• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Choosing Sword Hand

Z

zeldamaniac

They realy should say that you r able to choose your sword hand because nobody that's left handed wants a right handed Link. Right?:lol::cool:

whoa, lower the font, ha just kidding its easier to read this way. Anyway there is no left hand option because that would push the release date back a bit farther. Nintendo is probably working on that but in secrecy but i highly doubt that. Since most people are right handed and a lot of left handed people are ambidextrous, i see it as a good thing. It also improves brain function to work with the less dominant part of your body.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i'm left handed, and i really don't mind that Link's right-handed. it's just Nintendo's way of keeping Link the "Link" between the game and the person playing, most people being right-handed and all. it does bug me that in EVERY Zelda game (except the Wii version of Twilight Princess) Link is a lefty. eh, live and let live.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm completely indifferent to it. Probably because I'm right-handed.
I have a friend who's left-handed and she still holds the wii remote with her left hand. So, I guess it doesn't really matter. But then again, she's just one person.

And there is already a thread on this.

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Well I heard that Nintendo was making to where you choose which hand to play with before you start your game. But yes, even though I'm right handed I know how annoying it can be when you have your other hand, that your not used to playing with, your main weapon hand.

Sgt. Backwash

JEALOUSY
This may sound thick since it's coming from a righty, but I figured most lefties who have a history of playing videogames would want the Wiimote to be in their right hands so that the analog stick could be in their left. After all, that's how all other controllers worked.

Yeah, it might sound awkward having to make motions with the hand you're least dexterous with, but they aren't complicated motions; it's not like you're signing your name with a pen or anything.

I am right handed, but it would be great if we can choose, it can even give us a "hard mode" if you understand what I mean xD

I really really reeeeally want an option to change hands. I'm right handed, but I think that the lack of left hand mode would turn lefties off, and no true fan wants to scare of other potential fans. Also, Link is left handed, and I want to keep it that way. Even if it means flipping the world to match. after all, in TP, the gamecube version had left hand Link, so we can assume the Wii version is non-canon. Unfortunently, if SS is only right handed, there's no way to get around a canonical right had link, and link's favored hand is practically the best part of zelda!!!!!! (just kidding ;))

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
yes. it doesnt matter to me since im right-handed, but prehaps it wouldnt be fair on lefties

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
It Does not mader to me But i am right handed and maybe to some people they might like the idea but for me i just dont care.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
It's already been confirmed that you will not be able to choose between right and left handed play modes. Sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom