• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda............Skybattle?

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Almost posted this in entertainment (second time I've said that recently ^^) but figured it should go here since it's Zelda-related.

I came across a rather interesting fanmade Zelda video on YouTube by user DarkML. It isn't new, but I don't know if a lot of people around here have seen it.

I think it's worth a watch, though don't be surprised to raise a few eyebrows. It definitely "feels" not so much like Zelda....it reminds me of gundams and anime actually. It's interesting seeing what Zelda might look like if it were placed in that kind of context.

Anyways, I wanted to share it with you all. Have a go at it below:

[video=youtube;5Js3Vvk8NbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Js3Vvk8NbQ[/video]

What do you think? Did you like it? Or does it not suit your tastes?

Here's my opinion:
In terms of the video, I think it's fairly well made, especially considering it's fanmade. Sword combat could use some work, but the camera angles are very effective, and think the creator did a good job syncing movements to the rhythm of the music.

In terms of the context, I don't think I'd actually like a scene like this to appear in any game canon to the series. I think it deviates Zelda too far from what makes Zelda, Zelda, and rather turns it into a completely different series. Having said that, I personally greatly enjoyed watching this video. :)
Well that and...I like the music. The song is Web of Night by T.M. Revolution.
Oh right, I also think Link's outfit in this one is seriously cool. Pretty sure it's just the magic armor without the hat, despite it seeming more altered than that. To be sure, I do think the magic armor looks pretty neat normally in Twilight Princess, but I can't help loving how it looks here!

I just wanted to make mention, if you liked this video, DarkML has also made some other fanmade Zelda videos you might be interested in. Link and villains BREAKDANCING is a particularly interesting one to see :P (I seriously love that one) Oh, and here's one ZeLinkers will probably like.

That's all. Share your thoughts below!

I too think it is well animated, and I share your sentiments about the content; it deviates too much away from what makes Zelda...Zelda. The clothing and gear and stuff they have on is sweet in its own right I guess. On the music in the video: While I like Takanori Nishikawa and Japanese music in general (alot actually), I found the first song to be a bit annoying, but oddly a nice fit. All and all: Great animation!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Well, I saw it pop up on the Shoutbox, and it didn't take but two seconds to realize exactly what this video is.

It popped up on the Shoutbox? That box is the Unicorn Phantom Box to me. :P It has yet to grace me with its presence.

On-topic: I saw this video last year but I wasn't sure if many people on ZD had seen it, so I thought I'd post it up to generate some discussion.

::EDIT:: Have you seen the Breakdancing video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom