• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Movie"The Hero of Time"

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I loved it, I mean come on, if you were following the site before the movie came out you would have known it was a low budget film, with a cast of actors who probably never acted a day in their lives before that... I dunno it's not like I had my hopes up but somehow this movie captured my heart lol. I never expected too much out of it but I waited for it that whole time, and even made a facebook page in hopes that the would come to halifax (which didn't happen), my cousins girlfriend is the manager of the IMAX theaters here and I even asked her about it, she said it sounded awesome and would try to make it possible for them show the movie here but i guess it wasn't meant to be. They only showed it in a few theaters in America and Europe I think.

Anyway by not expecting much I ended up appreciated every bit and decided to put the movie down for a long time so that the next time I watched it it would be epic again. Then the unthinkable happened, Nintendo stopped the movie! and I thought it was gone from the internet forever, but recently I found it and watched it and it was so much better the second time. I'm convinced that even though they did a poor job in some areas (CGI, Acting, Settings) the soundtrack to the movie, the script and the plot were all well thought out. and by some twist of fate I was able to record the whole movie onto a flash drive I have. Now I can watch it whenever I want or even bring it over to a friends computer and copy it onto their system. Sweet!

@ PureLocke Yes I agree when Link savagely beams that torch into the guard I almost pee a little course I'm laughing so hard jk jk. It's his third Kill I think... lol

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I just wasn't a fan in complete honesty. I fully realize that it was a low budget fan work, and that they couldn't afford overly better voice acting and so on.

It's the small details that annoy me though. I can take the slightly off track story they had, but the fact that Link wasn't a mute, and that the sword and shield looked nothing like what they were supposed to. I mean it was based on the Ocarina of Time right, whilst the shield is barely acceptable, the sword is not. It's supposed to be the Master Sword, not "OMG MAGIC SHINY WHITE SWORDS WITH COLOURFUL STONES ON ITZ". It wouldn't of been that hard to spend a little bit more cash or effort on buying/making a replica of the real thing.

Once again, I understand why it is like it is, that's not enough for me to like it though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom