• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern The Minish Cap or Twilight Princess: Which Deserves a Prequel More?

Which Game is Most Deserving of a Prequel?

• The Minish Cap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twilight Princess

• Neither

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have recently seen a lot of threads about sequels and prequels here at the forums. My question in this thread is: Between The Minish Cap and Twilight Princess, which game do you think is more deserving of a prequel? Both games have relatively weak backstories that do not have nearly enough explanation. They both have tons of loose ends in their stories. But which one moreso?

The Minish Cap deserves a prequel mostly because of the Hero of Men story. Said story was only briefly explained in the intro to TMC, and I think it needs to be expanded upon. Maybe we could see the origin of the Picori Blade, and the Picori themselves? A game featuring the Hero of Men would be welcome to me because it would make it easier to understand the Minish Cap.

Twilight Princess on the other hand did not feature a previous hero in is backstory, but it still has loose ends. We know that the Dark Interlopers mentioned in the game are the race that originally evolved into the Twili. But how did that happen? Who are the Dark Interlopers anyway? A game that tells the story of the Dark Interlopers, and explains the origin of the Twili and even the Light Spirits, would easily make Twilight Princess much more understandable. It would be nice to get an explanation, because it currently looks as if the Twili just randomly appeared there without an explanation. And how come the Light Spirits are not in any previous titles?

My vote goes for the Minish Cap, personally. A prequel to that game would fill the gap between said game and its current predecessor, Skyward Sword. It could explain the origin of the Picori Blade, and even possibly why Skyloft does not exist in other games.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
TMC was originally set up as a prequel to the rest of the series, but was superceded by SS.

TP, however, references several events which we have no *official* answer to, such as the events that cast the Interlopers into the Twilight and created the Twili.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'd prefer some original ideas.

However, when you think about it, MC is a prequel! You can only ride that train so much.

TP, on the other hand, has a lot of great material to help it. We have some strange war with dark mages, some mysterious Light Spirits, a portal to another dimension that sits atop a vicious prison, and a massive war for the Triforce whose timeline status is ambiguous.

This is a no-brainer.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm tired of prequels and sequels.

Why not a unique Zelda game that barely has anything to do with the rest of the series?

jack546

The chosen one
I think the Minish deserve more of an explanation. I would also like a better story of the creation of the Minish sword.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I think TP deserves a prequel. It was a game that never quite lived up to it's potential. There could definitely be a way that they could make a prequel around the founding of Ordona Province, for example. There would be no point in an MC prequel just because, as has been said, we already have SS, and also, MC in my opinion doesn't matter much to the timeline or in terms of Zelda at all.

Neither of these games really need a prequel, but I'd have to say Twilight Princess should get one over Minish Cap. The Hero of Man back story doesn't really need to shown in a game, mainly because it's so generic, and I see the Minish as a onetime race, who don't really need any further development.

The Dark Interloper story, however, might have potential. It honestly felt like Nintendo pulled them, the Twili and the Twilight Realm out of their hindquarters in Twilight Princess. In fact, they did that a lot with Twilight Princess, introducing locations and characters, like the weird-looking sages and Light Spirits, who had never been mentioned before. A prequel could definitely fix some of these issues, providing us with context for how the events of Twilight Princess came about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom