• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Little Thing That Annoyed Me

I hope, because you said this, that you don't know the Iron Shields don't protect against electricity. The Iron Shields won't protect Link from the Beamoses lasers.
Obviously it won't work against electricity. I wasn't entirely aware Beamos lasers counted as that, though I think I did realize they shock Link. Doesn't really make a lot of sense really. Like I said in the IRC a few minutes ago, lasers are beams of light, and the only reason high-intensity lasers can damage anything is because they're extremely hot. I.E., lasers would be a fire attack, not an electric one. But I guess it makes the most sense from a game design standpoint, as you don't want a sudden fire attack in the electric area.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Obviously it won't work against electricity. I wasn't entirely aware Beamos lasers counted as that, though I think I did realize they shock Link. Doesn't really make a lot of sense really. Like I said in the IRC a few minutes ago, lasers are beams of light, and the only reason high-intensity lasers can damage anything is because they're extremely hot. I.E., lasers would be a fire attack, not an electric one. But I guess it makes the most sense from a game design standpoint, as you don't want a sudden fire attack in the electric area.

As Thareous said in the IRC, we should probably call them "electrical beams" rather than lasers.

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
As Thareous said in the IRC, we should probably call them "electrical beams" rather than lasers.
That would make sense to have electrical beams rather than laser, cause it is a past imaginary world if you get my drift.

But nontheless I was afraid to use the Iron Shield because of the risk of getting electrocuted. I didnt want to take a chance

Deeds

no text
I think because Beamos in Skyward Sword are mainly based in the Lanayru, which holds electric monsters, the beam it delivers is not a Beam of Light/Laser, but a Beam of Electricity, that's why it's blue not red (correct me if i'm wrong).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This entire page has pretty much gone off topic, so I'll bring the OP to you.

Well, I got skyward sword about a week ago and man, I find it incredible. The only thing that went wrong with it in my opinion is that you don't get different coloured tunics. Yes, I have found nothing wrong with Skyward Sword so i'm nit picking on the tiniest things. This may just be me but I found that Link looked soo sick at the final temple in Ocarina of Time with that really cool red tunic the mirror shield and the hover boots, but I just haven't found anything like that in Skyward Sword, the shields are all pretty lame (the Goddess Shield is nearly there) and you get stuck with the same Green Tunic. This may just be me having a rant, it's just my opinion. Other than that Skyward Sword is insane with all those neat upgrades. Post whether you agree or disagree with me.

I'm fine with there being no variety of tunics this time around. Excluding MM (where masks were used instead), they been brought in every 3D title since Ocarina of Time...well, essentially so. Wind Waker had the Magic Armor, and while that's not a tunic it's still something Link can wear for a specific purpose. Skyward Sword has only one, but the need for more was replaced with his multicolored earrings. I suppose this partially might be what "annoyed" you, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I see no problem with them because I choose not to notice them and, besides that, they brought one of my favorite experiences back: swimming like a Zora. :)

The fact that he can't change his tunic color is sad, but entirely expected. I do look forward to a yellow color change in the next Smash Bros game though...

Maffiline

nirorlei
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT.
It would have been lame though if the gifts you got for each Silent Realm (excluding the Goddess') were tunics.

Farore's Trial (Forest) you get the Water Dragon Scale, which lets you swim under water.
Nayru's Trial (Desert) you get the Clawshots. Eh. There's no tunic for this. xD
Din's Trial (Volcano) you get the Fireshield Earrings, which let you go into really hot places.

Honestly if they gave you a new tunic, you'd have to keep switching them...wouldn't you? I haven't completed OoT before.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I have 2 little nit-picks with Skyward Sword. Skyward Sword was a great game! But the only thing that kinda annoyed me was the whole thing when you turn off the game and you get a treasure you have to go through the whole deal where it describes it but you know, It's really nothing it never really bothered me until i actually put my mind to it. 2.) Was the whole centering deal, I love how they made the center option available in plain sight but it still kinda buged me. But hey, these are little nit-picks, they won't ever change my opinion about Skyward Sword so they aren't but deals at all.

M

mrbopper96

i love tunics and feel that it gives some type of customization to the game

D

DeusEx404

I've never had a problem with not having the ability to change Link's appearance, but one thing I really want back is the Mirror Shield. I don't remember seeing one in a Zelda game since Minish Cap...well, Wind Waker in terms of main console Zelda games. It may sound like I'm being really picky, but I am kinda tired of the Hylian Shield being the best shield you can get. I have nothing wrong with it, but getting a mirror shield would be a little nice. I'm not saying it's a problem that needs to be addressed with the game. Don't get me wrong, Skyward Sword was definitely worth the 5 year wait, but they could've done a LITTLE bit more.

I was totally expecting for SS to have multiple tunics because it promised us that "adventure" feeling...but we didn't get that.

this. when it came time to meet the water dragon lady, i so thought id be getting the water tunic.
but i get kinda why they didn't throw in different tunics, it being the first game in the timeline, there really wouldn't be different tunics. there would be no one to wear them. at least on the surface world

I loved the colored tunics in Oot for sure, but I think its good that they try to mix it up and make every game different. If every Zelda game had colored tunics, then it would remove the specialty of OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom