• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Little Man with the Triforce at the End of AoL

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Uh I saw a video today on youtube beating Dark Link at the end of Adventure of Link. The man who held it looked like a minish from the Minish Cap. The "old" man was small, had a white beard like Ezlo's, had a cane like Ezlo's, and wore red clothing.

Post what you think about this. Could it be a minish/picori?

Last edited by a moderator:

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
Video didn't work for me...
Also, while I realize it's not comparable due to the different graphics, he's more like a dwarf than a Minish, as they're far too small. Plus, Minish can only be seen by children, and AoL Link is said to have "come of age", meaning he's not a child anymore. Also, the man doesn't look as mouselike as the Minish do.

It's a cool theory, and one that I've considered before, but there just seems to be too much negative outweighing the positive.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
He is an elder and I believe there are a few theories surrounding him. These are some of mine

*He is the old man from the original LOZ who has come to give Link the Triforce, but is surpressed by Shadow Link.

* He is the guardian of the Triforce of Courage and is testing Link by having him battle his own shadow.

I believe the most likely one is the second theory.

Another thing is that I wouldn't count him as a Picori since the Picori weren't invented until 2006.

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
An issue with the first theory is that the Great Temple was sealed off long ago, and Link was the one to break the seal. He must have been in the Great Temple for quite some time, essentially eliminating the possibility that he's a character from LoZ.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
An issue with the first theory is that the Great Temple was sealed off long ago, and Link was the one to break the seal. He must have been in the Great Temple for quite some time, essentially eliminating the possibility that he's a character from LoZ.

Second Theory it is then. I mean, it makes the most sense of them all.

D

DekuLink

I think that it's more of a sage presenting the Triforce to Link as his "prize" for defeating Ganon's minions. Nothing more.

The video didn’t work, but if I remember correctly from the game, it could have been a sage as Deku Link said. Yeah, maybe it’s Raruu? There is a town in the game named after him, so Nintendo must’ve already decided who he was even before Ocarina of Time. Raruu does fit the description, though 8-bit.

Edit:
The chances of that are unlikely as OOT was many years ahead of Aol. Besides the sages in OOT were named after their respective towns (except for Impa.) Unless there is information from the past games that links directly to the new ones then it cannot be deciphered whether or not he is Rauru. The best evidence in this case is logic. We must think that we are in the 80s.
Well, I guess you have a point... Maybe it's the King of Hyrule at that time, then?

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The video didn’t work, but if I remember correctly from the game, it could have been a sage as Deku Link said. Yeah, maybe it’s Raruu? There is a town in the game named after him, so Nintendo must’ve already decided who he was even before Ocarina of Time. Raruu does fit the description, though 8-bit.

The chances of that are unlikely as OOT was many years ahead of Aol. Besides the sages in OOT were named after their respective towns (except for Impa.) Unless there is information from the past games that links directly to the new ones then it cannot be deciphered whether or not he is Rauru. The best evidence in this case is logic. We must think that we are in the 80s.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Second Theory it is then. I mean, it makes the most sense of them all.
I like it, but I always thought of Dark Link as a minion of Ganon, hiding in the shadows until the last moment when he can spring out, kill Link and get the Triforce.

And the guardian of the great palace is obviously the Thunderbird.

I think he's just some guy who's supposed to congratulate you upon getting the Triforce or something. :P

Edit: Yeah upon watching the ending it doesn't look like the man is summoning Dark Link but really saying something like "LOOK OUT".

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
The chances of that are unlikely as OOT was many years ahead of Aol. Besides the sages in OOT were named after their respective towns (except for Impa.)

...What? Towns are named after famous people, not the other way around. Anyway one of the first inklings of a timeline from Miyamoto place OoT as the first one, as the Triforce is still in it's resting place in the Sacred Realm, being followed by ALttP as the box refers to that game's protagonist as the ancestor of the LoZ-AoL Link.

Anyway, yes it could be Elzo if the Picori don't age like the Kokiri. Otherwise I'd go with Rauru since he seems to be a spirit/technically immortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom