• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Moment You Fell In "Love" with the Zelda Series?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sorry if there is a thread similar to this, I did look...

So what was the pivotal moment when you started to really like the Zelda sereis? or as I put it "love" haha! It could be a certain scene, a certain game, an ending Ect. Have fun!

For me it was the first time I played Twilight Princess! Previously I had only owned PH for the DS...I had always loved the Zelda series but I had been a part of the PlayStation series so the only Nintendo console's I had when I was younger was the GBA but I decided to try out the Wii! So in 2007 I decided to buy Twilight Princess, best decision I ever made :)

Straight away the opening cut scene, the music, the style of graphics....I was just like wow! From this point on I was obsessed with this game and after I finished the game I truly considered myself to be a Zelda fan!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Very first time I played Ocarina of Time 14 years and couple months ago was when I fell in love with the Zelda series. I've recently climbed out of the pit, though, since recent Zelda games have done me no justice. :I

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I enjoyed the NES Zeldas, but not necessarily more than a lot of other games for the system at the time. I came to see the franchise as 'special' about the first half hour into LttP.

I guess for me it was the moment i saw OoT's Hyrule Field for the first time.

I had been playing Zelda all my life but wasn't old enough around LoZ, AoL and ALttP to realise what they all were.
Before OoT came out i had made the connections and became a bit more sentient and when i played OoT i was really impressed with it but getting to the field it was like my world doubled in size, i had never seen anything so big in a video game before and it kind of blew my mind, i kept playing and it was all i played for a very long time just loving its scale. So i guess OoT and Hyrule field is when i fell in love with Zelda having being playing it for some time before then.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The moment I fell in love with the series was the first time I played A Link to the Past and defeated Agahnim. I was 4 and I genuinely believed Agahnim was the end of the game. I thought I was going to rip him a new one, save Zelda and all would be well. Then I saw him send Zelda to the Dark World but I still thought beating Agahnim would make her come back or something. Of course, after beating him, he pulls you into the Dark World, sits you on top of a huge Golden Pyramid and you realise the game is only just beginning.

That was when I knew I loved The Legend of Zelda.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
In all honesty... I think it's when I read the official manga. I'd played The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass beforehand, but I just liked them because they were good games and didn't really care for that fact that they were "Zelda". I found the Ocarina of Time manga Vol. 1 at Barnes and Noble one day and suddenly I was very interested in the series. I bought the game Ocarina of Time pretty much so I could compare it to the manga. In fact, I read the manga before playing for every Zelda game except PH.

So yeah... it's not a traditional way of falling in "love", but what can you say? That's how it happened. :lol:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Nostalgia Alert!

The day I first killed Ganon at the end of Ocarina of Time. There are no proper words to describe the experience. I will never forget it.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
My friend became a Zelda fan when we were kids. I would watch her play it and listen to her talk about it, but I didn't have the consoles to play it, and I was happy with Spyro on the ps1. Years passed, my horizons broadened to being both a Spyro and Pokemon fan. When TP came out, after hearing my friend's praises for the series for all those years, I decided to try it. Needless to say I loved it. The same friend also got me into Fire Emblem, but I forgot exactly when. Either LoZ or FE was my gateway medieval fantasy game, whichever one I played first.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
After playing Majora's Mask. I'd already played Ocarina of Time and a bit of both Oracle games, so I was eager to play the sequel to the game that got me started (especially after hearing about the 3 day time mechanic). That was pretty much when it became my favorite series, as well.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
First Zelda game, Majora's Mask. i wasn't even playing it, my brother was just showing me it because he thought it was a game I would love. Boy... was he on the ball or what. After seeing him play for a couple of minutes, I REALLY wanted to play. And I haven't stopped wanting to play since.

Mors

~Death~
I grew up watching my dad play video games, one of these games was OoT. It was when my father let me play that game with him that I fell in "love" with the series. I had watched him play it for hours before I actually played it myself and I felt it was just about the best game out there.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I had played the first LoZ before, but I had never beat it. It wasn't until I played OoT many years later that I truly fell in love with the series. I think it was after I had gotten all three Spiritual Stones and encountered Ganondorf on my return to Castle Town. The cut scene...I saw it and thought, "THAT'S who I have to beat to save the world. Will I be able to win?". And then I couldn't wait to see if I was able to save Hyrule and Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom