• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Metroid Topic

I've now played every Metroid game except Prime 1 and 2 (and the original NES version, but Zero Mission takes the place of that one right?). The trilogy comes out this Monday, and saying I'm excited about it is an understatement. I've heard nothing but good about these two games, and many say they were better than Prime 3, which I enjoyed thoroughly. Really looking forward to it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Hey, guys, just wondering: Did MP Trilogy come out yet?

It comes out on the 24th (Monday) and it's getting excellent reviews already from game reviewers. Although really, is that a surprise? Take 3 top-notch titles and pack them together for the price of one? It's a no-brainer! I can't wait to pick this one up. I've never played 2 or 3, and never beat 1 either. I'm really excited to get this series going again.

It comes out on the 24th (Monday) and it's getting excellent reviews already from game reviewers. Although really, is that a surprise? Take 3 top-notch titles and pack them together for the price of one? It's a no-brainer! I can't wait to pick this one up. I've never played 2 or 3, and never beat 1 either. I'm really excited to get this series going again.

No kidding. Add in faster loading times, doors opening right when you shoot them, slightly improved graphics, a fifty dollar price tag, and Wii controls for all, and you have a guaranteed success. Even if I did own Prime 1 and 2 on the Game Cube, I would still buy this. This will definitely keep me busy until the awesome looking Other M is released.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I'm waiting for the prime trilogy too. It sounds like an excellent thing to own, since MP1 was incredible, to have Wii controls for it is a wonderful thing. MP2 was ok, but it was still a good game. Adding Wii controls with good care and a loving touch is something these games need. Retro treats all of it's Metroid titles with care, considering they are the only 3 notable games they released beyond the N64 era.

Oh and here's the definite Metroid Timeline if anyone is wondering:

Zero Mission -> MP1 -> MPH-> MP2 -> MP3 -> Metroid 2 -> Super Metroid -> Fusion

Do you guys think it's worth getting MP Trilogy if I already have Prime 3?

For me, I would definitely think it was worth it. But that's just me. Have you played Prime 1 and 2 before? If you haven't, this a must in your collection of Wii games. If you have, it still might be worth it for all the new features. Prime 3 won't be any different I would guess, but the trilogy is mainly just about the first two being improved anyway.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
No, i've never played Prime 1 or 2. Well, I have played a bit of 2's multiplayer at a friend's house, which I thought was quite fun. But that's about it.

Maybe i'll just end up selling 3 after getting MP Trilogy, I dunno.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I'd definitely say it's worth it, even if you don't sell MP3 later (which might be hard to do once Trilogy's released...) You're still getting two of the top GC games on one disc for $50, but with Wii Controls, Widescreen support, improved graphics, fixed glitches, and tweaked difficulty. That's mighty impressive. If you liked MP3, then people always say MP1 is the best of the three games, so I wouldn't think you'd be disappointed.

Zarom

The King
I've only play two Metroid games in my life: Metroid Zero Mission & Metroid Prime, but I have to say I really enjoyed them and after Zelda :) (and maybe Mario or/and Donkey Kong) it surely comes second in my favorite video games. I like them! They are awesome games! I'm a fan and I'm planning to get other Metroid Games when I can.

Actually, I have Metroid Prime on the GC and I've beat it two (or three?) times. :D

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I bought it as well, but it's not easy to find. I had to ask an employee of Best Buy to actually find it for me, and it was still in a box in the warehouse. I haven't seen it on display at Wal-Mart or HMV or other Best Buys either. Kind of odd...

I haven't played it yet, sicne I bought a PS3 Slim and Arkham Asylum at the same time. I think I might actually save Metroid for the dark days of winter ahead... That's when I often played Metroid titles in the past, so it seems right to do it again this time.

As for the Steelbook case, it's nifty, but it seems like repeat openings will wear down the joints. I never bought Steelbook DVDs, so I don't know what their life expectancy is, but I think I'm going to move the disc to a standard white DVD case with a custom label during play. I bought a number of them off eBay awhile back for sames that didn't come with cases like WiiSports and Link's Crossbow Training. I just wouldnt' want to have the pretty Metroid case all banged up just because I wanted to play the game... :P

I bought it first thing last Tuesday, and I love it. While I don't think Prime is better than Prime 3 so far, I'm really enjoying playing the Prime 2 multiplayer with my brothers. One thing I don't like about it is that you have to buy so many things, and those tokens are actually kind of hard to get.

Juxtor

aka. musician_4_life
As much as the younger generation are loving the Prime Series. The best Metroid game for me and MANY other people i have spoken to is Super Metroid on SNES....
just playing through that game again recently just brought a massive nostalgic feel which only a few games can do.........LoZ & ALTTP of course among others...haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom