• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Maga Man Games-a Question About Them

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hey everyone!!!!!just wondering something, but first, i have to yall you all a short story.
so after watching countless mega man themes with lyrics by brentalfloss, even though she never played the game, she found the themes quite interesting... so romani was wondering, "are these games fun?" she kept wondering and wondering...and finally decided!
she came here to ask you'all!!!
so tell me!!!have any of you here played any of the mega man games???and which one of the 9 games did you find the best?!?!?!
i cant decide on which one i should get...
lolhurp-derplol

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
From what I played, I'd recommend the X series. Actually, they're all good.

If you want to try the original series, though, I'd say 2 or 3. Those two are the bestest of the best to me.

Hope you like them, 'cause Mega Man is an excellent series. Despite me mentioning just some of them, I don't think you can go wrong with any.

my goodness i could go on about this, Megaman is one of my favorite gamefranchises, the music, the gameplay, the level design it just puts a smile on my face everytime i go back to it, but i'll say this the Megaman games are split into 5 series, original, X, Legends, EXE, and Zero, original is just the original 8-bit version you've seen in rentlefloss' videos, the X series is more story based and has a faster pace, the Legends games is mixed feelings wth fans because of it's controlles, however if you learned to adapt to the controles of agame like say Star Fox Assult you shouldn't have a problem because it's the same thing only with auto aim, the EXE series is an RPG and the Zero series is the X series with an RPG element, but if you want to get into the series i would recomend Megaman 2 or 3 on the NES, you can start with Megaman 1 but Megaman 2 and 3 have the full experiences, or you can give Megaman X on the Super Nintendo a try, or even better, if you have a PSP you can get Megaman Powered Up and Megaman Maverick Hunter X which are remakes of the original Megaman and Megaman X

Let me keep this short (because I'll end up going on forever):
It's obvious that you are new to the series, so I'd recommend 2 for the NES and 10 for WiiWare/PSN/XBox Live. They are easy and they'll help you get off to a good start with the series.

hey everyone!!!!!just wondering something, but first, i have to yall you all a short story.
so after watching countless mega man themes with lyrics by brentalfloss, even though she never played the game, she found the themes quite interesting... so romani was wondering, "are these games fun?" she kept wondering and wondering...and finally decided!
she came here to ask you'all!!!
so tell me!!!have any of you here played any of the mega man games???and which one of the 9 games did you find the best?!?!?!
i cant decide on which one i should get...
lolhurp-derplol

Ihave played most of the Mega man games and id say mega man 2 is the easiest to start with.
check this matehttp://youtu.be/b5wevUvaoEg
MMega man 4 is also not to much tougher than the third.
Mega man 1 is is pretty hard but not many stages.

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Well Megaman is my absolute favorite saga :D The music is awesome, the level design is great, the gameplay is an absolute classic, and they have a great challenge. As Zoradeadpool said, it is divided in various sagas, Classic, X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Battle Network (EXE) and Star Force.
If you are new to the series, i'll recommend Megaman 2, because it's the easiest of them all (Megaman 10 also has an easy mode), if you want something hard, i'll say Megaman 3 or 4.
If you want to try the X series, start with X1, the easiest of them all, but awesome game by its own merits, X2 is the second best in my opinion, but really hard.
I won't recommend Zero or ZX sagas as you are a newcomer to the series and these games are really hard , but try them once you are familiar with the gameplay in the X series :D Zero 3 is the easiest
Legends is awesome, though it's a matter of opinion, Legends 1 is good but could have been better (it's like an experiment, its control scheme isn't as good) Legends 2 is an excellent game, and I'll really recommend it (can be very hard too)
Megaman Battle Network and Megaman Star Force are RPG sagas that don't have the classic action megaman formula, but they can be entertaining, tough not the best in my opinion
Hope that helps :D

By the way, the best for me are Megaman 3, 2, X1, X2, Legends 2 and Zero 1 (not in any particular order)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom