• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask The Majora's Mask 10th Anniversary Thread!

U

UberPyro64

For those who do not realize
Majora's Mask turns ten this month and I think we should celebrate it!
boxfront.jpg

For those who don't know
Majora's Mask is my 4th favorite Zelda game.
It is Awesome and deserves
almost as much praise as Ocarina but unfortunately does not get it.

In
this thread you should post all the awesome times you had in Majora's mask in
previous playthroughs and why it is one of the best or if you don't care for it
that much, state reasons why.

Also feel free to ask questions on
particular subjects in the game like how to I get to the great bay temple or why
is there an evil statue version of yourself following you around...oh
wait...

As well try to celebrate by playing through Majora's Mask again
even if you just did!

As you can also see I added a poll to this thread
to see where Majora's Mask stands in your top Zelda games!

Happy
Gaming!!!!
moon_display.jpg

Majora's Cat

How about that
Ahh, I remember when I first started attempting to complete the Anju and Kafei quest. I failed so many times because of inaccuracies in guides and because sometimes I just missed the time slots. And once my game actually froze. Ahh... so many memories. You should've been there to see my face when I finally beat the Anju and Kafei quest. I bounced around the room like a little idiot, going completely insane. Such memories.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I first got a B-day bift using some of his SSI check he even got the Expansion Pak also.
I love because in my it has 2 of the LoZ BGM's and that's Stone Tower and Deku Palace.

I love this game so much. I've only been playing it for two weeks and it has jumped up to the top three in my Zelda Game Rankings. The sidequests are what really makes the game wonderful for me. Unlike other games, the characters actually have character. What I mean is, they have more than one set line of speech that they utter throughout the whole game. In MM, depending on what day, what time, and what mask you are wearing, everyone has something different to say. From this you can create an image of their personality. For example, some people are easily offended if you talk to them while wearing a "normal" mask, and other people are more tolerant. The same thing goes for when you wear the masks of different races; you may find out that this towns-person doesn't like dekus, but loves Gorons.

By completing sidequests, you feel like you actually affected the destiny of that character. Nintendo's "gurus" always say that Link is supposed to be a link from the play to the game. The only time I have really felt this is in Majora's Mask, because of the satisfaction everyone after you aid them in their quest. In Ocarina of Time, even after you save Hyrule, it seems that no one even cares. After this I though, "what if Link didn't go through this trouble? Would anyone have cared?".

The storyline is also superior to many other games. It is very straightforward, but it also has a great sense of mystery about it. "Was it real?" "Is everyone an alternate version of themselves?" "How is Termina a parallel dimension?" All of these questions bring about great discussions among Zelda fanatics.

Many fans that do not delve into the series overlook this game, as it is often overshadowed by its predecessor, Ocarina of Time. This is a great shame, and I was almost guilty of it myself. They hear about the time system and get the idea that you have to complete temples in 5 minutes and don't have anytime to explore, or other absurd ideas. What they need to do is sit down, go through the intro, and then take some time to familiarize themselves with the game and Clock Town. Knowing the restrictions and consequences of resetting time is vital to a good game experience with Majora's Mask.

I think the forum might have something special planned for this month :)

David

But you called me here...
I can't believe that it is already 10 years old!!! I remember my friends all talking about how awesome the game was years ago. I personally didn't get the chance to play the game until this summer, but I love it so much! This game is totally on my top 5 list. The way they handled so many aspects of game was just phenomenal. Not to mention the music! The music is so beautiful (even for MIDI) and it totally fits every aspect of the game. The ocarina songs are so much more useful than in OoT and the items that you get are all pretty awesome. Not to mention the fact that you get more than 4 bottles! I love using bottles for so many different things. My only negative comment about the game is that it is too short. Four temples isn't enough for me. But even then, the amount of sidequests brought game content back for me. All-in-all it is a great, engaging game.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
My goodness I still remember the day I brought this game home for the first time, I read the manual over and over in the car in anticipation of what was to come. If only I had known just how special this game would truly be. I don't think I could have projected that I would be playing this game as regularly as when it was new 10 years down the road. An incredible addition to the series, and a huge asset to the gaming world.

This definitely warrants a play through this weekend when I am off for Canadian Thanksgiving!

So cheers to you Majora's Mask, the game that spawned loads of fan fiction, brought an increasingly darker feel to the Zelda series, invited even more players to experience the magic of Zelda, and reminded the rest of us why we love this series so much :)

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
I guess it's fitting that I beat it just recently. I loved Stone Tower Temple. They really went all out with that one, and I loved how when it was upside down you could "fall" into the sky, and seeing at night was really cool, too. I also remember some of the troubles I went through, like having to redo the Anju and Kafei quest many, many times and almost failing it because I wanted to put rupees into the bank before I played the song of time, which I managed to do successfully with some eight seconds to spare. A very epic moment for me.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Happy 10th Anniversary MM :) I got it on or around the day it came out .. I loved OoT so much and was stoked whenever I found out they were making a sequel.

Gyorg Hater

I speak fluent gibberish
And yet, its still better than any newer game coming out today. :)

I got it for Christmas, and since then I have always aimed for my goal to do a speed run through it on that very date.
To bad I've never accomplished it. :(

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Ah.... MM - The best video game of all time, in my opinion. It's nice to see more people care than me :P

My mom bought MM when it came out. I was like 3 or 4 and me and my brother watched her play it for hours. I remember eating chocolate whoppers while we watched. I played it from then on. As I got older and got a sense of life, I fully started to realize how great of a game it was. Today, it is my favorite Zelda game and my favorite video game. Reasons in short:

1. Time - I love time limits, and real time, and things happening at actual times. MM really mastered this.
2. Characters - You really got to love and care for the characters. I almost cry every time the Dekus dip the monkey's head in the water/oil/whatever it is.
3. Story - Great, dark story. I really got into it and still think it's the second best Zelda story.
4. Sidequests - Who doesn't love a lot of sidequests? MM had A TON and they were all good.
5. Soundtrack - Best Zelda soundtrack ever.
6. The Darkness - I love darkness, but not too dark. Well, yes too dark, but as long as there are some light parts, which there were.
7. Difficulty - It was the hardest 3D Zelda game in both puzzles and life.

HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: MAJORA'S MASK! I hope people continue to appreciate it and always know that BUNNY EARS are the bomb of all bombs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy 10th Aniversary!!! When I first played Majora's mask I got to the first temple and quit because I hated having the time limit so much, but a year later a friend and I were talking about it which gave me the biggest urge to play it. Ever since then it has become one of my top 3 favorite zelda games. I finally got the last of the masks a few months ago and felt so accomplished when I got the fierce deity mask and dominated Majora. Then just for kicks I went back and beat all the other bosses with it. I'm still trying to find one of the original shirts for the game thats in my size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom