• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The MCC Week 3: Majora's Mask (1st Time)

David

But you called me here...
Well, we only had one entry for it this week, but that's still good! At least someone out there is interested in this contest. The theme was Majora's Mask. Contestants were supposed to create a rendition, or remix, or rewrite of a song from Majora's Mask.

Our Entry:
[video=youtube;AQSO5obEtNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQSO5obEtNY[/video]
Submitted by CannibalPieChan, who is officially this week's winner. It is a pretty cool remix of the Stone Tower Temple Theme. I personally like it a lot. Its very well done and is very high in quality.

So, now that you can listen to the entry, please post some constructive criticism on the piece. Our contestants are always looking for ways to improve their work, and criticism is a great way to do that. So, thank you.

And now for next week's theme.
I have decided to do a game with a soundtrack that I personally enjoy. The theme will be
The Wind Waker
And because I've been a little busy as of late, I'm going to make the deadline for entries:
The 25 of January
to give you guys a little more time than I originally planned to make your entries.

Now, I really hope that more people join in on this contest. We had a good number the first week, and we've been diminishing in numbers steadily since. I'd really love to see your entries! I know that we have some musicians on the forums, or at least people that enjoy using technology to make cool music, so step up Zelda Dungeon! I really want to see your talent! Thanks to CannibalPieChan for participating, and thank you for reading this post.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Extremely good. Ugh! I would love to have some music making skills just to be able to lose to something like this. It was completely awesome. The slow blend in the middle really had me nodding my head. Great entry!

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I definitely enjoyed that remix. Great job, CannibalPieChan. I'm certainly no musical expert, but I'll try to tell you what I thought of it anyway.:)

A good take on the original, I feel it keeps much of the feeling intact. It especially reminds me of the inverted stone tower song, and I think it adequately reflects some of the feelings of lost-weird-new-ness that follows when you turn the tower upside-down for the first time. I definitely love the overall feel of this remix. I'm very far from musically gifted, so I can't really offer more than this. If I come up with anything else, I'll edit this to let you know.^^

C

CannibalPieChan

Wow, thanks so much guys. >w< I had a lot of fun doing this remix. Hopefully I'll have something good for WW, too.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Oh no! I forgot to submit mine. I even forgot to record it.... *facepalm* at least I am very happy. because CannibalPieChan's remix was very awesome! I really like the style of it, it was really cool.

David

But you called me here...
Wow! This is awewsome!!

And I WISH I HAD LOOKED AT THIS THREAD EARLIER! I can't do something for WW in one day... :( too bad, it's my favourite game...

If it helps, it might take me a day or two to write the thread and introduction on Tuesday... if you can get it to me on Tuesday, I will still accept it. Plus, i've been pretty busy myself, so I know how you feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom