• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Embarrassing Thing You've Had to Buy

Some of us are easier to embarrass than others, some of us care a bit too much what the person serving us thinks... its actually amazing Ann Summers is still open given the recession... So, after seeing how many people avoid shops like Ann Summers and how many people are embarrassed to buy certain CDs and DVDs for themselves or as presents I figured I'd ask..

So, what is the most embarrassing thing you've bought and who was it for?

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I once bought a Build-A-Bear for my cousin. The girl in the shop made me kiss the heart and do the dance in front of everyone.

Sometimes, late at night, I can still hear the screaming...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I bought a special kind of toy for my friend, I just wanted to see the look on her face when opening my present in front of her entire family & friends. However the price I had to pay for this thing was higher than I thought, let's just say I ran into the last person I'd want in this special store, my girlfriend's mother. :awkward:

I really couldn't have cared less if the store was filled with random people but out of all the people in the world it had to be her watching me buy something really not expected to be used by guys. :blank:

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
One time I bought tampons for my sister and I felt weird doing that. I'm a guy, it's obvious they are not for me but still felt weird just hanging around in that section of the store.

Yeah, I'm rather self-conscious when buying things like CDs and DVDs. I don't want people to think I have bad taste. I can always use the defense "I'm getting it as a gift for someone" even though oftentimes it's really for myself.

I like buying things online because it is more anonymous.

One time I bought tampons for my sister and I felt weird doing that. I'm a guy, it's obvious they are not for me but still felt weird just hanging around in that section of the store.

Yeah, I'm rather self-conscious when buying things like CDs and DVDs. I don't want people to think I have bad taste. I can always use the defense "I'm getting it as a gift for someone" even though oftentimes it's really for myself.

I like buying things online because it is more anonymous.

I feel the same way sometimes. I'll wander around a store until the isle I want to shop in is clear because I don't like people around me when I'm shopping for certain things. I listen to A LOT of different kinds of music so I have some guilty pleasures too that I feel weird buying certain CDs...

I had to buy a load of pencil crayons for my art. The only ones the store had were ones in a packet covered in fairies and were pink (not sure why). Me my mate had a right laugh going to the counter and saying in a really sarcastic tone "this is a birthday present for my little sister" xD

Tampons and condoms. Also I hate when a girl makes me hold their purse for them at the mall, I just throw it in a plastic bag and carry it around.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When my sister sent me to the store to buy her a pregnancy test a few years ago. Why would a girl send her 12 year old brother to buy a pregnancy test? Even worse was when the cashier said "I can't believe kids are getting pregnant before highschool," implying I wasn't the first young kid to buy a pregnancy test at that store. I merely just responded "for my sister..." :S

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Every so often I have to go the chemists to pick up my prescription for the pill. The thing is, I have it for period pains, not because I'm having sex. It's always embarrassing when someone from school/friend of my parents/teacher/whatever is in there at the same time and sees me buying contraceptives..

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I went to buy condoms for my little brother. He was to embarassed to buy them himself and OF COURSE he asks for the "ribbed for her pleasure" kind and I was like JHGU;AEURIGDG REALLY???? So I get these funny looks from people like "OMG We know what SHES doing tonight" The cashier raised their eyebrow at me and I was like "Screw you Im allergic to latex, not mine jerk"

bunny

birb overlord
All right... I've got a good one. My sister and I have a tradition of going shopping on Fridays. We usually buy some cute clothes, and then head over to the grocery store to get some junk food... Well, one day our mom happened to ask us to buy something for her while we were there... Ex-lax and toilet paper... Okay... I'm not quite finished yet, though. It also happened that my sister needed to pick up a package of pads because we were running low. Now, along with those three things, we had also bought a hefty amount of junk food for our Friday all-nighter.

Yup. Ex-lax, toilet paper, pads, and chocolate. Luckily we had a female cashier who looked very sympathetic. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom