• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The moderators should make a sticky topic for all the Switch keynote talk

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Just so the talk is all in one place. Having a new hopic for every new litle piece of information could totally spam up the forums.

What does everyone think about this?
I agree. If there truly is a major piece of info requiring it's own thread then that should indeed happen but for all the little things, one place should suffice.

We already have a stickey Switch thread here.

How exactly would this thread be different? As is, new information to be discussed can be discussed in that thread?
You are missing the point. You know as well as I do people will make a new topic for every new word out of Miyamoto's mouth (same for all the others too.) Do we really need 50 different topics about each slightly different point made in the keynote presentation? No we do not. Sure major points are fine but the rest are not.

What are you (as well as the other moderators) going to do about this issue?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Just a little irk I have @the8thark is that you are calling it a Switch Keynote. While it actually is just called the Switch Event....

I understand that you are making comparisons to Apple.... But Nintendo has actually done many events like this in the past... A lot before Apple even started doing Keynotes. Just a little irk I have, and nothing major. I just wanted to speak my mind on that.

But yes, I think a thread should be stickied... However, not now. I think a thread should be made the day off so that information isn't cluttered. I actually think there should be a pre-event, and post event thread. That way when the Switch information blows up, newcomers and latecomers can easily find all of the relevent discussion instead of just ramblings of speculation and whatnot.

Just a little irk I have @the8thark is that you are calling it a Switch Keynote. While it actually is just called the Switch Event....
Apple events are called events too. But in fact they are a kaynote presentation with a few live demos of products. I don't forsee this Switch event to be anything different . . . but I could be wrong though.
But Nintendo has actually done many events like this in the past... A lot before Apple even started doing Keynotes.
Apple did it's annual keynote at Macworld since 1985
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macworld/iWorld
Since 1997 and the second coming of Steve Jobs Apple did the keynotes a lot more frequently. When Macworld died Apple moved them to WWDC and other special event keynotes. Apple and Nintendo (for video games) started doing them around the same time in the late 80's.

However your point is totally noted and I get you totally. It's an event in which a keynote presention primarily takes place. That's if I have predicted the Switch event correctly. It could be totally different and be a totally different experience. In that case it would not be a keynote presentation at all.

Your words on this are well noted and I agree with you mostly. I'm just presuming the format of the Switch event. Too presumptuous of me? Well we'll find out on the 13th January.

But yes, I think a thread should be stickied... However, not now. I think a thread should be made the day off so that information isn't cluttered. I actually think there should be a pre-event, and post event thread. That way when the Switch information blows up, newcomers and latecomers can easily find all of the relevent discussion instead of just ramblings of speculation and whatnot.
I think this is a good idea. A pre topic for all the chat and when things are announced people can announce them there. Also we should have a summary or post topic too as you said. Like a TLDR of the event with every little detail in one easy to read and access post/topic. You and I could organise it as we are the main ones wanting such a topic to help the others. I quite liek how you organise your info into the posts, they are very well done.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
You are missing the point. You know as well as I do people will make a new topic for every new word out of Miyamoto's mouth (same for all the others too.) Do we really need 50 different topics about each slightly different point made in the keynote presentation? No we do not. Sure major points are fine but the rest are not.

What are you (as well as the other moderators) going to do about this issue?
Then use the already existing thread instead of making a new topic? Why does there need to be two topics about the Switch? I'm with Jimmu here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom