• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Exam!

Con-man

Master Swordsman
1. Link
2. The legend is that the first hylian princess was named zelda, she was put into a deep sleep, every hylian princess has since then been named zelda. Link awoke her in zelda 2, right?
3. Idk
4. Idk
5. Shadow link
6. Gonna guess false
7. Korok
8. Aahh why cant i remember this?!?!
9. Idk
10. True

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
1: Link
2: Because of the ancient lineage. But the Zelda Legend begun after the sleeping princess incident. The game is also called "Legend of the sleeping Princess". That's what I've read (Adventures of Link manual, the Internet).
3: Koholint Island
4: I don't know
5: Shadow Link
6: Try to play Majoras Mask properly the first time in the upcoming next weeks. So, for now, I don't know.
7: Koroks
8: Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow it never ends.
9: I don't know
10: True

Well I guess that's somehow fine for me.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
1.) Link.

2.) What Unlucky Monkey put.^^^

3.) Koholint Island, an it has an egg that leads to the final area in it.

4.) Jabun

5.) Shadow Link...

6.) Depends. Did you do the Mask of Scents dungeon after Woodfall? If so, false. If not, yes.

7.) The Koroks.

8.) "...it never ends."

9.) Haunch

10.) True and False. He is the INCARNATION of an ancient sage. He is not the sage himself.

As for the bonus, there is no official timeline aside from the following.
......../-TWW/PH-ST
SS-OoT
........\MM-TP

Known sequels:
MC-FS/FSA
ALTTP/LA
TLOZ/TAOL
Generally, people put ALTTP/LA-TLOZ/TAOL
The Four Swords Saga and the Oracle games are placed on it somewhere, but we don't know where.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I'm gonna give you guys a series of questions about The Legend of Zelda and see if you can answer them correctly! Here we go:

1.) What is the name of the character clad in green we all know and love. (Hint: It's not Tingle.)

2.) Why is the series (officially) called "The Legend of Zelda"? (Hint: Think Zelda II.)

3.) What is the name of the island in Link's Awakening, and what is on the top of it's mountain? (Hint: Be very specific. Like, what does it look like?)

4.) What is Jabu-Jabu's name in The Wind Waker? (Technically theory)

5.) What is Dark Link's other name?

6.) True or False: The second dungeon in Majora's Mask is Snowpeak.

7.) What did the name of the Kokiri change into in The Wind Waker?

8.) Finish this quote: "Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow ______."

9.) What is the name of Beth's Father. (Twilight Princess)

10.) True or False: Keapora Gaebora is an ancient Sage.

Bonus!: What is the official "timeline"? :xd: :lol: (Joke question)
1: Too bad, Tingle was my only guess.
2: Because you're embarking on a Legendary quest, of which the goal is to rescue Princess Zelda.
3: Koholint Island; Wind Fish Egg. Go get your descriptions elsewhere, I know my stuff.
4: Jabun? (I believe?)
5: Trick question. I believe you're going for "Shadow Link", but it's not commonly accepted that Shadow Link and Dark Link are the same.
6: True(? Been a long time, whatever the one with the invisible goron is.)
8: flow, it continues for ever. (Japanese real translation, English translation should be "never stops" or "never ends" or something like that.)
9: Got me on that one.
10: Trick question. A reincarnation isn't the same thing as being an ancient sage, and we don't know for sure if he is or not. I assume the answer you want is false, though it can really go either way.
Bonus: The official timeline is:
LoZ (1986/1987) - AoL (1987/1988) - ALttP (1991/1992) - LA (1993) - OoT (1998) - MM (2000) - OoS/OoA (2001) - FS (2003/2002 (yes, Japan's was released after US's)) - Wind Waker (2002/2003) - FSA (2004) - MC (2004/2005) - TP (2006) - PH (2007) - ST (2009) - SS (2011(2012?))
Ooh, wait, did you want the timeline in relation to the games?

Okay, now time to read the thread and see what I missed.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
1: Too bad, Tingle was my only guess.
2: Because you're embarking on a Legendary quest, of which the goal is to rescue Princess Zelda.
3: Koholint Island; Wind Fish Egg. Go get your descriptions elsewhere, I know my stuff.
4: Jabun? (I believe?)
5: Trick question. I believe you're going for "Shadow Link", but it's not commonly accepted that Shadow Link and Dark Link are the same.
6: True(? Been a long time, whatever the one with the invisible goron is.)
8: flow, it continues for ever. (Japanese real translation, English translation should be "never stops" or "never ends" or something like that.)
9: Got me on that one.
10: Trick question. A reincarnation isn't the same thing as being an ancient sage, and we don't know for sure if he is or not. I assume the answer you want is false, though it can really go either way.
Bonus: The official timeline is:
LoZ (1986/1987) - AoL (1987/1988) - ALttP (1991/1992) - LA (1993) - OoT (1998) - MM (2000) - OoS/OoA (2001) - FS (2003/2002 (yes, Japan's was released after US's)) - Wind Waker (2002/2003) - FSA (2004) - MC (2004/2005) - TP (2006) - PH (2007) - ST (2009) - SS (2011(2012?))
Ooh, wait, did you want the timeline in relation to the games?

Okay, now time to read the thread and see what I missed.

#5 actually wasn't a trick question, but you've got a point there. I've gotta give you props on #8. I didn't know that.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Haha, well I thought it was. The funny thing I know the Japanese quote but wasn't sure on the English version. xD
And I thought you'd have liked my "timeline", I mean, who can argue that one? :P

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
1. Trick question. It really is Tingle.
2. Because Zelda II was terrible so they decided to keep using The Legend of Zelda instead of moving on to Zelda III.
3. Koholint Island, and there's a giant lint ball on top of the mountain.
4. The Wind Fish
5. Yami no Rinku
6. Both. Sequence-breaking FTW!
7. Fado's name did not change.
8. "..."
9. Tingle again!
10. Naw, he's an owl dummy!

Bonus:
Code:
WW - FS - SS - OoT(/LA) - LoZ/AoL(/LA)/<       > - LttP(/LA)
    X  \          \MM                   OoS/OoA   /
MC - \  ------------------- FSA ------------------
       PH - ST

If I wasn't so certain of these answers (I could back up the official timeline with developer quotes if you wish), I might have tried to fish around for random ones like

1. Link
2. Each game is a legend about a person named Zelda. Zelda II actually contains a legend about a previous Zelda.
3. Koholint; a giant egg
4. Jabun
5. I don't know... Shadow Link?
6. True
7. Korok
8. I don't know
9. I don't know
10. False; he is a reincarnation of one.
bonus: no one but Miyamoto, Aonuma, Fujibayashi, and possibly a few other directors knows...

Fierce

Deity Link
1.) What is the name of the character clad in green we all know and love.
No name, we enter the name. Though most call him "Link"

2.) Why is the series (officially) called "The Legend of Zelda"? (Hint: Think Zelda II.)

Named after Zelda Fitzgerald, the wife of the author F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Zelda 2? Maybe you mean the fact that the Prince decreed all princesses must be named Zelda?

3.) What is the name of the island in Link's Awakening, and what is on the top of it's mountain? (Hint: Be very specific. Like, what does it look like?)
Kolint Island, Windfish's egg. Looks like a Yoshi's egg but with pink spots. Inside the egg is the Windfish, aka the owl, and looks like a whale with wings. Hatched by playing: Ballade of the Windfish

4.) What is Jabu-Jabu's name in The Wind Waker? (Technically theory)
Jabun, and that's likely his ancestor Juice!

5.) What is Dark Link's other name?
Shadow Link, or Shadow of the Hero(Manga)

6.) True or False: The second dungeon in Majora's Mask is Snowpeak.
False, it is Snowhead Temple

7.) What did the name of the Kokiri change into in The Wind Waker?

Korok

8.) Finish this quote: "Time passes, people move... Like a river's flow ______."
it never ends..."
- Sheik, pre-water temple

9.) What is the name of Beth's Father. (Twilight Princess)
Hanch

10.) True or False: Keapora Gaebora is an ancient Sage
False, he's reincarnated from an ancient sage. He's not the sage himself. He's an owl.

Bonus!: What is the official "timeline"?

There is no official timeline that we know, but EAD has one.

My theory:
----------- MM = TP = LttP (ToG) = LA = LOZ= AoL
SS = OOT <
----------- WW = PH = ST

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom