing of the game and heard even less. Even the music in the demo was nowhere near final.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Do you guys really think Twilight Princess' music was really forgettable? I really liked it...I mean it was nowhere near as memorable as music from Ocarina, but I still though the score was pretty good....then again Twilight Princess was my third zelda game to be owned so I thought the music was pretty cool.

Come to think of it, an actual interview with Koji Kondo on Skyward Sword would be epic! I wonder, for instance, how long Kondo has been working on its music? With Miyamoto having decided as recently as E3 2010 that the game will feature (fully ?) orchestrated soundtrack, I'm a little bit worried that Kondo hadn't done anything until that moment... Then again, one year surely is enough time for such a genius as Kondo to come up with something good.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
On the Hyrule Field I'd also like Nintendo to bring back OoT BGM or a whole new BGM and Tp has some really good BGM's in my opinion such the Hidden Skill, Hyrule Castle Market area, and Kakariko Village they could have done better with Temple themes though.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I really did like the newer versions of Zora's Domain and the Goron City themes in TP. The Temple of Time music was pretty much the same but was great for the nostalgic feeling. I thought Faron Woods was a very nice melody and has become one of my fav zelda songs. Hyrule Field was pretty epic too. But what i did hate was the Twilight music....ughh that was really bland and you guys are right about the temples' music, they were pretty dull. What I would love to see in Skyward Sword though is some of the music from Majora's Mask...I know MM took place in another dimension but I REALLY loved the Deku Palace Music, the Observatory music, Clock Town, and many others...What would also be nice would be the return of Lon Lon Ranch complete with a totally upgraded version of Epona's Song...I would also love to see Guru-Guru return along with the epic Song of Storms.....*sigh* so many memories, so many great ideas, so many great tunes that may not be included :(

Oh yeah, if they brought back the Observatory music from Majora's mask, I'd be so happy. I really want a bunch of brand new memorable songs like Wind Waker had. I want it to be its own style. Something totally new and divine, with a feeling of fields in the clouds. I want expressive tunes with complexity. Yes, i want it to be complex. Twilight Princess music was too simple. Lake Hylia in Twilight Princess was an amazing piece though.

Kondo?? Daft punk should make the music for SS :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(joke)

SS has already gotten me with a WW kind of feel, so that's what i'm kinda expecting :)

P

Peacelovekid

I want more original tracks than TP had. I They haven't made a diverse, really iconic soundtrack since WW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom