• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The MCC (Music Community Competition)

David

But you called me here...
Alright guys. It is time to start a new competition and tradition here at Zelda Dungeon! <applause></applause>

I will be hosting a competition every 2 weeks. This competition will be all about the musical talents that each of our members have. We already have a Graphics Competition and a Drawing Competition, so why not expand the competitions further to include music? For each competition, I will be choosing a Zelda game (or some other game, depending on my mood or ideas) that will be featured. You may play on any instrument, group of instruments, use whatever expressions and style, and whatever song that you like. You can also rewrite songs, change the mood, or whatever. I'll even allow MIDI files (or MP3s made of MIDI files) of arrangements and competitions that you make on the computer using whatever software you have. As long as you make it or record it, I'll accept it.

What I think we will be doing is using YouTube to host videos of our playing. You may include yourself in the video, or you can just post the audio. We could also try creating MP3s of the recordings and upload them to some kind of hosting site. And as always, please remember to keep it appropriate and within the Forum's rules.

Alright, now on to the first competition's medium and topic:

Game:The Legend of Zelda (the original) We'll keep it simple this time. Choose one of the themes from the original game, modify it, rewrite it, or whatever to show off your musical skill.

Due By: Saturday, January 1st, 2011 at 11:59 PM in your current Time Zone.

Send ALL entries to me in a PM. DO NOT POST THEM HERE OR ELSE PEOPLE WILL SEE WHAT YOU'VE CREATED BEFORE IT IS TIME!!!

And please, if you have any ideas on how to make this competition better, please post here, and I'll take it into consideration.

David

Alright everyone. I don't want it to seem rude to double post, but this thread is falling into the depths of the forums, and I'd like to make something clear.

Out of the first few people that have shown interest in this contest, there have been a few questions about what can and cannot be submitted. I will accept any thing that you have created. It can be a mash-up with an audio editing software of some of the songs that you've recorded, it can be an original composition, it can be an original medley, it can be the sheet music that you found online, it can even be electronic music from Finale or Sibelius or even Guitar Hero, pretty much anything that you have either recorded or written. However, I WILL NOT accept the original soundtrack of the games. That is cheating and is not permitted. Remixing the OST, however, might be accepted if I deem it appropriate. I claim the right to post or not post entries if I feel that they are not appropriate for the competition or the forums.

Also, to be clear, this time, I will be taking all submissions in the form of YouTube videos. I will either stick to YouTube in the future, or refine some other method, but until that day, we will be using YouTube. The submissions can be just the audio, or video of you playing it or the video of the computer playing it.

So, thank you for your participation! Please, please post here if you have any questions and either I, or someone that understands the rules, will try and answer those questions. And also, if you have any suggestions or ideas, please post them here as well. I will take them willingly.

David

I'd like to participate.
I'll do my best, to try and show off my "musical" skills. :P But I'm not promising anything!
Very well. I look forward to your submission!

So, is just covering the song on an instrument okay? But that sucks, since my guitar broke the other day. Just asking for future reference
Yeah, that's totally fine. As long as its not the OST or an official soundtrack remake that people are making money off of or if you didn't do it, then its fine. I look forward to your submission as well.

David

As in, you wrote it or compose it. That's all that I mean by original composition. I'm sorry if it makes it sound like I want you to write something brand new for every entry. I just want it to be something that you've done that no one else did for you. Let me know if it still doesn't make sense.

And I have 1 entry so far! (yay!) More better follow suit... The competition will be a great addition to the forums, and to your self esteem and an enhancement to your musical talent. PLEASE enter!

David

Yeah. You can PM it to me tomorrow.

Time is running out guys! You have until the very end of tomorrow (January 1st) to turn in your creations. Please send me your entries in a PM by the very end of the day. Upload your entry to either YouTube, or some file sharing site (if that's the case, I'll upload it to YouTube when I get it). So, participate! Thanks!

David

It doesn't have to be a "quality" microphone. Any submission would be wonderful! And you still have time to do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom