• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The MCC Week 2: Ocarina of Time

Who's the Winner?

• Entry #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry #2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David

But you called me here...
Well, its time for another week of the Music Community Competition! We have two well done entries this week that I think that you'll all enjoy. Now that I have made the submitters anonymous to the general community, that should lower any bias.

Our first entry is a nice reorchestration of the Lost Woods Theme. Its pretty well done.

The second entry is a nice re-mix of the Song of Storms. Pretty well done as well.

So, there are this week's entries! Both well done in my opinion, and I'm grateful for these entries. Voting ends on the 14th. When the voting is complete, I will anounce the winners in a new post, and I'll edit this original post and replace the entries with the names of the contestants. And please, if you vote... provide some constructive criticism or at least state why you voted.

Now... On to next week's theme.
I have decided that the theme will be...
Majora's Mask
and the due date will be...
The 17th of January. At the end of the day.

So... thanks for those that entered, and i hope more people join in for the next one! I look forward to the new entries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedizora

:right:
Both of them were done very well, and if I have to vote on quality, then I cna't decide. This means I have to vote on how much I liked it. I love the song of storms and lost woods, but I'll have to choose song of storms. To bad you forgot to put a poll. EDIT: Nevremind, I saw the poll.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Looks like you took my advice, HoM, and made it anonymous. Personally, I find it a lot easier to vote this way.

The first entry is great, it sounds very classical and flows smoothly. The one bug I have with it is that it sounds a little bit too much like the original. Other than that, it is very nice! :)

The Song of Storms remix is beautiful as well. The beats are awesome and the mix put on it sounds very chilling, which I personally enjoy. I think this also sounds very pleasing to the ears.

These are both great works, but I have to vote for the second entry, the Song of Storms remix. I like this one just a bit more.

David

I voted for number 2.

Number 1 seems a little too much like the original, even though I can tell it isn't. The ending also seems a little "out-of-no-where" ish. I like it, but not as much as number 2.

Number 2 was very well done. Sounded almost like a professional remix. My only issue with it was that it was a little too repetitive for my taste. You might want to try changing up some of the music. But still, amazing.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Like Jedizora said, the quality in both were excellent. No complaints there. However, I like beats alot and the second one had a really nice beat. Also it had a lot of originality in it, so I vote for the second entry.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I liked Entry number 2 the best. It really fit with the picture and the theme. I also like the low bass part in the beginning. My vote goes there. :)

Kybyrian

Both were amazing. I can't vote on the quality of either of one, so I'm going to have to dig up some reasoning here. The second one had a very nice rhythm to it and was very original. The first seemed a bit... lacking. Brilliant were both of them, but I'm going to vote for the second one.

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
I loved them both! You two are both very talented people, I listened to them both and wondered how I would decide.

Yes, the Lost Woods one was a lot like the original, but it was very lovely to listen to. I ended up voting for this one.

I loved the Song of Storms one also! I'm a HUGE fan of the song, I loved the beat, but the effects kind of turned me away, but I'm just not a fan of that type of music. I do have to congratulate you, though, it's a gorgeous song!!

Well done to you both. :D

Adam

Undefeated
This was very hard to decide on. Both of these are great and extremely well-done. The Song of Storms is my favorite song from all of Zelda, and it might just be that I'm hard to please when it comes to doing the piece justice, but I voted for the Lost woods song.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
While I thought both were really well done, I did like one of them more than the other.

The first was well-done, I loved the soft melody, but it was far too close to the originol to really stand out as a remix. The ending was kind of abrupt and I don't like that in music unless it is needed. However, I thought it was still a nice tune and a good idea of what a remix should try to be.

Number two was even better, though. I loved the beat and the electronic feel to it, and though I could easily reconize the song, it was much different and that I really liked. It was a little long, but I liked it enough to not care. The only problem I had was that some parts were a little weak, but that's not an obvious fault.

So, I've decided I like the second song more. :3

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I voted for number one.

Lost Woods: This one sounded great with all the various instruments. Even though it sounded like the original, I thought it was a very well done rendition.

Song of Storms: This one was... good. Idk, I thought the techno theme kinda killed it. I've always looked at the Song of Storms as a happy, sorta jolly song. This version made me feel sad, so I didn't like it. Oh, and you know how the original goes: Dadada-dadada-da-dadadada-dada. This was like: Dadada-dadada... techno music...

However both were very well done! =D

David

Hey Guys! Seeing as how the last three days were deleted, I will repost the winner and names of the submissions from this week.

Entry #1 was by Hero of Music.

Entry #2 was by CannibalPieChan.

CannibalPieChan is the winner!

And also, I am extending the deadline to:
TONIGHT
You have until midnight in your timezone to complete and send in your entries. Please, participate and send them into me!

Again, the theme is:
Majora's Mask

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom