• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Minish Return?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Early in the development of Breath of the Wild, there were plans to have the Minish be an NPC race within the game. Sure they are a lot larger than their depiction in The Minish Cap, but wouldn't it be interesting to have The Minish return in BotW 2? Given the fact that they can apparrently only be seen by the young children during a certain time-period that returns every 100 years or so, I think it would be interesting for Nintendo to put them back into the game.
AAMINISH_5F00_610.jpg

Heck, since BotW had cool stuff to do with Amiibos that we would unlock iconic outfits and weapons, why not allow players to unlock even more iconic weapons... say... the Four Sword for example?

But rather than splitting into four separate Links, this version of the Four Sword would create three duplicate copies of Link that follow right behind him and repeat his actions, allowing for multiple strikes to occur on an enemy with just one press of the button. The effect would be similar to the Rainbow Invulnerability Star from Super Mario Galaxy, except each following light clone would be a separate color - Red, Blue, and Purple.
1200px-Rainbow_Mario_-_Super_Mario_Galaxy.png

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
If I remember correctly, they referenced it in Creating a Champion. And there are also dataminers that were able to dig into Breath of the Wild's files to find unused assets. And if you look at my original post, there is an image of Link at a Picori Village. Judging by how minimal the textures are in the screenshot, it is implied that it is earlier in development.

There was a a lot of cut content in Breath of the Wild. Such as aliens being a possible random encounter that pop in from the sky.
58c7fd856ff8016b008b48bc

There are a lot of cut assets that Zelda games eventually make use of in future titles. Ideas that have gone unused. From what we can see in BotW 2's E3 trailer from earlier this year, Link will not be using the Sheikah Slate. Instead his arm is augmented by ancient technology and it might corrupt him, if the following concept art will prove to be the inspiration for his arm-thing in BotW 2. So perhaps we will see Link slowly become corrupt by this tech.

After all, we do see in the E3 trailer that his arm is used now instead of the Sheikah Slate to perform actions such as an advanced form of Staisis. So it appears that Nintendo is actually managing to make use of something that didn't initially make the final cut, but is making a return in a future title once more.
Zelda-Breath-Wild-2-Link-Hair-Fall.jpg

D8zFZtjUIAA7tXt.jpg:large

And I also have a prediction... that Link himself might even be the Hero of 10,000 Years Prior. After all, the tapestry shows the Hero having something strange going on with one of his arms. Notice the strange yellow-white lines that seem to have a glow to them? And how his hand is a similar glow? Sure this is just speculation, but it could mean that we either will see Time Travel once again... or that the arm we have in BotW 2 is a tool that was used by the Hero of 10,000 Years prior.
But I believe Time Travel might be the case. Given that half of the Hero's torso in the tapestry is colored with a green waving pattern... not dissimilar to the green half-toga Link is seen wearing in the BotW 2 gameplay trailer.
35a27acc-1a2c-42a0-87b6-277128dc4b9c-legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_opening_screen-copy.jpg

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Thta might be interesting to see, and to know that they're still around after all those thousands of years. The main fundamental problem though is the whole "can only be seen by children" thing, since Link isn't a child in that game. Like @Skull_Kid said, they were created for the more goofy childlike tones of mc, not for the atmosphere we see in botw and botw 2. There's also the environmental aspect of the game seemingly wanting to draw us up into the sky, while the minish bring the player closest to the ground. Overall though, would love to see them again at some point, there's a lot more that could be done with them methinks.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Nintendo has a short fence around the Capcom games but if ANYTHING were to make it in, it wild have to be Piccori. I mentioned this before BotW came out, just a tiny door in a stump or a patch of clover moving around. A rupee shuffling through the grass, a tiny elevator made of a button and thread with a counterweight. Link shouldn't be able to see them as an adult but that would be the fun of it. I also want to see the return of the Piccori as a main theme but I'd much prefer the game be smaller in scope so that emphasis can be put on the miniscule details surrounding the Minish. But yeah, I would love to see them return in breath of the wild 2.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I say no, mostly because Zelda just doesn't do much with previously established elements in the series. If it isn't Ganon, the Triforce, or the Master Sword then it will probably be left on the drawing room floor.

I say no, mostly because Zelda just doesn't do much with previously established elements in the series. If it isn't Ganon, the Triforce, or the Master Sword then it will probably be left on the drawing room floor.

Nah, they brought the Koroks back. And since BotW2 is the result of having too many cut content, there's a possibility of the Piccori appearing again.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Nah, they brought the Koroks back. And since BotW2 is the result of having too many cut content, there's a possibility of the Piccori appearing again.

I was happy to see them com eback, but I'm not convinced it will be a regular thing (though I hope that it is and that the games becomes interconnected).

I was happy to see them com eback, but I'm not convinced it will be a regular thing (though I hope that it is and that the games becomes interconnected).

I hope so as well. Maybe we can even explore the lands beside Hyrule which we couldn't access before. Either way, they're probably developing on BotW2 ever since the last DLC of BotW, so that's a lot of time spending on this sequel.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I hope so as well. Maybe we can even explore the lands beside Hyrule which we couldn't access before. Either way, they're probably developing on BotW2 ever since the last DLC of BotW, so that's a lot of time spending on this sequel.

Oh, I'm absolutely down for venturing outside Hyrule. I think my biggest peeve with stuff like the Oracle games and Majora's Mask is that all of them make a point of saying their settings are "parallel worlds" rather than proper neighboring countries. I'd like to see a game where Hyrule and some hypothetical future setting are treated as neighboring countries that interact. Makes Hyrule feel less like a vacuum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom