• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda is Yours, Do What You Want with It..

Sit down and make yourself comfortable. Nintendo just handed you one of their most beloved franchises and tells you to do what you want with it. You have a variety of different developers you can call up, adapt their style of one of your favorite games into The Legend of Zelda or make your own game with an original staple.

What do you think? Given this chance where would you take the game? You have complete control over every decision and not only that but after you are finished there's the preperation for E3 and the announcement of your masterpiece. How would you handle it?
Millions of fans will be waiting for the announcement of a new Zelda game that is being steered by a newcomer, will you be able to impress them, or will you have their backs turn after the announcement?

I think a lot of us had these really cool ideas a few times in the past, how we could possibly make this series any better than it already is? I'm not saying maybe it's time for Nintendo to hand the reigns over to someone else, well maybe I am but not permanently. I know the topic has been passed around for awhile since Skyward Sword came out, even more since the rumors of Retro Studios hiring people for a oil painting styled game.

The WiiU is also coming out this year and I doubt we will have any Zelda news so soon, maybe a little tidbit of something for the 3DS but still highly unlikely. So I thought for now, it would be fun to see what everyone would do with this kind of power in their hands.

I do random concept art from time to time and thought that it would be fun to do a Zelda project, a little something to keep me busy while I wait for new Zelda news haha. Right now I'm just glowing with ideas of stuff I could do with Zelda, stuff I can only dream of doing.

I think for my Zelda game I would definitely hire a developer to help me along the way, Bioware would be my first choice. I think their vision for video games is really highlighted, especially since a lot of western developers get a lot of flak for spewing out random third person shooters and Call of Duty games.
They have handled a lot of other IPs in the past such as Sonic and Star Wars so a Zelda game would be amazing in their hands.
Luckily I have the tools to do some concept art for a Zelda game and hopefully I can spew out some gameplay concepts. This is starting to sound like it should be in the Fan Works part of the forum, but I thought a discussion about developers and different storylines the fans can create that would be considered as canonical but also fanmade would be awesome to read.

So for now I'll add a rough title screen of what I created for my Zelda game. I'm working on some concept art with Link and Zelda's designs and also a few other things. Also ignore my really bad vocabulary and punctuation, I've been up all night and I have to work in a few hours haha.​

5rwb8.jpg

.................ill just leave it to nintendo. ive played EVERY zelda game except like 3 or 4 and even i dont think i could do it

Welcome to E3 2012: let's start off with an announcement
Behold "The Legend of Zelda: The Legendary War"
(game-play video)
We were going for Skyward sword graphics but with Link as a child. We have also added something quite cool: we are releasing copies for both the 3DS and WiiU, although for all who are worrying we are making it huge; taking up all of the 8G's on the 3DS cartridge. It will also feel large on the WiiU as exclusive will include optional voice acting, orchestrated music, and of course motion controls. This new game would place it during the Hyrulian Civil War at the beginning of the timeline; a young child of about 11 or 12 is called upon to to infiltrate headquarters of the monarchy who have been destroying towns to move population; killing many in the process. A new feature that will probably bring a smile to the veteran gamers face; certain areas will be in 2D style like A link to the Past but others will be in 3D format like Skyward Sword. But I must stress, you will not be able to switch between 3D and 2D like in Crush 3D. The game will be compatible with the Wii classic controller, the wiimote and nunchuk, 3DS and WiiU tablet in both 2D and 3D sections. Also you can use a 3DS to play "Zelda: The Legendary War" on your WiiU with either the 3DS cartridge or WiiU disk. Next question: "How can I play a 3DS cartridge on the WiiU?" Many of you probably have already guessed it, it's the 3DS Player. This most likely needs no introduction but the 3DS Player enables the player to play any 3DS game on a television screen and the WiiU controller or if you prefer the 3DS itself. the top screen will always be projected on the television screen but the bottom screen will be put onto the bottom screen of the 3DS if you are playing with the 3DS or if you are playing with the WiiU tablet the bottom screen animations will be displayed on the tablet. The second analog stick on the WiiU can act as a circle pad pro.
More on that later; We are also making a new Ice Climbers...

MW7

If I had complete control I'd have two games concurrently developed. On the Wii U I'd have Nintendo proceed as planned but oversee progress and provide guidance. IMO Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword each were small yet vital tweaks away from being the best games in the series. These two games contained design choices that were very dumbfounding to me, and I honestly believe that I could have made each game much better with several simple changes. On the 3ds I'd take some random studio and design a retro style Zelda game with their technical help. I'd make this game kind of like a blend of the first 3 games of the series but with a majority of emphasis on Legend of Zelda and A Link to the Past. This game would have a large dungeon count (at least 12 dungeons mostly like ALTTP dungeons) and huge relatively open overworld. The town system from Adventure of Link would reappear, and each town would contain at least one engaging sidequest. Also like the first Zelda game it would have a second quest in which all of the dungeons are totally new.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
id have ocarina adult link star in it [in his sould calibur 2 design & voice],id want the music to be orchestrated similar to melee,id have hyrule to be as vast as twilight princess but put a little more terrain and ruins and maybe a couple of shops and/or people here and there for sidequests,id make the castle town look like how it looked in the zelda 64 prototype but add a lot of variety to it,etc.

At E3 whatever year, it doesn't have to be this one.
The Legend of Zelda: Clashing Blades (for Wii U)
Using Skyward Sword's graphical style but more refined and detailed. Using Wii Remote for swordplay and use the tablet with a special arm strap for shield, movement, inventory and maps. An open world like Twilight Princess. Subplots involving character development. Returning fan favorites like Impa, Groose, Aryll and Malon. Themes on revenge, the underdog, corruption, romance and idealism over cynicism. With Princess Zelda in astral projection as your companion, you must save Hyrule from a fallen knight who wields the cursed Four Sword (spoiler alert, Ganon is the real main villain) after Hyrule's best knights have fallen or disappeared.
The Legend of Zelda: Natural Destruction (for 3DS)
Utilizing graphics like OOT3D but more Skyward Sword-like visual style, as it is a sequel to Clashing Blades. Some of the cast of Clashing Blades make reappearances and starts with Link already in ownership of some of his weapons. Link accompanies Zelda to Southern Hyrule, were a band of nature based conquerors lured her to sacrifice her to summon a beast from a volcano that will enable them to take over Hyrule. While Zelda is under watch, Link crosses path with a spirit hound who becomes the partner of the game to lead him across Southern Hyrule to learn about the nature based villains and what this beast they wish to revive is. At the same time, a mysterious spirit in armor is following Link throughout the area who isn't affiliated with the evil forces.

The year after will be a post for another game in 2 years. The image is Link and Zelda holding each other close with two shadows looming over them. One is the shape of a familiar pig entity with bright yellow eyes, the other is slimmer with long hair and has one red eye starring at Zelda

Enter E3 2012.

A new Zelda title is announced for the Nintendo 3Ds system boasting similar graphics to Ocarina of Time albeit pushing the 3Ds closer to its limit. Dungeons, sidequests, character you care about-they're all present. Once again, the user has to traverse the kingdom of Hyrule and save it from the clutches of evil. A balance between the best of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask is to be found. There are plenty of dungeons, over 10, and sidequests are well incorporated into the story. Seemingly minor characters return time and time again, forming a vital connection with the player. Connectivity to a future Wii U Zelda title is promised through a DLC update later on.

Pretty good so far! This is going to be a little TLDR.. So I thought I would throw in a quick summary of what my Zelda idea would be about since all I got is some crappy concept art and a really rough title screen concept. I would like to set this Zelda further into the timeline set in some sort of dystopian future for Hyrule.
Not entirely a wasteland or anything apocalyptic, just a neautral setting where the Hylian politics have clashed with the different races in Hyrule. It would be cool to finally see some interaction between the raves and have some slightly controversial themes and tones set in the Zelda universe.

I read somewhere here in the forum that someone wanted to see a war in Zelda and how everyone always speaks of this great war in Hyrule. The setting would be slightly modern, but not too modern or futuristic. The Royal Family of Hyrule is more of a dynasty, something along the lines of presidential. Zelda would be The First Daughter of Hyrule and viewed less of as a Princess since the lore and mythology will have faded away, along with any knowledge of the goddesses and such. It would be depressing and new to vetern Zelda fans to experience a world where nobody recalls the adventures of the hero in green.

I also mentioned that I would love to have Bioware develop the game, I think it would be amazing to have their spectacular story telling inside a Zelda game, seeing what could happen with voice acting. I don't know if making Link speak would be a good idea since the link with him would be lost, so think Dragon Age, the character in that game was silent throughout, you could choose what he/she would say to the characters and motion your way forward with your decisions. I feel that this would be an excellent additiong to the Zelda universe, we have already seen a tiny hint of it in Skyward Sword but not fully utilized.

Imagine Zelda speaking to your character, she asks you a question and you have four choices. The conversation wheel would be present like on the Mass Effect games, a staple in the Bioware games. Every choice you make would change the difficulty, I'm not saying you would be able to make Link evil. Link can't be evil, but say you make a wrong decision or piss someone off, the difficult is upped or enemies spawn faster and take away more of your health.

Also a new thing I would love to add to the Zelda universe is the choice you would be able to make near the beginning of the game, haha look at me talking as if it's real.. Zelda would join up with you and ask you if you would like her to join with you on quest missions, fight along side you with her magic. You can either say no which would make the game harder and more difficult, or you can use and possible other party members to join along and fight.
Also the fighting wouldn't be turn based or clunky, it would still be Zelda but this time you have friends fighting alongside you instead of going it alone. I think it would add an interesting form of play where it would feel like all of Hyrule is desperate enough to join together and fight. This is a Hyrule where everything is lost and everybody is at war with one another, I'm not saying a violent war but fighting over resources and such, which would make sense since they lost all knowledge and hope in the goddesses or the triforce.

So yeah that's a quick summary of what I would like to do if it was in my hands to make a Zelda game. It's a far stretch and probably a lot of fans would hate it or call it a typical Bioware game, but it's a different way to play Zelda and a whole new experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom