• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda- The Iron War (Game Thread)

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Okay, so we're ready to finally start playing the game, but before all that fun stuff, we have some things to take care of. First the rules

Second here's a map along with a small set of rules regarding cities and some other stuff.

Now that that's all out of the way, it's time to start.

Many years ago... darkness attacked the continent of Hyrule, flooding it into eternal twilight... but one hero was able to rise above them all... He slew the beast that brought the onslaught, setting the people free... but after the war, he disappeared, and never returned again... now... darkness is returning... people all across the land started disappearing, never to return... plants and animals were being destroyed... nature was slowly being killed from the inside out... our beloved princess called upon the powers of the triforce to help stop the madness... but when she touched it... it divided... our only hope is that the goddesses have found heroes worthy enough to wield their powers... because if not... all hope is lost.

My day was going fairly well. I had successfully robbed a few stores in Castle Town, hid out for a couple hours in the secret room under Telma's place, and was now on my way back to Crescel to visit all my old friends for a few days while the authorities died down. But all that died when I heard footsteps. I murmured a small incantation to make myself invisible; not foolproof, but good enough for me. Advancing more slowly now, I heard snorts and shouts. My head told me to turn back, but my instinct told me to push on and see what was there. I peeked through the trees at a clearing, holding a strangely metallic wild boar, and a pale, ghostlike figure atop it. Who looked right at me. I turned and ran, abandoning my invisibility, racing for Hyrule Field as fast as I could, the pursuers right behind me.

Last edited:

Cabbage

Supreme Vegetable Ruler
Location-Faron Woods
I woke up to a loud rustling sound. Jeez, I thought, I can't even sleep without being woken up by one of those stupid chipmunks. Or squirrels. I don't even know what they are. But then, I heard another noise; even louder than before. Hm. I guess it's not a chipmunk. I thought, blinking open my eyes. It was about midday, and the sun warmed my fur through the branches of my pine tree. I yawned, my fangs glistening in the light. Better go check out what it is, I thought, as the sound got louder. I jumped off my branch and climbed down, turning into my human form on the way. Didn't want someone to see me, if it was a human. I leapt to the ground and crawled out from under my pine tree, and was blown away by a blur of silver. I looked where it was going, and saw it was chasing someone. What the crap is that? I thought. And why is it chasing that guy? It seemed to be following the dude to Hyrule Field. That must be what's killing all the people and animals around here! I thought. It's the same smell. I can't just let that kid get killed... I made a split-second decision- probably a stupid one- I ran after it.
(I'll be off for a little)

Last edited:

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora

Oh crap. One moment of curiosity, and now I'm being chased by a freak of nature that's killing nature itself! My calm, collected mind wasn't working as well as I hoped it would. Turning around for just a split second, the steam from the boar's nostrils nearly burnt my hair off. Time to formulate a plan. Think, Preyl, think! I veered my course towards the river, hoping that I could jump in and maybe avoid the thing chasing me. Then I could make my way to the sewer entrance and get to the hideout in Hyrule Castle. There, I could cool down for a while, then climb the battlements to the roof and launch off as a roc. Safe back at home in Crescel, I could turn back into a human and avoid ever meeting these things again.

Last edited:

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
Star and I were enjoying a walk when we saw something whiz by. Trying to figure out what it was, we almost got trampled by a metallic boar. We lept out of the way and took off after it, knowing something was wrong. "What is a boar doing around here?" I muttered to Star. Drawing my bow and knocking an arrow, I chased after it, trying to get a clear shot.

Caeda

Keyblade Master

I was walking around Hyrule Field, trying to decide where to camp out for the night when I heard what sounded like a boar screeching in the distance. I thought about leaving it alone, but who knows what it was doing? And what if it was that thing that was killing off everything? I had to at least figure that one out. I turned ito a hawk and flew towards the sound. You have got to be kidding, I thought when I got near. as I had thought, it was a boar, and it was chasing a guy. Not one to let someone get hurt right before my eyes, I dove toward the boar.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo

I've always wondered what's beyond the frozen Snowpeak. I've only been to one other area, Zora's domain. I only go there when it becomes Winter. At that time, food becomes scarce in Snowpeak, causing me to go the for there fish. On my first visit, the Zoras were fascinated from my appearance. They always ask so many questions such as, 'What's your name?' or 'Did you really just come from Snowpeak?!' Eventually, one is always asked, 'Where is you family?' The first time I heard this made me more puzzled than I ever have been before. I had never heard of 'families' or friends' before. They follow by saying, 'What other Hylians have you lived with?' I couldn't answer that, as I didn't know what a 'Hylian' was, either. Not knowing this, the Zora's wondered how I can read and write. Of course, I did not know. The more I learned about the world from them, the more curious I was on other topics. As I grew other, I became devious, and now I can trick the Zoras into telling me whatever I want, even the secrets that they could trust no one with, which is extremely helpful if they decide to become stingy ang decide not to be helpful. Now that I think about it, due to lack of food ,I haven't eaten in two days, but it's Winter isn't even here yet. After I rest, I shall trek to the Zora's Domain. Surely, they must be able to spare me a few fish. Now to sleep, under to pure black sky. It's one of the things that I've always found beautiful and will do anything to keep it that way.

Cabbage

Supreme Vegetable Ruler
Location-Hyrule Field
I chased after the... I don't even know what to call it... drawing my bow and arrows. Maybe if I could get its attention,...
Out of nowhere, a hawk swooped down. Jeez, is it a party? As I continued running. I also saw a young woman with a black wolf running with her bow and arrows. Is this just a coincidence? I thought. I notched an arrow and shot, the weapon deflecting off with a mettalic klink. It rather didn't notice, or it was ignoring me. Well... What now? I thought. I turned into my leopard form,ignoring the fact that I was near people, and started to run faster, trying to get close enough to atleast distract it. Might've been a stupid thing to do, but...
I leaped on it, trying to find a place to hook my claws. The strange rider on it turned around, and knocked me off with one blow. Crud... I thought. What to do now? This thing, is like, invincible!

Jedizora

:right:
*is in barn owl form*
Finally! Free to fly. There were to many people to transform. Whats that dwon there? Something is chasing that guy. I better go help. *dives down*

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo

I tried to sleep, but I just couldn't. I feel like something in this world has gone amiss. I must go to Zora's Domain, immediately. Though it's best that I should sleep and fill my hollow stomach, I have adapted to Snowpeak. As long as I have water, which is provided when I eat the snow around my feet, I can go up to 4 days without food. After that, that fatigue kicks in and I have to eat something that day, unless I wish to faint and freeze to death. With that, I leave my home and hope that I will see it again and enjoy it's freezing comfort, once more.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora

The thing was still chasing me. It seemed oblivious to all the attention surrounding it, arrows grazed off the hard metal skin, claws and swords could not sink in deep enough. The only way to defeat this thing would be to have a deep understanding of what makes it work. I turned my head to the side a bit, seeing an injured leopard slide to the ground off of the boar. Still headed for the river, I made a split second decision. Diving under the bridge so I would hopefully be hidden from sight, I quickly invocated the invisibility spell. Focus... focus... you've got to get this down right, so that thing can't see you anymore...

Last edited:

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Finally. Now we don't have to be poor and weak anymore. I sigh with relief. I put the last of the Rupees in my extremly heavy bag. I remind myself that this is for my family and head towards the edge leading towards Lake Hylia. I had put in the screw and began tying the rope around it when something breathed on my arm. I turn slowly to see a extremly red boar. If looks could kill, I would've been shot and torn apart. I walked away from the ledge, so the boar's back is facing the edge. I pull out my longsword and try to intimidate it with a few slashes inches in front of its face. The boar charged me then, seeming really angered by my action. I dodge the boar at first, but the boar comes around and hits me off of the edge. I go unconcious for a minute untill I hit the water. I wake up, put my sword in its scabbard, and use my last bit of energy to get my body onto the shore, and see a blury figure approach me just before I black out...

Cabbage

Supreme Vegetable Ruler
Location hyrule field.
I stood up, thinking of what to do. My arm hurt a little from the fall, but other then that, I was fine.
The dude seemed to be heading towards the river. There was a tree by the river... Maybe...
I ran up to the tree and grabbed onto the bark with my claws, climbing about halfway. If I got a clear shot, I could knock that person off of the boar... And then what? Oh well. I thought. It's better than just sitting here and doing nothing.
I crouched on the branch, ready to pounce when the beast ran under the tree. I was about to leap when the guy, running under the bridge, suddendly dissapeared. I still should've been able to see him... Okay, this is rather a really weird dream, or I'm hallucinating.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
After trying a few shots, I relized the boar was impervious to my arrows.I drew my sword and kept running, trying to get close to a joint so I could take it out. A leopard tried jumping at the rider but was knocked down. I saw it climb a tree, and wondered if it was going to try the traditional leapord ambush. I looked ahead and saw the figure the boar was chasing had disappeared. Obviously the boar still saw him, or it would have stopped. I turned to Star and asked him if he still smelled the figure. He lifted his head to the breeze I blew towrads him, then pointed his nose to the bridge. By this time, I was level with the boar joint. I ducked under the boar, still running to keep from being tramples, though now in a crouch. I waited 'till we passed the tree the leapord sat in, then slashed at the inside of the joint.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
(Yeah, you can interact with whoever you want, as long as you're not godmodding another character)

I knew I was now invisible to human eyes, but I wasn't sure about the metal beast, or about the rider atop it. I slowly inched around so that it was facing towards me, hoping that, amidst all this battle, it wouldn't start charging. But it didn't, it never even looked my way, and neither did the ghostly rider. Yes! Thank the goddesses! Now it was time to find the weak spot of this thing, and quickly, because my spell was about to start wearing off. No breaks in the armor, no weak underbelly. It seemed that the entire thing was covered in metal, as if the thing was made of it. But then I noticed the eyes, being made of blood red glass, one could almost see through them into the inner body. Hoping I was right, I dove under the bridge a second time, this time re-appearing on the way. It was time to practice my archery skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom