• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Guide Box Set

P

pokemega32

Has anyone else heard about this? I haven't seen any news posts made about the collection and I figured I'd make a topic about it.

Here's the Amazon listing for it.

• The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda™ themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

• An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda™ series.

• A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda™ strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

• The set includes 6 hardcover collector’s editions for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

• All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

• For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set.

• The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages.

• This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
That sounds awesome. But I know I can't get it. I'm saving up for an HD camera. Is there a limit as to how many will be released?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
This is the first I've heard of it! That is a pretty impressive set for collectors, especially if you missed out on the previous releases. It seems pricey for what it is, but essentially it's only $25 for each hardcover. (Plus whatever shipping may apply to send something that heavy through the mail...)

I wonder if the Aonuma signature is actually a legitimate "he touched this piece of paper and signed it personally" signature, or just a duplicate of the certificate that he signed for Prima one time only. I've had it go both ways in the past based on descriptions of "signatures", but this seems to imply you are actually getting his autograph. Like the 'gone forever' term, I believe 'signature' is a relative term when it comes to solicitations such as this.

This is very tempting, since I only have the softcover Skyward Sword guide...

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition Game Guide Set

Sometimes we all need a bit of help with our games. And sometimes we spend a lot of money on a special Collecter's Edition of a game. Sometimes we even send a lot of money on something that doesn't actually have any games, and is instead a collection of very in-depth game guides for a franchise which we enjoy and are always happy to support; if you're the former or the latter, and a Legend of Zelda fan to boot, then Prima has got you covered.

On November the 26th, a large Collecter's Edition of the Prima Official Game Guide's for Legend of Zelda games will be releasing. It features 6 guides, as well as a nifty chest for storing them in and a few extra little treats for those willing to shell out the asked for price tag of $153. There are only a limited number of the copies available, so get them while you can!

The official description of the Collecter Edition says:

• The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda™ themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

• An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda™ series.

• A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda™ strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

• The set includes 6 hardcover collector’s editions for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

• All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

• The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages.

• This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

Amazon, via NeoGAF

So, anyone thinking of picking this up? Think it's a neat idea? Do you need help with your Zelda games? Drop a comment!

5176rt4NYoL.jpg

P

pokemega32

There is a downside to the set (besides the price of course).

The four guides that had received stand-alone releases prior to this set had extras included with them. Each had a cloth or parchment map and Phantom Hourglass had a bookmark and a booklet giving Nico's story from the intro.

This box set does NOT include any of the extras.

However, I'm not sure if the stand-alone release of the Wind Waker guide will include anything that won't be in this set.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Pre ordered! Glad i seen this because i havnt seen it anywhere else and its a nice set to go with my LOZ collection,i wonder how detailed the chest will be!

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
I seen a guy selling this on Ebay for $500 and i messaged him saying "You know you can still pre order this for like $150 on amazon right...?) and his response was "I know, but some poor soul will be stupid enough to buy it eventually"

Wow is all i could think of.....

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Why would I buy physical game guides, however accessorized they are, when I access walkthroughs on Zelda Dungeon for free? I'll pass.

You dont buy them to use them that's why their limited editions i would assume ,they are mostly meant for display and collectors who have alittle extra cash on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom