• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition

You know I really hope Nintendo releases another Zelda collector's edition because the first one to me was a disappointment because for some odd reason they didn't include ALttP even though they show video clips of it on there so because of that I never bought it. ALttP is my number 1 favorite Zelda game. If they do release another one I would like to see on there at least LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT and MM. That would be one awesome edition I think. What do you think? You think they should do another collector's edition? If so, what games would you like on there?

I am assuming you are asking if the next LoZ title will have a special edition? My guess is yes they will, you can take those rupees to the bank in Termina. And I do have an opinion as to what game they may add to it, assuming they do at all. It is likely they would add ALTTP port with it. The reason I say this is, it's been hinted at by Miyamoto he would love to see a 3d remake of it on the 3ds. It could be a smart marketing tactic to add it as a bonus, to keep us on our seats, awaiting the 3d remake, assuming it happens. I would like to see a remastered AOL with it, though. Just me.

No I'm saying that I'm hoping Nintendo releases another Collector's Edition with at least ALttP on it because the other one didn't have ALttP. I was also wondering what other people think, if they would like another collector's edition and what games they would like on it. Ya maybe this wasn't a good conversation topic sorry about that.

What about the Virtual console Versions.With a Wii you can buy Zelda 1,2,AlLTTP,Oot,MM,WW,TP,SS.There's no need of a Collector edition if you can alrealdy buy them all on the Wii,Collector edition was a good idea for the Gamecube because we could'nt played those games on a GC and it help to make Zelda 1 and 2 to be known by the younger audiance.As for the portable games,I think it would be a better move for Nintendo to put them on the E-shop instead of a Collector edition.A new collector edition would be a good idea only if they decide remake all the game(update the graphics,fix issues,etc for all the games),but I really doubt they do this.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What about the Virtual console Versions.With a Wii you can buy Zelda 1,2,AlLTTP,Oot,MM,WW,TP,SS.There's no need of a Collector edition if you can alrealdy buy them all on the Wii,Collector edition was a good idea for the Gamecube because we could'nt played those games on a GC and it help to make Zelda 1 and 2 to be known by the younger audiance.As for the portable games,I think it would be a better move for Nintendo to put them on the E-shop instead of a Collector edition.A new collector edition would be a good idea only if they decide remake all the game(update the graphics,fix issues,etc for all the games),but I really doubt they do this.
That about sums it up. Collector's Edition really was just so GC players could play the classics, nothing else. We can buy almost every single Zelda game to date and play it on the Wii with little to no hassle at all. Now, something that I think could be possible is a Zelda Collector's Edition for the Wii U because the disc size is supposledy 25GB per disc. If Nintendo did simple ports, they could fit every single Zelda game at that point on one disc I'm thinking.

zellinkda

one of many
disappointment? no way. I love the collector's edition. one Christmas, my bro and i got a gamecube with the collector's edition in it. if we didn't have that, i wouldn't be here on these forums! but to answer the question, they should make another collector's edition. maybe someone will be the same as me and fall in love with zelda the way i did. i would like oox, loz, mm, tp, and oot on the collector's edition

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i have the Collectors Edition so for the next one, i would like the handheld games, ALTTP, LA, OoA/OoS and Minish Cap. The ones that follow on from WW i'm not too fussed about but those other ones would be great

I agree that a collector's edition with all the Zelda games would be nice. While yes they have them all on the virtual console, there is still something (at least to me) about having it on my shelf. That way I would have all the zelda games, including the ones I never got when I was younger.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
A Link to the Past was not included on the Collector's Edition because just a few months before the Collector's Edition it was released on the Gameboy Advance. You could also buy the Gamecube Gameboy Player and play A Link to the Past and all the other Zelda games from the handhelds on the Gamecube. You can actually play ever Zelda game from 1987-2006 on the Gamecube.

I got lucky and found the Collector's Edition disc at a local flea market for $10. I got a GC after WW came out so I missed it. I just dug out my GC and have been playing the Collector's Disc, I love it. Also, I have a GBA Player on my GC and have ALttP, Minish Cap, OoA+OoS so I can pretty much play any game. I don't have FSA and I don't think I have LA. The GC showed a lot of love for Zelda.

I have the collectors disk, I got it legit with a Gamecube long ago. Funny how I didn't even really know or like Zelda until about a yeaer ago, and now I'm so happy that I have the collectors disk and can play the OoT in good quality.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
That would be really cool. They should release it for the Wiiu in the mere future. They should have Wind Waker, A Link to the Past, Majoras Mask and Link's awaking. That would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom