• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The MCC: Month 2, Week 1: The Legend of Zelda

Choose the Winner

• Entry #1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Entry #2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David

But you called me here...
Well, this week I have received two entries for the competition. Please, give them a listen and give some good feedback for the artists. Thanks.

Next week's theme will be:
The Legend of Zelda: Old School
Make an entry for any of the older Zelda games. These games include the Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, and A Link to the Past.
Entries will be due:
February 10th, 2011
Send them to me through a PM before that date.

Without further adieu, here are this week's entries.

Entry #1
[video=youtube;M9MZDWu_Fkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9MZDWu_Fkc[/video]
A nice medley of the ocarina songs from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Entry #2
[video=youtube;v9oNYH4bIKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9oNYH4bIKQ[/video]
A good sting quartet of the Legendary Hero theme from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Please, send your entries to me, and compete. Thank you!

*note: I will post the link to the original videos once the voting period is over. (Epic Kyby, use those links in the featured post when I post them when the voting is complete)

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I really like both of them, but I was amazed by Entry #2. The strings were really beautiful to hear, especially the harmony and melody together. I think it definitely deserves a vote.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Entry 1 gets my vote. Sorry entry 2, but I've never played WW so I can understand entry 1's intentions better. I could still hear the main theme in entry two though and it was quite awesome.

David

But you called me here...
Well, both of the entries are awesome and well done. I voted for the first one because it is more up my alley of types of music.

Anyway... As it turns out, you can easily figure out who made the videos by looking at the related videos. So, from now on, I am no longer making the entries anonymous at all. Plus, there wasn't any bias in the first competition, so there's no point in making them anonymous any more. So, I'm going to announce the composers of these two entries.

Whoever the winner is, it will be CannibalPieChan. She made both of the songs, and they were pretty awesome. Now, I just need the rest of you to vote to decide the winning entry.

Entry one:
It started a bit off slow, and I was about to stop it, because I don't like slowness. But then all of a sudden, I heard another tune, and then another and then I just continued to listen to it because I thought it was going to get better. And it did. It almost sounds like a Techno song, (and that bonus points, I love techno song's.) And using each melody at a different point really really made it a lot better. I really like it!

Entry two:
I never played this game, only parts, so I'm just going to listen to the whole thing. It started off slow, and it still a bit does. But using it as a ochrestra type thing, makes it more enjoyable to listen to. And I like that. I'm still listening to it. I cna tell there is probably 3 different tunes going on, and I can't really tell which one is which. I like it, but I feel like it could go a little better. ;)

My vote goes for entry 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom