• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Longest Time Spent Playing

What was the Longest amount of time you have spent playing a game without interruption (minus food and bathroom breaks)?

The longest I've gone was about 11 hours playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. I (against my better judgement) did not stop for food and bathroom breaks for this entire period of time, so I celebrated finishing the game for the second time by spending a good 5-10 minutes in the bathroom and eating half of the things in my kitchen.

How about you guys? How was your longest gaming experience?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'd say somewhere between 2 and 2.5 hours. I don't generally play for that long on any given session, seeing as my average playtime is about 1 hour per session.

LinkIRL

Hero of Time
I once played 15 hours straight leveling from 78-80 on my Rogue in World of Warcraft back when Wrath of the Lich King was first released. I ate, but I actually had my mom bring me the food every time I was hungry. I didn't use the bathroom either. I am NOT proud of this, haha!

Not Take Mirror

Sage of Ice
On a given day, probably somewhere around 10 hours but that's with breaks to do other things. The longest stretch of playing without a break I guess would be around 5 hours.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't game all that much to be honest. I don't game every day, and when I do, it's usually about 45 mins to 2 hours in one sitting. The longest I've ever played without a break was when I beat TP 100% without any food or bathroom breaks (or sleeping for that matter). It was a total of 25.5 hours at a friend's house (I can beat the game faster now, but that was my first time 100%ing it). I remember dieing once or twice against Zant since we were so tired :)

Other than that, my longest sitting would probably be 9 straight hours of Brawl (5 of which was the Multi-man brawl, endless mode). :cool:

Edit: My 25 1/2 hour TP playthrough was on New Year's, so I took a quick break to watch the ceremonies (no more than 15 mins though)

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
A few weeks ago, on the 29th of November, I played Super Smash Bros. Brawl for 17 1/2 hours. There's a nice little story behind it.

The week was an intense one. After months of only leisurely playing casual stock matches against both friends and CPUs, I vowed to actually complete the game. I had a short break from school running from the 20th of November to the 3rd of December, which provided opportunities for lengthy sessions of gaming. The 23rd to the 30th is where Brawl took over.

There was numerous challenges yet to be completed, each being ones that take time and dedication to a certain aspect or mode. I went through and finished up classic and all-star mode as every character, having already started both to some extent, and begun a quest to beat boss battles with the entire cast. Separate challenges, mind you, involve completing a runthrough at each difficulty level. The 'Easy' and 'Normal' modes are nothing to be sniffed at, 'Hard' is worth paying attention to, 'Very Hard' puts up a fight, but 'Intense' mode, oh boy intense mode. Spent a few hours on it alone. It wasn't so much hard through killing guys as much as it was about endurance. Heart Containers need to be used very wisely. Eventually, my Luigi skills pulled through and the mode was conquered.

The Events, Home-Run Contest and Target Smash-related challenges were all completed already, quite some time ago. The Multi-Man Brawl challenges remained however, which aren't "difficult" per se, just time consuming, namely the "Complete 100-Man Brawl as all characters". It took damn ages.

With every practical challenge complete, very few remained. Collecting all the stickers and trophies would render me complete. I decided to go for the trophies first. After collecting countless trophies from all the other challenges, not many were left. A majority of them were of enemies of the Subspace Emissary, where the only way to obtain them was to use a trophy stand item against them in battle. Through the process of getting a list online and cross-checking those I've already gotten, I realised I had eight enemies left to capture. So off on a hunt I went. This took a considerable amount of time, but journeying through the levels of subspace is always fun.

34ns65y.jpg
The bosses were a bother, though. Most of them weren't too bad, but Meta Ridley, holy mother of god, is it annoying. You have to understand that the higher the difficulty level, the greater chance of a trophy stand appearing. Needing to go through what is the hardest level in the game on the highest difficulty is already a giant pain, but that's not even the worst part. Once you manage to reach the boss, the conditions are ridiculous. First off, there's a two minute time limit. Runs out, gotta start the boss again. You need to start by draining Meta Ridley's life enough. Too little, trophy stand doesn't work and you need to wait for another. Too much, the boss is beat and you gotta do the whole level again. Obviously not desirable, so you need to be careful. After his health is low enough, you still need to be weary. What I mean this is not only do you have to avoid all his attacks (some of which are One-Hit KOs), you need to be sure not to accidentally attack him while doing dodging all his moves. While you'd have to be stupid to press the attack button by accident, items on the other hand are actually a hindrance. Koopa Shells and Smart Bombs, among other things, can be hit or activated by the boss and they'll hurt themselves, enough to self-destruct and make you do the entire level again. -.- Did this happen to me? Yes. Yes it did.

The one key item you'll be hoping for is the trophy stand, obviously. It's the whole reason for attempting the boss. Even on the highest difficulty, it hardly ever appears. I've gone through as many as five attempts without it showing up. You'll be attacking the boss, waiting for the trophy stand to appear, the time limit will then run out, repeat. It's a bloody irritating process. In the slim chance that the trophy stand does appear, it's not as simple to convert to a trophy as the other bosses. They're grounded, so you throw the stand at them, walk over to the trophy and pick it up. Whereas Meta Ridley is airborne, and his default location (see picture) is to not be above the main platform. The trophy falls into nothingness, and the game views you as victorious, despite not obtaining the trophy. Guess what? You gotta do the level again, and not **** up this time! :cry:

*Sigh* Anyway, through much trial, I eventually got it. That meant I had every subspace-related trophy. Truly an achievement.

348lxr7.png
Looking at my collection of trophies, I noticed that I was only two short of completion. The first was the stickers trophy, received for collecting every last sticker. The second was...what? I looked at the challenge grid and the stickers trophy was the only one listed. That means one of the two final trophies was obtained through random means, such as the coin launcher. I looked at a complete list online and saw the missing trophy, the Cheep Cheep. It would take ages to get a random-*** trophy such as it. I'd have to play the coin launcher for hours and hope to get lucky for the mere chance that it appear for capture. Well, that's exactly what I did. Starting at the maximum coin limit of 9999, I was shooting at trophies and ship-like enemies for what seemed like an eternity. It droned over me. The music burned into my skull as I used over 7000 coins to obtain the god-forsaken trophy in question.

With the Cheep Cheep trophy possessed, the only one remaining was the stickers trophy. So, find all the stickers, the game is beat. This, I am still yet to do. Of the 700 stickers in the game, I have 654 at this very moment. I'm just going to have to play lots and be patient to get those final stickers.

So, in the entire week, I played a little under 70 hours of Super Smash Bros. Brawl to get so close to 100% completion. The longest session was 17 1/2 hours, with other daily times being 15 hours, 12 hours, 13 1/2 hours and 7 1/2 hours, plus a few 2 hours doses. Regular casual brawls were still a part of my routine, but to a lesser extent than usual. Super Smash Bros. Brawl remains my favourite game of all time and I'd be willing to do it all again.

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
For 67 hours I was sitting at home and playing Star Wars: The Old Republic when I got my invite for early access a year ago around this time. I naturally had some snacks, toilet breaks and the occasional small nap but when not doing those things I was playing the game and stopped once I reached max level. If you don't count all of this as one huge session then I'd have to say that my longest would be around 20 hours during the Black Ops 2 epidemic, this had no breaks of any kind, I just sat and played a game for 21 hours however stopped because my xbox 360 slim overheated.

:xd:

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
About a 11 hour Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Zombie mode session. I died alot, but I kept playing; I finally quit because my "squad" was yelling at me because I was just standing there from being tired.

Mido

Version 1
My longest runs solo were an 8 hour play of Sonic Adventure and Super Smash Bros Brawl. I also had a 12 hour session with a friend, switching from Wind Waker to Oblivion, adn another friend and I beat the entire game of Custom-Robo (Gamecube) in one night. And there we have it, folks!

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I played skyward sword the first night i bought it and did not stop playing until i finished it. It took me about 44 hours with probably 5 bathroom breaks. I 100% completed the game with no help and I only had to change my batteries once! After all that I slept for like a whole day. :) Fun Times... HEEHEE
Other than that I played Skyrim for a whole week with only sleeping two days of the seven straight with only bathroom breaks.
... :( I have no life

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom