• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The meaning of Triforce

the Triforce is the sacred golden triangles that represent Power, Wisdom, and Courage. I think there a symbol for greed. Like in Twilight Princess, Link "killed" Illia just to get to it. I think the game is saying dont have greed over other things. only bad things will happen!

Well the creators made the triforce as a part of the game and they probably wanted it to look cool so they didn't include a middle peice also if the triforce is broken into parts well they didn't want a 4th peice also did anyone notice this (Din, the Goddess of Power and the red Earth = Goron. Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, Time, and Law = Zora. And Farore, the Goddess of Courage and the creator of all life forms on this world = Kokiri. I don't just mean this b/c of their colors, but could the middle be Hylian???

Chris

It has been awhile...
Who would possibly think there is a fourth Triforce piece??? Only someone who has not played OoT thinks that I am guessing. I have always known that there are only 3 pieces to the Triforce and no other. It is so obvious because there are 3 goddesses which = 3 triforce pieces. I hope I never see anything about a 4th TRIforce piece.

B

blahhhhhhhh

trifroce

there weren't three pieces in the original, so its referring to the shape

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
A fourth Triforce is an interesting idea. I'd wager Nintendo will never confirm nor use it, but nothin' wrong with fantasizing. I agree with Zemen, that if there was a fourth Triforce, it would be hope. I'd be surprised if Nintendo ever said there is a fourth, though.

Chuck Norris IS the fourth Triforce piece.

Just a quick joke, or is it? ;)

I wouldn't mind a fourth piece. Would bring a new character to the table.

Taggerung115

Warrior
It would be a nice twist to add some history to a possible fourth piece, but thus far there is not one. The design of the sheilds and such was obviously just for decoration. It could have had some sort of meaning like if the eagle was Link carrying it, or the eagle representing the Hyrule Royal Family carrying a piece (since it is handed down through Zelda).

I believe the eagle you are referring to is a loftwing.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a Triforce of Hope, but don't believe it. It never said in game that there was a fourth Triforce piece but never said there WASN'T. Hope ties wtih everything, Link is the most courageous person ever and with no hope he couldn't be like that. Zelda is wise, intelligent and if she had no hope Hyrule would of already been destroyed. Ganon has incredible strength, if he didn't believe he could get the Triforce he never would of done so. I like how I find things people don't say and then on the next post I see the thing I thought of what I was gonna say. If you don't have any wisdom, courage, or power you think everything as pointless and you will always lose. If you have lots of hope you will gain courage, power, wisdom. There is a fourth goddess * spoiler*
Zelda was the goddess reincarnated as a human in Skyward Sword. I believe she is like the goddess of goddesses to Din, Nayru, Farore. :nod:

Taggerung115

Warrior
Well the creators made the triforce as a part of the game and they probably wanted it to look cool so they didn't include a middle peice also if the triforce is broken into parts well they didn't want a 4th peice also did anyone notice this (Din, the Goddess of Power and the red Earth = Goron. Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, Time, and Law = Zora. And Farore, the Goddess of Courage and the creator of all life forms on this world = Kokiri. I don't just mean this b/c of their colors, but could the middle be Hylian???

Well, there is the goddess Hylia, also known as Her Grace.

When the gods of old departed from the world, they trusted their ultimate power, the Triforce in the hands of Her Grace to protect it. She ruled over the humans (who would later be known as the Hylians) and the five great races of the land.

Although she began as a divine entity, she was later, by her own choice, reborn into a mortal form and became the true ancestor to the Royal Family of Hyrule and explaining the magical powers passed down within their bloodline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom