• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Lost Dog, Little Richard

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Remember the first time you got stuck in hyrule market at night? amd was like, whats up with all the dogies runnin around? then you find that woman who seems too lose her dog every single night... aka little Richard. so your all like oh yea I'm gunna get something sweet I'll find your dog.
Then you try bringing all these other dogs into her house, haha. until you finally find the right one.
Well i was thinking about all that and before i knew where to get the right dog that little side quest was probably the most enjoyable part of the game for me. just runnin around hyrule market lookin for puppies. hahaha
they shoulda had that same mission in TP because a few of the doors in that town couldn't be opened. but at night they coulda opened one... there were lots of animals in castle town, maybe there could have been a cat and dog mission in TP.
anyway just thought i'd share the fond memory of my search for little Richard, he so doesn't care that he gets lost every night, hes all like nice! I finally got away from that crazy lady hahaha.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I did think for awhile this was pointless and then a hero came the Zelda Dungeon video guide and because of that guide I found little Richard and got the heart piece. Is Little Richard his name or is it just Richard. I have to thank Caleb for the heart piece I got.:D

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Aw, little Richard is so cute<3

I also had problems finding the real one. I was running back and forth to that house...

I always return him to his owner everytime I'm able to do so. I became used to do it. I sometimes look for a doggy of my own and I let him follow me everywhere I go :3.

I love doggies^^!

Zarom

The King
I always tought it was a very fun sidequest to do. :D I discovered that by myself, at first, I tought Mamamu Yan (The woman who wants the dog, don't know if it's really her name), I tought she was useless, because I used to always bring her the wrong puppy. And then, during one of my later playtrough, I tried it out again... and she gave me a piece of heart! I was like: ''What?...'' And then I learned that she wanted a specific dog... >.<

Now I do it to get the Piece of Heart. <3

I thought of the quest as somewhat tedious, as the game barely gives you any indication of which dog it is other than the fact that it's white, at least from what I can remember. And it's difficult to not have other dogs follow you around, and you can only have one at a time. Also, who knew that the people of Hyrule Market owned so many dogs?

Although I did like picking brown dogs and getting them to trail along behind me. If you play the Sun's Song and make it daytime, it'll still tag along! ^^

K

Kat :3

I found Richard by accident, I was walking in the alley way and the dog started to follow me, annoying at first but I walked into the lady's house and returned him, I just run through the game now, I've finished OoT so many times, I only complete the obligatory quests and be on with it.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Yea I had played this game a lot as a kid, but now that I'm older I'm like 'hey, these people and missions actually matter' So I go and try to figure them out. I've played OoT so many times in my life, but again, now that I'm older and starting again, I;ve found so much new stuff.

Helping this lady find her dog was just so fun, and it all makes for a more adventurous feel. Question (that will probably be answered as I play longer) I wonder if that woman still loses her dog when Link becomes an adult.

Zarom

The King
Question (that will probably be answered as I play longer) I wonder if that woman still loses her dog when Link becomes an adult.

No. When you get older, she moves up to Kakariko Village. She is in the house right in front of you when you eneter the town. The market is full of zombies, but some villagers have moved up to Kakariko Village, and she's one of them. Many others have died, tough. :(

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I remember this quest. After three tries I was like "Bump this, go find your own dog." But every once in a while I'd just prance through town at night with a dog and bring it to her. It didn't take me too long. Once I got the dog I was like "Hey! A heart!" I'm actually glad they didn't put it in TP.
Quick little fun trick with no significance whatsoever. If you find the dog, and then play the Sun's Song, there will be two of them. The lady will have him and so will you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom