• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Most Emotional Moment from Skyward Sword.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The moment after Link wakes up and Gaepora tells him that Zelda is missing while this plays. It's probably not very emotional (or even note-worthy) for many here, but I'm probably one who's more affected by aftermaths than actual events. I felt there was a lot of emotional turmoil there because of the several things that had just happened: Zelda's disappearance without trace, Link having those strange dreams, and everything else being uncertain... yeah, maybe not emotional in the same way the crystal scene was, but I think it's got something of its own.

Last edited:
I definitely think the part where she says, "I'm still your Zelda." and Link is hitting the crystal was definitely the most emotional scene for me in the game. I was crying.

Nerion

Nerion Saiarion
I think the moment when Zelda seals herself and when Fi seals herself are the two saddest moments. Sealings can be really sad, ya' know....

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This may not be the most emotional moment, but it's one that I feel strongly about and want to convey what I think it means and what it says about the characters involved.

This moment is during the Temple of Time cutscene, when Link leaps into the action to protect Zelda and Impa from Ghirahim. The player is presented with a choice of what to say to Impa at this point: "Go!" "Am I late?" or "Protect Zelda!" I believe that the best choice here, the one that best reflects the relationship Link and Impa have built over the course of their encounters, is "Am I late?"

That phrase makes this the turning point in Impa's approval of Hylia's chosen hero. Up until now, Link had always just missed Zelda, and it was only thanks to Impa that she didn't fall into enemy hands. Impa even confronted Link about this, expressing her doubt. Was Impa too harsh here? Maybe a little, but such criticism is a common impetus for 'hero's journey'-like characters. "Do my words sting? Let them." Sometimes people need to experience pain in order to use it to better themselves.

Now, seeing Impa at the mercy of Ghirahim, Link has a chance to prove himself. This scene expresses one of the most basic emotions - the desire for approval. Often this comes in the form of a father's approval. In this case, Link wants - needs - to know from Zelda's protector whether he is worthy as a hero to fulfill his destiny. "Am I late?" Is there a hint of sarcasm in this message? Perhaps, but behind that there's the deeper message which Impa understands.

"...No. You're right on time."

The saddest moment in the game for me had to have been when Zelda explained everything to Link about her being Hylia and then she sealed herself in the crystal and had you promise that you'd wake her up. I have a file saved at the point in the game just so I can watch it whenever I want! Also, it was really sad when Fi sealed herself in the master sword and was then asleep for forever :(

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
For me, the most emotional moment of the game is when Skipper implies that he knows he already died thousands of years ago... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom