• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The master sword sleeps forever.

So I just re-beat A Link to the past again after several years and in the ending it says the master sword sleeps forever. which got me to thinking. is Alttp supposed to be the final game in the series? Because i know the master sword is in many other games to.

God, this drove me so nuts when they announced A Link Between Worlds as an indirect sequel to ALttP. Yeah, Master Sword can't just catch a nice sleep. Stupid people have to go be evil and **** and wake it up.

what do they mean by "indirect sequel" it either is or isn't lol.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Technically because of Skyward Sword, we know that the sword, *ahem* Fi was put to rest while Demise decays from within the sword. Now since Fi hasn't returned since Skyward Sword, this means that the Master Sword has yet to truly be awake in any game that occurs in the timelines after it. So it is safe to say that the master sword has indeed been put to rest for eternity, as it was never awake even during ALttP. At best you can call the times where the Master Sword was used without activating Fi a sort of light sleep like when you are semi-conscious of whats going on around you but you aren't aware enough to wake up. Not even Calamity Ganon could arouse the spirit of the sword, Fi, from her slumber. I'd hate to see the dire straights that could.

Djinn

and Tonic
It was a nice fantasy series/movie/story type of ending that fit well enough with the narrative. And they did not really have another game that took place after it for a long time. Every other game for the longest time was a prequel, then another prequel, etc. The only direct sequel made immediately after it was LA which did not have the master sword.

No one knew that they would make a pseudo-remake of ALTTP 20 years later.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They don't care about continuity or else Ganon wouldn't have been sealed in Lorule. If you remember he was BLOWN UP in ALTTP.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
a link to the past was generally consider one of the later games in the timeline, so having it "sleep forever" worked out fine considering the games placed after it didn't use it
.....then nintendo rehashed the game w/ the pseudo-remake link b/w worlds and basically rendered that quote meaningless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom