• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Useless Item in Zelda Series

Which is the most useless item in Zelda series?

• Giant's knife(OoT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grappling hook(WW)

• Silver Gauntlets(OoT)

• Don Gero Mask(MM)

• Other

• Total voters

@lex MM

The Lurker
Okay, so here, you must vote the item that you think it was the most useless in Zelda series. ;) I created a poll, but of course I couldn't put all the zelda items in it, so if you want something else, vote"other" and write a post here about your opinion. I think the most useless item is Silver Gauntlets from OoT....They are good for looking but they don't do something great...

Junehs

[the.Jumping.Bean] ~
Silver/Gold Gauntlets. I used them for the big rocks that need to be thrown. Other than that, it's pretty useless.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
That and the ice arrows from OoT, they didn't help much. And in aLttP, the only advantage the Magic Cape had over the Cane of Byrna was the ability to go through those bouncy thingies, which was needed exactly 1 time in the whole game - that is for getting a heart piece. So they could have left out the Cane of Byrna.

The spinner in TP was an fun item to use but out side the dungeon you get it in and a couple of overwolrd puzzles it was useless

Austin

Austin
There was probably something that wasn't on the poll that I found more useless, but I can't really think of anything at this particular moment in time. Anyway, I said the Giant's Knife, as it really only served as an incentive to get the Biggoron Sword. I'm not sure if it had the same stats, but it was essentially the same design except for the fact that it broke far too often to be useful. If you got hooked to using it, the only option was to get the Biggoron's Sword, who Medigoron himself mentions.

Onto the other items on the poll, I really don't think any of them were entirely useless. Don Gero's Mask allowed you to gain a heart piece and complete a semi-challenging side quest, although I will admit that it was purposeless after that. I don't see how ANYONE could consider the grappling hook useless as you used it at many points in the game, to traverse the landscape and to attack/steal from enemies. As for the Silver Gauntlets, while they were essentially a weaker version of the item that succeded them (Golden Gauntlets), they did not have a limit as to how many times you could use them, like the Giant's Knife. And if you're saying they're useless because of their less-than-impressive purpose, I don't see how the... Strength Bracelet (the band Darunia gives you as a kid) was anymore useless.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The Giant's Knife is the most useless item in existance because it is a waste of money. The other items you do not buy, you keep them in your inventory as a way for completion. The Giant's Knife is something you get suckered into and then you find that you wasted money on a stupid sword that breaks in a few minutes. You could be fighting an important battle and the thing might break. If you don't notice it then you are in for a longer fight brother.

Everything else had a purpose they were meant to fulfill and they did just that. Also, how could anyone consider the grappling hook as useless? You use is as a method for getting treasure later in the game so it managed to fulfill this purpose quite well. The Don Gero's mask was useless true, but it served the purpose of getting you are piece of heart and it didn't cost money mind you.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
The Giant's Knife is epically useless. Somebody would be playing OoT, goes to get the Goron's Ruby as a child, finds out about the Giant's Knife, then they grow up and go back and buy it for 500 rupees. They get it out, try it out, then have a fight with it, attack a monster with it, then it breaks. It's as fragile as a Deku Stick!

I don't know why people say that the Silver Guantlets are useless. You can't beat the Spirit Temple without them! And you can't beat Ganon's Tower without the Golden Gauntlets!

Don Gero Mask.

As weak as the Giant Knife is, I had more fun than anything using it for dares and stuff. XD
Plus it taught me not everything is what it seems, which happened again in TP with the rupee eating tunic.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
the circus leaders mask was really useless, only if you wanted to wait hours just to make cremia get her shipment in again just to use it so the brothers do not attack you was stupid, you should have gotten it BEFORE

Nye Pendragon

derparific
It's a tie for me, being the Horse Call and Spinner from TP.

You don't get the Horse Call until the near end of the game, and by then you're free to use Midna to warp and transform into a wolf for faster running. Plus, the plants that call Epona aren't that scarce. Which makes it useless. xD I would have loved to have it as one of the first items I got, but noooo. :> Next is the ever-useless-but-really-nifty Spinner. Seriously. I never used it outside of Arbiter's Grounds or in the Cave of Ordeals. Whaaaat? That makes no sense. Such a neat item should have been used more, for mini-games or something! I was saddened to see how little I got to use my spiffy Spinner.

And that's why I find them useless. 8D

I would have to say the Magical Rod and the Spell Book in the LoZ. The Magical Rod's really just there for one less empty space in your inventory, well at least for me, that is. The Spell Book is just a power up for the Magical Rod, so since I find the Magical Rod useless, I also deem this useless.

D

Darktimeleader

I say the Bombling in TP, i see no use for it, Bombs and water Bombs are the only ones you need, Long Range Bomb? Use a Arrow n00b! (I voted in other)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I never thought the Grappling Hook was useless at all (at least in WW). I use it all the time when I play WW.

Anyways, I've always thought the Ball and Chain was useless. There were only two or three points where it's useful, and it's never useful in fighting the normal enemies. And those Ball and Chain Troopers make the Ball and Chains so useful. *scoffs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom