• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Return?

Oh, I'm absolutely down for venturing outside Hyrule. I think my biggest peeve with stuff like the Oracle games and Majora's Mask is that all of them make a point of saying their settings are "parallel worlds" rather than proper neighboring countries. I'd like to see a game where Hyrule and some hypothetical future setting are treated as neighboring countries that interact. Makes Hyrule feel less like a vacuum.

I guess they want to keep the lore of Hyrule being the world consistent. Because some sources do say that Hyrule, as the sense of the world "Hyrule", being the universe in which Link and Co are living in. It's been further supported since Termina is basically a parallel world.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I guess they want to keep the lore of Hyrule being the world consistent. Because some sources do say that Hyrule, as the sense of the world "Hyrule", being the universe in which Link and Co are living in. It's been further supported since Termina is basically a parallel world.

I get wanting to keep lore consistent,but Hyrule has been stated throughout the series to be a kingdom, with maps of the place putting clear boundaries on it. So, is the rest of the world just a barren wasteland? If Elder Scrolls has taught me anything, it's that you can have a consistent lore while also having a vast world around it.

I get wanting to keep lore consistent,but Hyrule has been stated throughout the series to be a kingdom, with maps of the place putting clear boundaries on it. So, is the rest of the world just a barren wasteland? If Elder Scrolls has taught me anything, it's that you can have a consistent lore while also having a vast world around it.

I agree with you; I'd like to see several kingdoms outside of Hyrule and technically, Hytopia is a different kingdom which - surprisingly - isn't located in a different parallel universe. In order to keep the lore consistent, it could work like that: Naming the world/universe Hyrule while there is a kingdom sharing the same name like the universe but isn't actually the whole world. With this kind of lore, other countries could easily co-exist with Hyrule as neighboring kingdoms.

Hyrule as a kingdom must mean there are other countries around it, would love to be able to travel to them.
Its frustrating that you can see them but can’t get to them!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Hyrule as a kingdom must mean there are other countries around it, would love to be able to travel to them.
Its frustrating that you can see them but can’t get to them!

I remember the OG Zelda comic adaptation introduced the neighboring kingdom of Calatia, from which that version of Link was said to be from. I always used it as nice set dressing back when I wrote Zelda fanfiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom