• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Most Dynamic Duo?

Dynamic Duos?

• OOT- Link & Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MM- Link & Tatl

• SS- Link & Fi

• TP- Link & Midna

• PH- Link & Linebeck

• ST- Link & Zelda

• Other

• Total voters

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
In the Zelda games, there is usually a Link and ____ duo. In OOT, you have Link & Navi. TP, Link & Midna. ST, Link & Zelda. MM, Link & Tatl. SS, Link & Fi, etc. So who is the most Dynamic duo? I haven't played a ton of games so I may not have covered everything.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I voted Link and Midna. Midna was the least annoying companion of any of he games, yeah she was a *****, but i liked that about her, and especially her revelation when speaking of the mirrors and how she has a change of heart due to Link doing so much for her world, while she had selfishly been leading him to do her bidding for a world that was not even his.... i could go on.

a lot of people say Midna was a snotty brat of a companion but that just fits her character as a princess type, and she only needed to be shown life outside of royalty to gain more respect for others. i dont know, good story within the character if you ask me!

I voted Midna because she was the least annoying, and she had the most character development. I could say the same for Linebeck, but I think TP did it better.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Let's see...technically speaking, Link x Midna can get the most done. Most versatile. So I vote for them.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I voted Midna (shocker!), just because as was said, she had a lot of character development, and none of it was sudden. She had a definite personality, and one of the most realistic one of companions, IMO. In the end, she even sacrifices her bonds with Link and Zelda to protect them. Not saying companions never sacrifice, but this just really hit me.

Din Akera

Sniper
Wow, off the chat votes for Link and Midna. lol I guess I'm not surprised. I also voted for the duo.

I have always perceived the partnerships as a matter of convenience so to speak. The navigator needs a friend and Link needs a navigator. The partnerships are usually rather simple and the two characters mesh well with each other. With Link and Midna however, this was not the case, in fact they two really didn't like each other at all to start out, but grew together and developed a friendship, or more depending on if you are a Link x Midna person.

I think the reason Link and Midna's relationship is so dynamic is because of the development of their relationship, but also because of how dynamic Midna is as a character. She has independent thoughts and feelings (to Link and to being the navigator for the game). This allows players to develop an opinion of her, and even have that opinion change overtime. Link;s relationship with Tatl in MM starts out very much the same as Link and Midnas. They don't really like each other at all to start out and eventually they grow to be friends. I was thinking to myself 'why then is there a difference between the two relationships' and I believe it to be the depth of Midna's character. Tatl, though having a lot of personality doesn't really develop or grow throughout the game, in fact, I'd venture to say she grows almost not at all, as she casts Link out at the end of the game.

The short version: the dynamic relationship is due to dynamic characters, imo.

I choose to subvert the general premise of the poll and vote for the real dynamic duo of the series...

wp5UoRY.jpg

I'd have said Navi and Link because you really felt the connection during the Ganondorf fight when Link and Navi stood together, but I'm gonna ultimately pick Zelda and Link from ST.

ST Zelda is perhaps the best written version of Zelda in the entire Zelda series, she is funny, sometimes scary and never wholly annoying which is impressive considering how involved she is during the story and gameplay.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well the choices given make it a easy choice for me and it always is in my view -- Link and Midna.

You have this unlikely partnership, you have Link, a humble village boy, who has this noble aura, he is generally seen as a role model among his peers. Then you have Midna, a Princess of a darkish tribe, who has a, let's say, odd persona. The two are brought together by one common goal, defeating Zant, but generally for different reasons. Midna, during the beginning phases, uses Link to get what she wants -- Link just wants to save his friends as well and is dragged into a bigger scenario.

As the two carry on the journey you see their friendship change and advance, their different motives become one after a while. Link realises the bigger picture and that it's not just about saving his friends, but instead the "whole" of Hyrule. While Midna comes to the realisation that it's not just about her getting her powers back, but instead it's about putting aside past complications between the two worlds and instead about saving Hyrule.

Link and Midna grow to care for each other and more importantly they grew into the most unique and strongest duo to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom