• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Legend of Zelda: Spirited Hero (A Tag-along Adventure)

The Legend of Zelda: Spirited Hero

Prologue:

It finally came! The package I’ve been waiting for a week to arrive finally has! I ran into my house, slamming the door and running into my room. I plopped down on the bed, and stared at the box. It was small, and brown. I peeled the tape off and opened it slowly. Inside was a letter, on top of another smaller box. I opened the letter, and it read:

Dear Nick Haines,
Congratulations! You are the winner of Nintendo’s Annual fan-fiction contest. Enclosed is a special one-of-a-kind copy of our newest best-seller release, The Legend of Zelda: Spirited Hero! We hope you enjoy this as a token of our appreciation for entering the fan-fiction contest.
Sincerely,
Reggie Fils-Aime and Nintendo of America
I folder the letter and smiled. I had Reggie’s autograph! I set the paper aside and looked at the smaller box. It was glossy, almost like glass, and golden, with a forest green Hylian Royal Crest in the center. Under the crest in a darker green was the games title. I opened the box, and there was the games case…
Chapter 1 - Awakening

I felt extremely tired all of a sudden, and collapsed onto my bed. I felt like I was sleeping, although lucid. I could hear my heartbeat. The sound of my blood pulsing through my vital organs all became clear, until I could hear even the tiniest blood vessels pumping with blood. I could hear it splashing, trickling, almost like a spring… wait, that was it! It was a spring!
I woke up to the sound of running water, in a forest. I sat up, confused, worried, and not knowing what happened. The last thing I remembered was checking the mail.. the mail… oh! That was it! I passed out on my bed opening my game! But... where am I now?
I got up, and looked around. The forest smelled like rotting wood and mud, combined with the smell of the fresh water spring… I love that smell. I started downstream, following it as it curved, dipped, and plunged throughout the forest. Then, out of nowhere, I saw a larger spring. In it was a guy, not much older than I, standing, looking upwards into the trees. I stepped into the spring, water filling my shoes, and wondered what this man was looking at. I looked up, and saw it. It was a light. A bright, shining orb lay in the sky, talking to him. Before they noticed me, I decided to listen. The orb said… “Link, do not feel threatened by this quest. You will not be the only one to have these responsibilities.”
So, I thought, “Oh, That’s Link. Wait, LINK?! What’s going on, that’s not… it cant be…”
The Orb continued, “You will be accompanied by a stranger. I’m not sure when he’ll get here, but he will be, soon.”
I stepped in, and said, “Umm, I’m sorry to interrupt… Where am I?”
All of a sudden, the orb started to glow with an intense brightness, forcing me to shield my eyes. When the light dimmed, the orb spoke to me, saying “You. You are Nick.” Confused, I nodded. He went on, “You are the one to accompany Link. He needs your support, in these dark days…”
“WHOA!” I interrupted, “What exactly do you expect me to do? I mean, I cant do anything…”
“Nick, I expect you to watch his back at all times, and do anything to help keep Ganon from fully conquering Hyrule.”
“Okay, Orb guy, but what do I get out of it?”
“How about the ability to go back home?”
“You mean I… I’m stuck here?”
“Yes. Link you should take this young man back to the village. Introduce him to the others.”
Link looks at him, and responds. “I will.” He turns to me and says, “Come on Nick, lets go.”
The orb speaks up one last time, and says “Oh wait, Link, before you go, take this:” Lowered from the orb, a forest green tunic was lowered, and Link began to frown, “Where is Nick’s?” The Orb chuckled, “There’s only one tunic, these are the clothes of the Hero of Time.”
Now link was very upset, “Whaddya mean I gotta wear a skirt? And he gets PANTS? This isn’t going to work…”
“Well, its going to have to…”, the Orb said, still giggling at Link’s childish comment.

Last edited:

Majora's Cat

How about that
Your fan fic is excellent, Nick, and I don't have much to complain about. The chapter is rather short, granted, but it's nice and detailed. Only thing really is this: try to separate your paragraphs and dialogue. The whole chapter is clumped together and rather hard to read. ;)

Yea, i was thinking about that. Im not planning on editing this until its all finished, but ill make sure i fix that in upcoming chapters. Then again, it might be good that this is run together. Im kind of confused, wondering why im stuck in that world.

Anyways, ill be updating soon, so check back sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom