• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Lord of the Rings

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I think that the Lord of the Rings films are great, I have met the guy that plays Gimli a few times, He has a home on the same Island that I live on, My mum used to visit some friends that knew him well and he used to come round some times, I was to young to remember but my mum said he sang to me as a baby a few times

That's awesome! I'd love to meet any of the actors from LOTR. They all did a fantastic job.

linkman8

True and Noble
I think that the Lord of the Rings films are great, I have met the guy that plays Gimli a few times, He has a home on the same Island that I live on, My mum used to visit some friends that knew him well and he used to come round some times, I was to young to remember but my mum said he sang to me as a baby a few times

Woah, you mean John Rhys-Davies? That's awesome that you've met him; I heard from my dad that, in contrast to his LOTR character, he's actually a really big guy.
I wish I could meet any one of the actors. Especially Sir Ian McKellan (Gandalf), he's always been one of my favorite actors in that movie.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I loved the Lotr movies for trying very hard to be like the original, which they did a good job at.

I hope the Hobbit keeps those songs from the book, it is a children's book after all.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I read the books way before the movies were released and yeash, they were very overrated, but they're still one of the best trilogies ever.My favorite one was The Two Towers and I am completely crazed about Éowyn(she is gorgeous and hawt)

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I read the books way before the movies were released and yeash, they were very overrated, but they're still one of the best trilogies ever.My favorite one was The Two Towers and I am completely crazed about Éowyn(she is gorgeous and hawt)

Eowyn is definitely one of my favorite characters, and yet everyone that I know that didn't read the books, hates her because she "tries to get" Aragorn. She is very fascinating in the books. I like her much more than Arwen.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I haven´t seen any of the supposedly fantastic "Lord of the Rings" movies yet, incredible! But I don´t consider it a mayor problem though, cause I have something great to lookforward to :D

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I am a big fan of the books and the movies. Both were amazing in my opinion. I will always love Lord of the Rings. :)

E

eyensteyn

I had never read the book,but i have seen the movie.It's one of my favorite movies.love it!!!

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I just finished reading the books for the 7th or 8th time. And I had to rewatch the ending Return of the King, since the last 100 pages are my favorite of all.

arkvoodle

Diabolical

I...am so jealous right now.

It would be absolutely awesome to meet any acter out of the movie. But, Alike Linkman8, I would love to meet the actor who played Gandalf. (Ian McKellen).
Gandalf is awesomeness. :D

But, back to the topic at hand...

I recently finished re-reading the LotR Trilogy, yet again. I just adore the books, and the movie adaption was wonderful too.
Being a big book nerd, I keep re-reading the books everytime i'm bored, or if I just need to refresh my memory of the characters and plot.

I loved these films, and i love them even better if you consider how hard to adapt Tolkien's sacred masterpiee must've been.

I can't wait for the hobbit movie.

I absolutely love this series - books and films. They did a fantastic job with them. I really need to re-read the Hobbit before the movie comes out, but I'm hoping it's just as good as LOTR was.

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
A couple weeks ago I rewatched the series, and theyre really great. Im now reading the books :D

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Have any of you guys seen the animated versions of Lord of The Rings? I know both films had their flaws but come on, they had things that I think Jackson lost in his version. The Ralph Bakshi version despite having strange art attempted to be incredibly close to the book, and it actually was. The problem is that the lackluster acting and scrunched up art often made people notice only the horrors of the movie. It was good for what it was and people should know that.

The Return of the King animated, in my opinion was better than the PJ film despite also having strange art. However no one seems to look at the beautiful acting and heavy themes that were in that movie. One thing I hated about the PJ version was that it had gotten rid of the majority of the conflict focusing on the ring in RoTK. Sam and Frodo were heavily downplayed for Aragorn who really shouldn't have gotten that much spotlight. The animated version had expanded the conflict of the ring corrupting Sam which was barely shown in the PJ version.
I also don't know why people hated the songs. If they listened to the lyrics then they'd see that the songs have a lot of depth in them.
It's so sad that some people are blinded by PJ's movies that they can't see the beauty in the animated versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom