• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Link Defeated Timeline, How the Games Connect? (not About the Origin)

Hi everyone!

I left this forum about 6 months ago so I would not get spoiled about SS, I forgot my password and ZD doesn't seem to be sending a mail soon, so I created this new account. When I came back and saw what I missed, the new official time line was the biggest surprise.

In general, it makes sense to me, before this, my time line was somewhat similar, but I would put the games in the line where ganon succeeds after the ones in the child timeline. Other than that, I would have placed Links Awakening after LTTP, but it seems like the Oracle games are supposed to between those, so I wanted some help to understand this.

The link in OoX is the same as any of those games?, I mean LTTP and/or LA? because to me, it may or may not be possible, so I wanted to know what do you think?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Yes, they are the same Link. It isn't consistent with official artwork or with Zelda's words in the linked ending, but it's the same guy. Link defeats Ganon, gets transported to Holodrum and Labrynna later, saves them, and then sails away to train.

AlttP, the Oracle games and LA share the same Link (or are heavily implied to do so). There is actually a pretty good flow between the games.

(By the way, in case the (in)famous Zelda introduction line comes up: Din introduces herself too to Link in the linked OoA. Should Zelda's line mean that AlttP Link =/= OoX Link, then OoA and OoS should not share the same Link, which we know that they do.)

AlttP: Ganon is dead and the Triforce is complete and in the hands of Link.
OoX: Ganon is dead and the Triforce is complete and in Hyrule Castle. Link goes to Holodrum/Labrynna. At the end Link sails away in a boat.
LA: Ganon is dead and Link is on his way back to Hyrule. Link starts the game on a boat.

/Blue Window

AlttP: Ganon is dead and the Triforce is complete and in the hands of Link.
OoX: Ganon is dead and the Triforce is complete and in Hyrule Castle. Link goes to Holodrum/Labrynna. At the end Link sails away in a boat.
LA: Ganon is dead and Link is on his way back to Hyrule. Link starts the game on a boat.

If this is the case, I'd like to tweak your explanations just a bit in order to preserve the original backstories. I think at the end of OoX, Link and all his friends are already in Hyrule. On his boat, he will sail to a different place where he will train himself. After he is done training, he is sailing back to Hyrule, and then he gets shipwrecked.

Though you fufilled the Hyrulian prophecy of the Legendary Hero and destroyed the evil tyrant Ganon, the land of Hyrule enjoyed only a precarious peace. "Who knows what threats may arise from Ganon's ashes?" the restless people murmured as they knitted their brows and shook their heads. Ever vigilant, you decided to journey away from Hyrule on a quest for enlightenment, in search of wisdom that would make you better able to withstand the next threat to your homeland. Months of difficult travel passed. After a long and fruitful voyage, you breathed deeply the sea spray from the deck of the ship that carried you home to Hyrule. But your homecoming was not to be. . . .

Last edited:
I found something on GlitterBerri Translation on Hyrule Historia that might be interesting:
http://www.glitterberri.com/hyrule-historia/page-106/

•The Great Demon King, Ganon

The Great Demon King was sealed countless times by heroes in the past. He is thought to have been resurrected after many years. Leading the Demon Army, he invaded the small kingdom of Hyrule, seeking the Triforce. No longer bearing any trace of the man known as the great thief, Ganondorf, he opposed Link in the form of a demonic beast, devoid of any particular intelligence.

So apparently Ganon of LoZ has no intelligence at all. Perhaps Link did not kill the mindless Ganon, but just merely defeats him. Or maybe Ganon's minions resurrect him with a sacrifice but like Twinrova, they only brought in a Ganon with little intelligence. This could explain why Ganon appeared in LoZ with no hint of resurrection after ALttP and OoX. It could explain why he was not really bright in LoZ as he just sits in his lair waiting for Link and gets killed by one silver arrow and a magical sword.

Last edited:
I am still not sure if the "Master sword" in OoX is really THE Master Sword, I think what happens around it is just too weak for it begin the real master sword., plus if we were to take literally the end of ALTTP, it could not be the Master Sword
The ritual to resurrect Ganon was not completed as it was supposed to be, so they brought back a mindless ganon, it just vanishes at the end, this may be because it was weak enough to be killed with any sword or the fact that it wasn't the master sword wasnt enough to kill Ganon
What Shadao say about the LoZ(NES) Ganon seems like a good theory to me

To ZestanorLink

The linked ending of OoX seems to suggest that Link is leaving Hyrule. It is of course possible that he goes on after OoX and then returns to Hyrule. The Historia might just not have included that:

Having borrowed the power of Din, the Oracle of Seasons, and Nayru, the Oracle of Ages, Link marched into the altar of the ceremony. Even though Link cornered and defeated Twinrova, they sacrificed themselves to revive Ganon. However, since the ceremony was incomplete, a Ganon without intellect appeared. Link defeated the rampaging Ganon and saved Princess Zelda and returned peace to Holodrum and Labrynna.

Link departed from the people he met during his trials and left by boat to his next land for training.

(Translated by ShiKage and SnowBrigadier, posted on glitterberri.com)

/Blue Window

The linked ending of OoX seems to suggest that Link is leaving Hyrule. It is of course possible that he goes on after OoX and then returns to Hyrule. The Historia might just not have included that:

It's the first option. The credits sequence in the linked ending shows Zelda on the balcony of what could only be Hyrule Castle. It cuts to a forest with Hyrule Castle in the background, then pans up to the sky where a complete Triforce is shown. Then it pans back down to Link waving goodbye to many people. It very highly suggests that the setting is now Hyrule. Then he is last seen sailing away.
This ending scene and the events surrounding it are mentioned next in the beginning of the LA Manual.

Though you fufilled the Hyrulian prophecy of the Legendary Hero and destroyed the evil tyrant Ganon, the land of Hyrule enjoyed only a precarious peace. "Who knows what threats may arise from Ganon's ashes?" the restless people murmured as they knitted their brows and shook their heads. Ever vigilant, you decided to journey away from Hyrule on a quest for enlightenment, in search of wisdom that would make you better able to withstand the next threat to your homeland.
So after OoX, Link arrives at an unknown destination for training.

Months of difficult travel passed. After a long and fruitful voyage, you breathed deeply the sea spray from the deck of the ship that carried you home to Hyrule.
Now Link is done training, and is returning to home Hyrule.
But your homecoming was not to be. Suddenly a squall struck your ship, and though you valiantly fought the waves, a lightning bolt reduced your ship to splinters. Your world faded to black as you sink into the darkness of the storm-tossed sea with the remains of your craft.
So he shipwrecks, then the next game, LA.

In a nutshell, following this game order, the most obvious course for Link should be:
ALttP/OoX/[Training]/LA

. . . And I'm surprised to see that the HH timeline agrees with this too!

I am still not sure if the "Master sword" in OoX is really THE Master Sword
It definitely isn't. How would it go from the pedestal in ALttP to a basement where an old man lives, still within the childhood of Link? That reminds me, there were four places where you could get the sword. (It was always the second of two upgrades available in either order, in both games)

So apparently Ganon of LoZ has no intelligence at all. Perhaps Link did not kill the mindless Ganon, but just merely defeats him. Or maybe Ganon's minions resurrect him with a sacrifice but like Twinrova, they only brought in a Ganon with little intelligence. This could explain why Ganon appeared in LoZ with no hint of resurrection after ALttP and OoX. It could explain why he was not really bright in LoZ as he just sits in his lair waiting for Link and gets killed by one silver arrow and a magical sword.
Interesting thought... But I really think he died there. I think when the source you quoted labels him, "devoid of any particular intelligence," it is just trying to justify the fact that his plans in LoZ aren't very convoluted like other games. It's comparing him to previous games where he was an evil mastermind; where he did have quite a bit of particular intelligence. He's not mindless in LoZ, he just doesn't have any diabolical plans this time around.
But from this we can infer that Ganon was still capable of human thought:
One day, the Great Demon King Ganon, who planned to rule the world with darkness and fear, led an evil army corps and invaded the kingdom and snatched the Triforce of Power.

(By the way, in case the (in)famous Zelda introduction line comes up: Din introduces herself too to Link in the linked OoA. Should Zelda's line mean that AlttP Link =/= OoX Link, then OoA and OoS should not share the same Link, which we know that they do.)
/Blue Window

Zelda isn't the only problem. The much bigger problem in my opinion is Impa. If this Zelda is the same as in ALttP, Impa should be the nurse of her in ALttP. She should know Link because he already saved the girl she's responsible for. But she doesn't. The only reason for her to accept Links help is the Triforce mark on his hand. And if we belive in the official timeline, OoT-Impa was one of the sages that sealed Ganon in the seal war. Because all Impas are related, this OoX-Impa should be one of the maiden from ALttP.(Or the mother of one). If ALttP and OoX have the same Link and Zelda, Impa MUST now Link. But she doesn't...

You can make the same argument for Din, Zelda, and Nayru. They introduced themselves to Link in the linked ending just let new players know who they are. As for Impa, she never met Link in ALttP and thus it makes sense that she doesn't know him. Impa is a middle-age maid in OoX and thus wasn't one of the 7 young maiden from ALttP. Since they haven't met each other in ALttP, Impa doesn't know what Link looks like till she met him in OoX. Link shows the mark of the Triforce to prove to her that he is the Hero of Hyrule.

You can make the same argument for Din, Zelda, and Nayru. They introduced themselves to Link in the linked ending just let new players know who they are. As for Impa, she never met Link in ALttP and thus it makes sense that she doesn't know him. Impa is a middle-age maid in OoX and thus wasn't one of the 7 young maiden from ALttP. Since they haven't met each other in ALttP, Impa doesn't know what Link looks like till she met him in OoX. Link shows the mark of the Triforce to prove to her that he is the Hero of Hyrule.
And even after showing her the Triforce and tells her his name she doesn't know he's the hero from ALttP. If Link is the guy woh saved her daughter and the girl she's responsible for she should know his name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom