• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Legend of Zelda: A Link to Death

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I've finally decided to write a serious Zelda fan fic now. As you can tell from the title of the thread, the name is A Link to Death and the concept for this has been floating around in my head for a long time now. At the moment, I don't have anything written down. However, once I have them written, I'm going to post them here.

THIS WORK IS RATED PG13 FOR VIOLENCE, MEDIUM BLOOD AND GORE, AND A BIT OF SWEARING! READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

And by the way, I've decided to put this fan fic on the Child Timeline about 300 years after Adventure of Link.

Another thing is that the prologue has changed. The scene that was in the preview version (which I've replaced with the full prologue) is no longer in the story at all.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the rights to the Legend of Zelda franchise, this is a non profit work for entertainment purposes only. This fan fiction is not canon to the timeline, and thus should not be counted.

I have edited the prologue. The header thingie is a bit fancier now and I've changed the scene between Link and Ganondorf.

EDIT: I have edited the prologue a wee bit more. Some over looked grammatical errors were fixed and I added a bit more detail.

Prologue: Invaders

A young man lay in his bed at night, tossing, turning, and dreaming. His covers were twisted and wrinkled and his room, covered in darkness.

He dreamt of a young boy in red running through a series of darkened rooms, the clomping of his footsteps echoing throughout the darkened rooms, which seemed to be waiting. Waiting for a violent event to occur.

He was the height of an average twelve year old child. He wore a red tunic and held a sword and shield. Stopping by a door, he took a breath.

"This is it." He said.

He burst through the door into another dark room. There, he raised his left hand level to his face in a fist, the back of it facing opposite his face. A golden triangle appeared and the room lit up.

"Heh heh heh!" A voice chuckled. "Well done kid. You gathered all eight pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom! But that relic is far too much for a child such as you!"

As the voice finished his last sentence, a large pig like creature appeared in front of the young boy.

It had blue skin and cast a feeling of dread and death upon the young boy, as well as the dreamer. It wore a short sleeve orange shirt with a skull on the chest and red boots. On it's wrists were red bracelets and it's eyes were demonically white. It had bright red eye brows and a white skull tattoo on his forehead.

"Link! Rise and shine!" A deeo voice called out.

As this happened the scene disappeared from his mind. The young man sat up in his bed with abruptly, the first gleams of sunlight streaming down upon him and sweat rolling down his skin from the frightening scene in his dream.

After stretching, he hopped out of his bed to get dressed.
He had piercing blue eyes and brownish blonde hair. He stood almost six feet off the ground and his skin was a fair shade. His night wear was a simple thin sleeveless white shirt and tan shorts.

He put on the same thing he wore every other day: a pair of tan pants and a tan and green sleeveless shirt.​

With that, he headed downstairs to the kitchen to start off his day.

In the kitchen, a man stood behind a wood burning stove, cooking eggs and bacon. In the center of the room was a table, three chairs, a counter by the stairway, and some cupboards with various utensiles and dishes. Near the stove was the front door.

The man at the stove wore blue overalls and a red short sleeve shirt underneath. The dark brown hair atop his head was thinning and he had thick sideburns as well as a thick mustache. His eyes were a dark shade of blue and he had a very big nose.

At the table sat a young woman who appeared not much younger than Link. She wore a dress that was pink from the waist down, and white from the waist up. Her eyes were also blue and she had long red hair.

Link sat down beside her.

"Good morning birthday boy!" The man behind the stove said. "How did you sleep last night?"

Link sighed.

"Talon, I think we've already established this. I'm too old to be called a 'birthday boy' now." Link said, trying to retain his maturity. "And as for the sleeping thing, I had another one of those dreams again."

"Was it the one about the boy who boy who split into four people again?" The girl asked.

"No, not this time, Malon." Link responded. "It was the one about the boy who met the evil pig person again."

"I see." Malon responded, showing signs of intrigue. "I wonder why you keep having those dreams, Link."

"I dunno." He responded. "Although for some odd reason, I feel as if I've actually done all that stuff before."

"That certainly is odd." Malon said.

"So Talon, are the eggs and bacon done yet?" Link asked, changing the subject.

"They sure are, Link." Talon said.

Talon took the pans to the counter and scooped the food onto three plates. He carried the plates to the table and set them down.

They each grabbed a plate and started eating.

After they were done with their breakfast, Talon stood up.

"Alright kids, it's time to get to work." He declared.

Link and Malon stood up as well. Together, the three of them headed out of the front door door.

Outside, there was fresh dew on the grass and the sun was still rising. The other ranchers in the town of Rauru were heading outside to begin their daily routines. All the houses were similar in design, two story houses with white paint.

The three of them each headed off in different directions to the places they needed to be at that particular moment.

After three hours of work, Talon saw a brigade of people on white horses approaching the town from Hyrule Field. He squinted and saw that hylian knights were riding those horses, some equipped with bows, others with spears, and a few with swords and shields.

However, the one thing that stood out among them was two hylian knights on horses riding side by side pulling a carriage.

Soon, everybody outside had noticed the knights approaching the town. When they arrived, a short partially bald man with white hair and circular glasses stepped out of the carriage.

"Hello to you all." He said.

"Minister Portho!" Talon gasped. "To what pleasure do we owe this visit?"

"I am here in the stead of King Daphnes and Princess Zelda." The old minister declared. "Tell me, is there not a man by the name of Link here?"

"Y-yes! How did you know?" Talon answered.

"I'll explain later." He responded. "But for now, please bring him here."

"Okay then." Talon responded. "I'll bring him over here lickety split."

Talon headed towards the cow barn where Link was working at the moment. Link was squatting next to a brown furred cow, milking away.

Talon tapped his shoulder.

"What is it Talon?" He asked, still milking the cow.

"Minister Portho is here and he says he wants to see you." Talon answered.

"Really?" Link responded in obvious disbelief. "Why would the minister of Hyrule want to see me?"

"I'm not quite sure myself." Talon responded. "But it has to be serious if he's here."

"Alright then." Link said, rising from his squatting position.

He headed out and walked over to the old minister. Something about him seemed familiar and foreboding.

"Is your name Link?" Portho asked.

"Sure is." Link responded. "Why exactly do you want to see me?"

The old man chuckled.

"You fools! Everything you have done went exactly as I planned!" He declared.

Suddenly, the hylian knights and the minister were enveloped by a thick purple fog. Link gasped and stepped back, and so did the rest of the residents.

When the fog dissipated, instead of the hylian knights on horses were monsters of all kinds. Large, fat pig creatures with spears, centaurs with menacing swords, and green goblins with bows.

In the place of Minister Portho stood a tall, menacing, green skinned red haired man who wore black armor.

Leaving no time for a reaction, the green skinned man lunged for Link and grabbed at his left wrist. On both their left hands appeared the mark of the Royal Family.

Everybody gasped and rushed towards him. But the horde of monsters anticipated that to happen. His minions anticipated this and aimed their weapons towards the ranchhands.

"Heh heh heh... as I suspected." The green skinned man announced. "You are indeed the incarnation of the legendary hero who destroyed my master! And you hold the very power I seek! The Triforce of Courage!"

"What are you talking about?!" The confused young man demanded.

A golden triangle appeared by Link's hand and flew over towards his assailant's left hand. It disappeared and he threw him back.

"Sieze them, minions!" He commanded the group of monsters.

Link stood to his feet and took on an offensive stance.

"Don't you dare!" He exclaimed. "If you dare to lay a finger on a single one of them, I'll kill you all!"

"Do you know who you're dealing with?!" He demanded. "I am the great Ganondorf! Though you are an incarnation of the ancient hero, you can do nothing to me as you currently stand!"

Ganondorf began to gather dark energy in his hand.

"Now die!" He yelled vehemently.

The ball of energy flew towards Link. The young man flipped backwards, dodging the lethal ball of magic. He then charged Ganondorf, readying a punch.

However, he simply chuckled. With the sudden quickness of a swordsman, Ganondorf drew a gold hilted sword from his hip and pointed it at the young man charging him.

Realizing he'd end up skewered if he didn't stop, Link tried to halt his feet. But the momentum was to strong now and his action far too late to save him.

"LIIIIIIIIINK!!!!!" Malon cried out.

Wham! Ganondorf's sword went clean through Link's gut. The end of the sword that pierced his body was covered in blood. From both sides, Link's blood was leaking out of his body. Blood trickled out of his mouth. He coughed up blood onto Ganondorf's face.

With that, his heart stopped and he breathed his last.

END OF CHAPTER!

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay, sorry for the long wait but I've got chapter one up and running for you. I hope you enjoy it. And also, some feedback would be very much appreciated.

EDIT: I changed chapter one around a little bit and stuff. There's a new "detail" in which Link looks himself over, and I added a bit of dialogue for Tatl.

EDIT: I have further edited this chapter to contain... more detail! Yay I finally got around to doing that after I said I'd do it a week ago! I also edited some of Tatl and Taels dialogue to make a bit more sense.

Chapter 1: Tatl and Tael

"Hey! Wake up sleepy spirit!" A small voice said gently. After a moment annother small voice spoke.

"Maybe he's been spiritually injured..." It declared.

"Don't say that Tael!" The first voice snapped. "He's wearing the same clothes as Link from all those years ago! And Navi told us so many stories about what he did before we met him! He can't let something as simple as an injury get him down!"

"Even so, that doesn't mean he's invincible Tatl..." The new fairy named Tael said. "You remember what she told us almost happened to the Hero of Twilight..."

"Ugh..." Link groaned. "Who's that?"

He sat up to find one yellow ball of fluff and a purple ball of fluff, both with wings, floating next to him. The sun had set and the crickets did not dare to chirp and the wind did not dare to blow in the deserted town of Rauru.

"Um, hi." The yellow ball of fluff said, obviously nervous. "I'm Tatl and this is my brother Tael. What's your name?"

"Tatl and Tael..." Link repeated softly. "Tatl and Tael..." Suddenly, a vision came to him.

A young boy in the same green tunic as all his dreams who appeared no older than ten stood atop a clock tower along with a strange floating boy with a weird mask and the very same fairies who now floated before him in reality.

The moon was demonic and abnormally close to the surface. It's red eyes bulged and it's teeth were jagged. A sense of dread and fear surrounded it. Beside the young boy in green floated the yellow fairy. Beside the other boy was the purple fairy.

"Swamp. Mountain.Ocean. Canyon. Hurry... The four who are there... Bring them here..." Tael said.

The floating boy whacked the fairy with his hand after he finished that statement. "Stupid fairy! Don't speak out of line!"

Link gasped and his senses returned to reality. The two fairies were still floating in front of him and had looks of obvious concern.

"Are you feeling okay?" Tael asked with concern in his voice.

"Why is this happening?" Link questioned out loud. "I just met you two and now I had a dream about the two of you... and that same boy... everything's so confusing..."

"You still haven't told us your name.." Tael pointed out.

"Oh! Sorry. I've been so caught up in my own thoughts I lost track of reality." He apologized. "My name's Link. It's nice to meet the two of you."

"I knew it!" Tatl declared. "See, Tael?! He really is the inarnation of Link that Navi said would arise! And that also justifies my feelings too! He has that same energy as the Link we knew too!"

That statement brought back memories of when he was last conscious. "Wait a second! What are you talking about with this 'ancient hero' stuff?!" Link demanded. "Who's this Navi person?! And where is everybody?!"

"Umm, I'm sorry... but we don't know... Navi's a great fairy we met a long time ago... and we're not really sure ourselves. But she might be able to help." Tatl explained, her wings drooping.

"Please don't get worked up!" Tael pleaded. "We were just exploring and we found your spirit laying here. I can tell that something bad happened to you, but please don't get worked up!"

"Wait a second! 'Spirit'?!" Link exclaimed, shocked.

He looked himself over. His clothes were no longer what he wore earlier. He wore brown gauntlets and brown, knee high leather boots. A grass green tunic with chain mail hiding beneath it. Tan pants and tan long sleeves were also present, albeit mostly hiding beneath his vibrant green tunic, boots, and guantlets. And atop his head, was a grass green floppy hat to go along with everything else.

"Y-yeah... We don't like it as much as you do... But, you were already dead when we got here." Tael explained. "And even if there was still a chance, we're not healing fairies..."

"But come on! There still has to be some way for everything to get better! Navi should know what to do!" Tatl explained, pep in her voice. "So get on your feet and get moving! It's not a very long walk to Navi's fountain!"

END OF CHAPTER!

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
Cool! I like it :) I really like tatl and tael's intro.
The plot is a little foggy right now, but I'm sure that is your intent. Good job. I did fine one mistake that caught my attention though:

When the fog dissipated, in the stead of the hylian knights on horses were monsters of all kinds, I'd say you meant:
When the fog dissipated, instead of the hylian knights on horses there were monsters of all kinds.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Cool! I like it :) I really like tatl and tael's intro.
The plot is a little foggy right now, but I'm sure that is your intent. Good job. I did fine one mistake that caught my attention though:

When the fog dissipated, in the stead of the hylian knights on horses were monsters of all kinds, I'd say you meant:
When the fog dissipated, instead of the hylian knights on horses there were monsters of all kinds.

Well thanks for the feedback Din. And don't worry, it is my intent to make the plot foggy at the beginning. Also, thanks for pointing out that error in my story. I'm going to go fix that now.

Tom

So many people are starting to write fan fics, that's nice. Your story looks good to me, I'd only ask for less dialogues and I believe you could describe places and situations a bit more, so the reader is able to get deeper into it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
So many people are starting to write fan fics, that's nice. Your story looks good to me, I'd only ask for less dialogues and I believe you could describe places and situations a bit more, so the reader is able to get deeper into it.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I can safely say that dialogue will be most prominent during the beginning and end so don't worry. And also, it seems I have the problem of not being descriptive enough. I'll see what I can do to fix it. And by the way, you can probably expect chapter two soon.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I'd have to say that I like this fic. I say that you rely a little too much on dialogue though. This kind of makes it similar to a script. However, I would never ask you to go major on the details (heavens no.) Maybe a little more details than used now? :D

I must say that I enjoyed this little plot twist that you have added to the Zelda storyline now. Starting the adventure by killing Link is something that will provide a "chilling" experience. I hope to see more from you.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'd have to say that I like this fic. I say that you rely a little too much on dialogue though. This kind of makes it similar to a script. However, I would never ask you to go major on the details (heavens no.) Maybe a little more details than used now? :D

I must say that I enjoyed this little plot twist that you have added to the Zelda storyline now. Starting the adventure by killing Link is something that will provide a "chilling" experience. I hope to see more from you.

Well, it seems I tend to do a lot of dialogue at the beginning of stories. I think it helps the readers get a feel for the story early on and all, but it won't be prominent throughout the entire story, I assure you of that. As for the details, I agree that I could do those better. I've always had a bit of trouble when it came to those. In fact, I'm currently making a mini mission to add some extra detail to my already existing portions of the story.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the little twist of killing Link early on. In fact, the entire fan fic was spawned because I wondered what would happen if Link ever died before he saved Hyrule. And I assure you, there's going to be quite a bit of relevance on Link's ghostly status. Also, you can expect more from me in the near future. In fact, chapter two is in some of it's final stages at the moment.

I'm incredibly sorry it took so long to get this chapter to you, but with getting my finger injured (and unable to type super efficiently) and distractions I was unable to write. It's been ready for a while, but the above reasons prevented me from actually typing it down and my stupid computer doesn't have word or anything to help me out with this. Hopefully it won't take quite as long to get chapter three to you.

I have edited the chapter a bit. Navi no longer takes Link with her and instead goes alone.

Chapter 2: Navi the Fairy

The forest at night was chillingly creepy. The shadows cast by the many trees were ominous, wolfos howls could be heard frequently, the clacking of stalfos bones echoed through the night, and poes cackled cruelly, all in concert throughout the night.

Tatl, Tael, and Link moved at a quick pace throughout the forest, not wanting to incur the wrath of any of the monsters.

"T-Tatl?" Tael whispered to his sister.

"What is it, Tael?" She asked, showing no signs of fear.

"H-how much longer i-is it until we get to Navi's fountain?" He asked, his fear obvious and great.

"Oh, good Goddesses!" She exclaimed. "You know as well as I do that we're almost there! I know you're scared, but do you really need to ask me?"

"Um, I g-guess not." He responded sheepishly.

An awkward silence followed before Link broke the subject.

"Hey Tael, what's Navi like?" He asked, trying to get his mind off of his fear.

"Oh, Navi's pretty nice. She's smart, funny, and really pretty too!" He began, forgetting his fear. "She's also really good when it comes to warding spells, but sometimes she can get a bit over protective.

"I see." Link responded. "She sounds like a great person."

"She sure is..." Tael said dreamily.

After a few minutes of walking, the creepy sounds of the forest started to die down and the darkness of the trees slowly gave way as they came into a clearing with a spring inhabited by many glowing pink puffballs, all of whom were flitting around frantically. There was also a large tombstone a short distance from the fountain.

The spring was simply a triangle shaped portion of raised ground with three water spouts coming out from each of it's points and a large portion of the ground indented. In the center of the triangular fountain floated a little girl.

She looked no taller than an average eight year old girl, she wore a light blue dress with delicate fringes at the bottom, and small blue heel shoes. All of her skin was light blue, her blue hair was in a small point, and her eyes were entirely a dark hue of blue. She wore a look of concern on her face.

"Um, what's going on?" Tatl asked.

All the fairies and the little girl turned to face her. They whispered many things in tiny hushed voices, from expressions of thankfulness to growls of scorn and sighs of disbelief and relief.

"Hey! Listen up, you two!" The girl yelled at Tatl and Tael as she floated towards them. They flinched and their wings drooped.

"Everybody's been worried sick about you two! We thought something bad happened..." She stopped dead as she noticed the ghost of Link behind the two fairies. A moment of silence pervaded the spring. "Is your name... Link?" She asked, finally.

"Yeah, I'm Link." He answered. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Navi." She said, her voice breaking and tears welling up in her deep blue eyes. "And, are you really-"

"Dead?" Link finished. "Unfortunately, yes."

His eyes shifted towards the ground.

"I-if I may ask, what exactly happened?" Navi asked, trying hard to supress her tears.

Link sighed and told her the story of how he died. The various fairies in the fountain weeped, gasped, and cringed as he told his tale.

"Oh, how terrifying!" Navi exclaimed once he was finished. "Ganondorf has returned and he's after the Triforce again! This is terrible!"

"Wait a second Navi, I don't quite understand." Link spoke out. "I know what the Triforce is, but what does it have to do with me? And who is Ganondorf?"

Navi sighed, realizing that this new Link knew nothing of his adventures in his past lives and began to explain. "Ganondorf has been around for an incredibly long time, Link. You probably don't know this, but he was and still is the biggest threat Hyrule has ever seen. His lust for power is unheard of, and absolutely devestating. You have actually faced off with him in many past lives, and each time he was ultimately defeated." Navi began. "Eventually, he became just what he seemed to be: a demon. He could change between a demon and a human form before, but now he was a true demon by the name of Ganon."

The mention of the name Ganon sent chills down Link's spine.

"Do you understand?" The fairy girl asked.

Link simply nodded in response.

"As for the Triforce, I'm sure you already know what it is. The Triforce is the culmination of balance between Power, Wisdom, and Courage, materialized as three sacred golden triangles, created by the Great Goddesses that created the world, and able to grant the wishes of whoever touches it." She explained. "When Ganondorf claimed the Triforce ages ago, when I first met you, his heart was unbalanced. He had not enough Courage and Wisdom in his heart, but Power was prevelant, so it split and the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage searched for wielders of their own. From then on, by default, the Triforce of Power, as it is called, chose him as to be it's wielder by default. Do you understand so far?"

Link nodded again.

"The Triforce of Wisdom chose Princess Zelda, for her sage like mentality and incredible intellect. And Courage chose you, for your unshakable determination and bravery to stand up to and conquer the most intimidating and difficult challenges. Always, those three Triforce pieces have gone to you three respectively when they search for new bearers." She continued. "And of course, when divided, the Triforce is much weaker. Ganondorf was not satisfied with having one piece ages ago and he is definately not satisfied with two of the three. Because of this, Princess Zelda is in grave danger."

"And I guess you want me to help out, right Navi?" Link asked.

"That's correct, Link." She responded. "I do want you to help out. But as you are right now, you will not be able to. I will go to North Castle to warn the Royal Family."

A pink fairy flitted over to Navi quickly as she finished her last sentence.

"Wait a second!" She chimed in with her small voice. "What about us here? How are we going to be able to stay alive with so many monsters in the forest?"

"Luna, my ward spells will work fine. A single one lasts weeks at a time" She assured. "And besides, even if my spells run out, Swiftblade will be able to help you."

Navi turned to face Link. "I want you to go into the grave beneath that tombstone over there." She said, pointing towards the large tombstone near the fountain. "In there you will meet the ghost of a man named Swiftblade. Tell him I sent you for some training."

Navi floated over to the center of the fountain and twirled around, her arms outstretched, and a puff of smoke appeared. Link covered his eyes, and when he opened them, the smoke was gone and in Navi's place was another puffball fairy, this one white in color.

"Navi? Is that you?" Link asked, bewildered by the sudden transformation.

"Sure is!" She chimed back. "I've got to get moving now, so I guess I'll see you later."

Following Navi's instructions, Link walked over to the tombstone. It had an ancient writing which he had never seen before, yet it seemed so familiar.

"Here lies the Great Swordsman, Swiftblade." He read aloud. It astonished him, and yet at the same time, he felt as though he were remembering things long forgotten.

He braced himself to push the grave and moved to push it with his shoulders, but as soon as he made "contact" with it, he passed right through and fell down a hole.

Tael flitted over towards the grave. "I hope your training goes well!" He half yelled, hoping for his words to reach Link.

END OF CHAPTER!

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Rise from your grave dead thread! Mwahahaha! :devil::ganondorf:

Anyways, I'm finally getting around to posting the next chapter of my fan fic. Huzzah! Hopefully I didn't lose the few people that bothered to read this by taking so much time writing it as to let the thread fall into the dead catagory.

This chapter is a lot longer than the last four (if you count the Prologue as a chapter), but please bear with me. Not all the chapters will be this long.

Also, to clear up confusion that may arise from the *spoilers* sword duel *spoilers* let me tell you that I based the ghostliness of Link and Swiftblade on the Poes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Basically speaking, physical things can harm them for the most part, but when they want to, they can turn intangible and make themselves immune to phyisical things.

And for your patience, I'll hurry my lazy butt up and try to get chapter five out sooner than chapter three and four.

Chapter 3: Dark Times Ahead

Link screamed as he fell through the dark passage. He hadn't expected to pass right through the tombstone, and especially hadn't expected for there to be such a deep hole underneath it.

He had been screaming for what felt to him as minutes now, and he was certain that the landing wouldn't be pleasant.

A few more seconds passed and he noticed a somewhat dim light underneath him. Soon after he had noticed that light, he landed on his front with what felt like a thud, knocking what passed for his breath out of him and he felt as though a horse had just kicked him.

"Hm?" A voice grunted. "Who goes there? Why do you disrupt my meditation?"

Link caught his mock breath and stood up to look around. A translucent man sat cross legged in front of a statue of the Royal Family's crest.

He had long translucent blonde hair and wore a dark green tunic with light green tights underneath.

The grave itself was small and dimly lit by torches. The only truly remarkable thing aside from the statue was a door behind him.

"I'm sorry to disturb you." Link apologized to him. "But Navi sent me for some training."

A moment of tense silence followed. Link was unsure of how he would react.

Without turning to face Link nor stand up, he finally responded, unsure of whether his ghostly ears were working quite right. "Navi sent you?"

"Yes. Navi sent me for some training." Link confirmed with him.

Another tense moment passed. Finally, the translucent man stood up and turned to face Link.

"If that is true, this must be serious." He announced. "Tell me what happened."

Link sighed in relief, glad that the man didn't think he was an enemy. He began to explain what had happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple days had passed since Navi had left her foutain now now. The sun was rising to cast a golden light upon the dew covered grass of Hyrule Field as she neared her destination of North Castle Town.

She wondered how Link's training was going, and if Swiftblade had already sent him to attain the legendary Blade of Evil's Bane. She had known from experience that Link was a quick learner, and figured that this current incarnation should be no different.

Slowly but surely, the walled North Castle Town came into the view of the Great Fairy. She had to make it there before Ganondorf could. She just had to.

She flitted over the large wooden drawbridge, which had yet to open for the day, to North Castle Town. The town was structured of fine white stone. Shopkeepers entered their shops and vendors went to their stalls. Children were already up and headed off to school while their parents waved goodbye to them from their houses.

The Great Fairy's presence caused various reactions from the townsfolk. Various oohs and ahhs came from the children, and adults speculated as to why the fairy was in their town. It wasn't uncommon for a healing fairy to leave their fountain in order to help those who may need it, in fact there were even healing fairies assisting in the town medical clinic, but for a non healing fairy to leave their fountain for a human town was absolutely unheard of.

Navi ignored it all and continued on to North Castle. It was the very first time she had met somebody from the Royal Family since her adventure with Link when he was the Hero of Time, and it was nervewracking for to not know whether or not Ganondorf had already arrived and taken the Triforce of Wisdom from the princess.

She sped up the pace at which her wings beat, and flew to the castle even faster. Finally, she arrived at the castle.

The castle stood defiantly against the enemies it had, grass and flowers of various types and colors decorated this area, and large wooden double doors stood as the entrance to the castle proper.

Two guards stood on both sides of the double doors, guarding them from those who were not supposed to enter. They wore metal helmets covering their entire heads, and chain mail armor with the crest of the Royal Family across the chest, and carried spears.

Navi flitted over to the guards. "Excuse me." She said, grabbing their attention. "I need to speak with King Daphnes and Princess Zelda."

The guards eyed her suspiciously through the eye slits on their helmets.

"I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to pass." The guard on the left said. "There have been many strange things going on, and we were specifically ordered to let nobody pass these doors."

"I can understand that." Navi began. "But you must let me through. The kingdom is in danger. Many lives are already on the line, and the Royal Family in particular is in incredible danger!"

"I don't know..." The guard on the right said. "What proof do you have that all that is true?"

Navi sighed. She knew she would have to reveal her true form to them if she wanted to get in. It took a lot of energy for her to switch between the two forms. She flitted over to the left portion of the area and began to gather power.

A powerful bright light radiated from her fluffy form and nearly outshone the sun.

"What the hell are you doing?!" The guards demanded in unison.

But Navi was too busy switching forms to respond. The guards could only stand helplessly as the light became brighter and brighter, forcing them to look away.

When the light dimmed down enough for them to look again, Navi was no longer in her puffball form. She was now in her true form before them.

Their jaws nearly dropped to the ground. They realized that they were looking at a Great Fairy.

"We are so sorry we did not believe you, oh Great Fairy." The guards apologized in unison.

"I will inform the King and the Princess of your arrival." The guard on the left said. He rushed through the double doors, not believing that he had actually tried to keep a Great Fairy away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swiftblade had been training Link very hard ever since he had explained what had happened. He learned how to do many things, from affecting the physical world, to passing through solid objects, and even flying.

Now, in a room with an entire obstacle course, a large treasure chest, and two doors, he had to put those ghostly skills he had learned to the test.

Swiftblade stood next to the goal, the large treasure chest while Link stood at the starting point near the door that lead back to the room where Swiftblade had been meditating.

Swiftblade motioned for Link to start the course. With speed and grace he barely believed he had, Link passed through stone walls, flew over spikes, and moved blocks to his advantage. In less than a minute, Link had cleared the obstacle course.

Feeling achieved and exhausted, he fell back on the ground.

"Fifty two seconds." Swiftblade announced. "Well done, Link. Not only have you mastered the skills I have taught you, you also did better than I've ever done on this course."

Catching his mock breath, Link stood up.

"So Swiftblade." He said between breaths. "Is that it? Is my training done yet?"

"Of course not!" Swiftblade snapped. "You haven't even learned how to wield a sword and shield! How do you expect to do anything without a sword and a shield?!"

"Alright, but can I rest first?" Link asked. "That obstacle course really wore me out."

"Of course not!" Swiftblade barked. "A hero must learn to deal with his fatigue in order to succeed! We will begin your sword training now!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One castle guard led Navi through the interior of the castle. Windows allowed sunlight to stream into the castle. The walls, alike the exterior of the castle, were made of fine white stone. There was really nothing note worthy about these halls at all.

While it was not the same castle she had snuck into with Link ages ago, being in North Castle brought back many memories of doing just that.

After a few moments, they had come to a large wooden door at the end of the hall.

"King Daphnes and Princess Zelda are seated beyond this door." The guard said.

She felt absolutely ecstatic that she had made it in time. But this was not the end. Navi nodded and went through the door.

The walls and floor of this moderate sized room, alike the rest of the castle, were made of fine white stone. There were windows to allow sunlight to stream in and a large round table in the center of the room.

Seated at that table were a girl and a man.

The girl appeared to be the age of sixteen. She had long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes. Triforce earrings dangled from her long hylian ears and a golden tiara with a red ruby in the center sat upon her head. She wore a regal pink and purple dress with golden shoulder pieces and a golden piece with the crest of the Royal Family on her chest. She wore light pink gloves that went up to her forearms.

The man appeared to be in his late fifties. His hair was as white as snow and he had facial hair of the same color. He wore a golden crown with a red ruby in center upon his head and a red robe with a regal white neck.

"Ah, so you are the Great Fairy who came all the way her to see us!" The King remarked. "Come, sit down."

The King cast a feeling of friendliness all throughout the room.

"So, miss Great Fairy," He began, the mood becoming more serious. "Tell us why you have come all this way to meet with me and my daughter."

Navi cleared her throat. Being in a serious meeting with the King of Hyrule and Princess Zelda made her nervous, even though she was a fairy of incredible stature.

"I am her to deliver a warning." She began. "The kingdom of Hyrule is in incredible danger. The Great Evil King, Ganondorf, has returned and he is attempting to gather the three Triforces again."

The King and Zelda gasped. But quickly, Zelda noticed something.

"Don't you mean Ganon?" She asked. "No person named Ganondorf appears in any of the legends or myths."

"No, I do indeed mean Ganondorf." Navi explained. "You see, long ago, Ganon had two forms. The beast form you know as Ganon, and an evil human form that went by the name of Ganondorf. He has not appeared in the form of Ganondorf in centuries. But now that has changed, and he is back."

The two monarchs nodded, showing that they understood.

"Ganondorf already has Power and Courage under his control." Navi continued. "He is now searching for Wisdom. As you already know, if he attains that last piece all may be lost. And that is why I am here. To prevent that from happening."

A moment of silence followed Navi's last sentence. Daphnes and Zelda were thinking about what Navi had just said.

"I see." Daphnes finally responded. "That is why you have come here. But there is something that I do not quite understand."

"And what would that be?" Navi asked.

"Why exactly did you request to have my daughter present as well?" Daphnes replied. "If that was all you had to tell us, then why would Zelda need to be present as well?"

"I see you don't know." Navi responded slyly. "The reason I wanted to have Zelda present to hear this as well is because this concerns her as well. And the reason it concerns her is because she is the bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom."

Both the King and Zelda gasped, shocked by that.

"But I do not understand. The Triforce split generations ago when another person who was not balanced in Power, Wisdom, and Courage was born and inherited it." Daphnes responded. "None of those pieces were ever seen by mortals again."

"I know it's hard to believe, but the Triforce always prefers to have somebody to bear it's pieces than to be by itself." Navi explained. "Ages ago, the Triforce split for the first time. Wisdom's bearer of choice was the then princess of Hyrule, whom was also named Zelda. Ever since then, that princess was reincarnated many times over. I have come to recognize the Triforces of Courage and Wisdom as well as the soul of that princess over time as I knew her myself. And I know just from looking at Zelda that she is indeed that very same princess in a new life. Not to mention, I can feel the Triforce of Wisdom within her. I am certain of that."

Another moment of silence followed until Zelda spoke up.

"How long do you think we have until Ganondorf arrives?" She asked.

"I am not sure." Navi said. "A hero chosen by the Triforce to bring peace back to the world has arisen, but we must not get cocky. We must be ready for the scenario that Ganondorf arrives before he can do so. There are certainly dark times ahead, and as the Queen of Fairy Land, I will be with you and the townsfolk every step of the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link had truly excelled in his sword training, taking much less time than with the training of his ghostly form. Now was time for his final test of swordsmanship.

The Master and Pupil stood in a large chamber in the grave, with a various swords, shields, and other weapons hanging upon the wall.

"Link, I want you to use the sword and shield you have been using during your training for this final test of your swordsmanship." Swiftblade explained. "Using those and all the techniques you learned during your training, you must hit me five times without getting hit three times. Any questions?"

"Um, yeah." Link responded. "How am I supposed to know neither of us will be hurt? And doesn't it seem unfair that I have to hit you five times without getting hit three times?"

"Excellent questions, Link. You do not have to worry about either of us getting incredibly hurt because the swords we will be using are not sharpened." He explained. "And I made those requirements for you to pass this test because I know you can handle it. Now then, fight me as though I were Ganondorf!"

Swiftblade charged at Link with incredible speed and swung. Link jumped back, narrowly dodging the blow and swung his sword while he was open.

His sword met Swiftblade's side and knocked him a bit to the right. Swiftblade quickly retaliated with his own unsharpened sword.

It made contact with Link's left shoulder and nearly knocked his sword out of his hand. Link tightened his grip on both his sword and shield and swung at Swiftblade again.

Swiftblade blocked with his own shield and swung his sword at the young man again. This time it was Link's right side that took the blow.

Link knew in his heart that he mustn't lose. His training would be delayed and Swiftblade would lose the respect he had for him.

Link took a deep breath and focused deeply. He mustered his strength in preparation.

Swiftblade took this opportunity to strike Link for the third time. Link stood still as his master charged at him, ready to parry. Swiftblade swung at Link, but just as his sword began moving towards Link's body, the young man rolled behind his master.

With incredible grace, he performed an incredible jumping back slice on his master. On impact, Swiftblade was knocked foward a bit.

Swiftblade turned around to retaliate the blow, but Link was one step ahead of him. Already Link was swinging at Swiftblade.

Clang! The two blades met each other and both master and pupil were struggling to overpower the other.

Link ended up winning that match of strength and knocked Swiftblade backwards. Quickly, while he was open, Link swung his sword at his master again and made contact with his side again.

Swiftblade quickly recovered and spun around, attempting the powerful, yet dangerous, Spin Attack on his pupil.

Thinking fast, Link backflipped out of the way with incredible grace, thus dodging what would've been the ending blow.

Once the attack ended, Link rushed in and slashed his opponent. Swiftblade's shoulder took the blow this time.

He jumped back several times, putting a nice distance between himself and Link.

The two swordsmen stood and waited. They waited for their opponent to make a move.

What seemed to be hours passed by before they simultaniously decided to make the first strike.

Neither of them stopped, for if either of them did, they would surely take their last blow.

Swiftblade swung first at Link, from near point blank range. Using the skills he had learned from his training in his ghostly form, Link flew right over Swiftblade, narrowly dodging his sword.

He landed right beside his master, their backs to each other. They both attempted the powerful Spin Attack in order to deliver the final blow.

Just as Swiftblade's sword was about to make contact for the final time with Link, his own sword made contact with Swiftblade.

The ghostly swordsman was knocked to the ground, and his sword flew through the air harmlessly past Link, spinning until it landed on the ground.

Swiftblade stood up and faced Link. Ghostly tears welled up in his eyes, not in sadness that he had been bested, but rather from the sheer joy that his pupil had surpassed his expectations.

"I-incredible." He complimented, trying to supress his tears. "You surpassed all my expectations with flying colors and used moves I did not know myself! There is nothing more I can teach you!"

Link felt flattered that a great swordsman thought so highly of him.

"Thanks for the compliment, Master." He said.

"No, do not call me Master anymore." Swiftblade said. "You have bested me and thus have earned the right to call me by my name. But regardless, you must be going."

"Alright, but where do I go?" Link asked. "Navi didn't say anything about what to do after I was done training with you."

"I will tell you. But first, you must be ready." Swiftblade said. "I will give you some things that will be essential to your quest."

END OF CHAPTER!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I am sorry I did not notice the last update. :( I will try to be more consistent.

Anyways, Chapter 3 was an enjoyable chapter where we got explanation to everything happening. We got to see more into the situation that has gripped Hyrule for many a generation has come anew in this journey. Link is dead, and Navi will have to find a way to help him.
I didn't notice any significant problems with your grammar and spelling.

For Chapter four we get a pretty quick pace of Link working with swiftblade and Navi going to warn Zelda. I think it almost went a little too quick for my tastes, maybe you could've added some exposition with Link and Swiftblade?
Once again, very little problems I can see here, keep up the good work.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I am sorry I did not notice the last update. :( I will try to be more consistent.

Anyways, Chapter 3 was an enjoyable chapter where we got explanation to everything happening. We got to see more into the situation that has gripped Hyrule for many a generation has come anew in this journey. Link is dead, and Navi will have to find a way to help him.
I didn't notice any significant problems with your grammar and spelling.

For Chapter four we get a pretty quick pace of Link working with swiftblade and Navi going to warn Zelda. I think it almost went a little too quick for my tastes, maybe you could've added some exposition with Link and Swiftblade?
Once again, very little problems I can see here, keep up the good work.

That's alright dude, I understand. In fact, I'll bet the good majority of the people who are reading this didn't see the third chapter before chapter four came. I wanted to post chapter three separate in order to prevent that actually, but I decided against it since I could still edit that one post.

I tried to fix that "Too little time" thing, but I don't know if I ended up succeeding or just making it worse.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To those of you who read the original chapter five (part of my previous post which has been removed) I apologize. I really didn't know what I was thinking making all that an entire chapter, and so boring too. For that I apologize.

Thank God I was able to remove the original chapter five. That thing was a straight up abomination that I can't believe I actually wrote. As an apology, here's the new chapter five (the original chapter six) and I'll hurry up with the new chapter six.

Also, the reason Koroko (my alternate ego for fan fics) is in there is because I felt like including him since Kokiri Forest is present. There wasn't a real sign up for this story, but if you want you can present a character for me to use. I'll promise to figure something out (my limit is three characters, so act fast if you want to have them involved). Also, they'll play minor roles in the story. Anyways, without further ado...

EDIT: Due to ChargewithSword's advice (thank God I have his feedback! I don't know what I'd do without it!) I've merged the original chapter five with the fighting chapter to create the new chapter five. I hope you enjoy it. It now continues where it left off in chapter four instead of a timeskip like it was in chapter five V2. Also, the first part of chapter five contains stuff that wasn't a part of the original chapter five (the flashbacks).

EDIT: I fixed some typos that I had previously missed.

Chapter 4: Battle of Kokiri Forest

"Come with me." Swiftblade said.

Link nodded and followed Swiftblade through the door and into the obstacle course room, just near the chest which Swiftblade had stood by during Link's training in his ghostly form.

"Open it, and take what lies inside." Instructed Swiftblade.

Link nodded and stuck his fingers under the lid. As though he had been doing it all his life, or existance in this particular case, he opened it with ease.

Inside he found a sword, shield, and small bag. He picked them up one by one, starting with the sword.

The sword was made completely of steel, having much polish and sheen for being locked up in a chest for who knew how long. The edges of the hilt were straight, not curving in the slightest, and red rubies dotted the entire hilt. The blade itself was not adorned with the red gems and was a plain double edged blade on an entirely steel sword.

Holding the blade, a memory of earlier days came to Link.

A young man in green identical in appearance to Link stood in a room with a blue robed figure. It teleported all over the room firing blasts of magic. The young boy held his shield up to the beams of magic and yelled.

"REFLECT!"

As beam of magic made contact with his shield, bouncing off of it and into the blue robed figure. It screamed in pain and disappeared in a large puff of black smoke.

Then another one came. The same young man from the last vision now stood in a large room with a gigantic red bird flying around, firing fireballs at him. He dodged and dodged, and held up his sword.

"THUNDER!" He shouted.

A bolt of lightning came down upon the bird, causing it to screech and turn blue.

Link returned to his senses. He remembered now. He remembered spells he had used in a previous quest that would surely aid him. He stapped the sword onto his back. Next he reached for the shield.

It was a large shield made of a shiny brown copper, no dust or tarnish present in the slightest. Screws at the top and bottom portions could be seen holding the thing together, and a large red cross was painted across the center.

After strapping the shield onto his back, he reached for the bag. It was small and brown and made of leather. He immediately knew what it was, having remembered just now that he had used that exact sort of thing in all of his previous quests.

It was a magical satchel, capable of holding anything he wished it to hold, no matter how large it was and no matter how much he stuffed inside it, there would always be room for more items.

He turned to Swiftblade to thank him, but before he could say anything, the ghostly swordsman spoke out.

"You missed something." He said.

"Huh?" Link asked, confused. "There isn't anything else in the chest."

"Look again." Swiftblade instructed. "There is one more item."

Link turned back to the chest and peered inside, still seeing nothing.

"I still don't see anything." Link said. "Nothing but dust."

"Then check the dust." Swiftblade advised.

Link shrugged. Maybe there is a small item underneath it... He thought.

He wiped the dust from the bottom of the chest until a yellow spot caught his eye. He wiped off more of the dust until a yellowed piece of paper could be seen. He picked it up and turned it over, seeing a map of Hyrule on the other side.

Link turned again to thank Swiftblade.

"Thanks for the equipment." He said.

"No thanks are necessary, Link." Swiftblade responded. "That equipment once belonged to you long ago, or rather, one of your previous incarnations."

"Really?" Link asked, intrigued. "That explains why I had visions of myself using it."

"Now Link, before she sent you here, had Navi told you what you must do?" Swiftblade asked.

"Um, no." Link answered. "She just said to see you about some training."

"Well then, I shall explain what you must do." Swiftblade began. "First things first, Ganondorf cannot be defeated by just any sword. It takes a special sword to defeat him, and that sword is the legendary Blade of Evil's Bane, the Master Sword."

Link nodded, showing his understood.

"And to gain that sword, you must attain the three Pendants of Virtue." Swiftblade continued. "I do not know where the Pendants, nor the Master Sword lie, but that is not a problem, for I know of one who does."

Link nodded again, confirming that he understood.

"Far to the east of here is a forest." Swiftblade continued. "A forest inhabited by the forest folk, the Kokiri Tribe. Their guardian deity, the Great Deku Tree, has lived many long years and as such he is very likely to know where you must seek the Pendants and the Master Sword."

Link nodded again.

"Now go Link, to the east. Your map is marked with the various important landmarks around Hyrule, and Kokiri Forest, your destination, is one of them."

Link nodded and followed his former master's orders, going through the door into the room where he first dropped in on the dead man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were signs of danger all over now. The Great Deku Tree had indeed been right, monsters were descending upon their peaceful forest. Most of the various child like residents of Kokiri Village had taken to hiding in their wooden abodes, but two brave Kokiri warriors decided to defend against the oncoming invasion.

The Great Deku Tree was feeble from living many years, and thus he could do little more than grant the Kokiri their existance and eternal youth. He warned three days ago that monsters were coming. He said that the animals would disappear to hide and the wind was blowing.

Of course, being their guardian deity, the Kokiri took those warnings seriously. And now the two brave Kokiri warriors stood side by side, waiting for the invasion. The both of them stood the height of an average nine year old and wore green tunics and floppy hats to match.

The Kokiri on the left possessed blue eyes and blonde hair with short bangs peeking out from underneath his cap. He stood tall, clutching a sword in one hand and a shield in the other. His name was Mido.

The shield was small by normal standards, but just large enough to be effective on the seemingly nine year old Kokiri. It was made of a brown wood from the Great Deku Tree himself and had a carved symbol on it. It was known as the Kokiri Crest, and it consisted of a swirl at the top and a small curve to the left at the bottom. The carving was painted red.

The sword was also small but still just right for the Kokiri. The blade itself was a plain double edged blade of silver and the hilt was made of wood. The handle had wrappings around it and a small red ruby was in the center of the top part of the hilt. It had once belonged to the Hero of Time a long time ago, the first of few.

The Hero of Time had given him the sword as a token of friendship, and Mido held it dear ever since. He was always jealous of the Hero of Time, always putting him down before his adventure began, and when he had given it to him, that touched the Kokiri.

He expected hatred and animosity for his actions, but instead the Hero of Time gave him a gift, and even taught him the art of swordplay. Now he had to use it for the first time in an extremely long time.

The Kokiri on the right stood tall, wielding a sword the same size as that of Mido's with a plain golden hilt and plain silver blade, also wielded by the Hero of Time, and a Deku Shield. He had black hair dark as the night sky and brown eyes as deep as the earth he stood on. His name was Koroko.

Then the battle began. An arrow whizzed through the dense foliage and right towards Koroko, who quickly raised his shield and blocked the arrow, causing it to bounce back.

The monsters revealed themselves then and there. Monsters of all shapes, sizes, and colors were present. Thin green goblins with piercing red eyes wielding bows, large fat brown pig monsters equipped with spears, and wizards of all kinds.

The green Bulblins hung back and fired arrows at them, the pig like Moblins rushed at them and swung their spears, and the wizzrobes hung back firing blasts of magic at them.

Koroko and Mido dodged the arrows and magic blasts with ease and fought the monsters. Dodging out of the way of an arrow, Koroko slashed at a moblin, inflicting a deep gash. Green blood spilled out of the wound and it fell with a mighty thud before dissappearing in a puff of black smoke.

Thirty minutes of fierce fighting passed and finally there was a single Moblin left and a lone Wizzrobe hanging back, letting the Moblin handle them. The two Kokiris stood before the Moblin and charged.

He smirked. He had learned their fighting patterns from leaving the other Moblins, Bulblins, and Wizzrobes to fight them and whacked them with the wooden portion of his spear from side, landing them on their behinds. The Moblin raised his spear and swung it down on Mido. He closed his eyes in anticipation.

All those centuries of life he lived were about to end. Or they at least, they should have. Just before the spear made contact with Mido's head, it stopped. Nothing happened.

The boy opened his eyes and saw before him a translucent man dressed in the same green garb that the members Kokiri Tribe wore. He had swung his sword to deflect it, thus saving the Kokiri's life.

"Are you alright?" Link asked the both of them.

Mido and Koroko just stared at him in jaw dropping awe. He looked exactly like the Hero of Time, albeit much older. They managed to nod yes.

"Good," He said. "Now get somewhere safe. I'll deal with these two."

They nodded and ran inside one of the wooden homes. They knew he could handle the monsters better than they could themselves.

The Moblin gritted it's teeth and charged Link, spear pointed towards the young man. Acting fast, Link raised his shield.

Clang! Metal met metal and Link spun around to slash at the back of the Moblin with lightning speed. His sword cut through the Moblin, severing it's arm.

Green blood spattered and he fell with a thud before disappearing a puff of black smoke alike the rest of the party of monsters that fell to Mido and Koroko. The Wizzrobe rubbed his eyes in amazement. A ghost had defeated one of his Master's trusted bosses amongst his army in a snap. He knew he had to summon another, more powerful monster to aid in the defeat of this specter.

He floated up, revealing his presence to Link and mumbled an incantation in his native tongue. With a sudden puff of smoke blacker than the blackest night, a great boss monster had appeared.

It stood a bit taller than Link and wore thick black armor from head to toe. It wielded a large sword and a circular shield half the size of Link's.

"Darknut..." Link growled. Just seeing this darknut brought back memories of Link fighting them in packs. Those great battles were intense, and while there was just one before him, he knew that he had his work cut out for him.

The Wizzrobe had begun to float around and upped the ante by firing blasts of fire at the young man. He blocked one of those blasts with his shield and moved just in time to avoid getting sliced by the Darknut's sword.

While he may have been dead, he could still be harmed by physical objects and he definately didn't need to die a second time because if he did, there was no chance of Hyrule recovering from Ganondorf.

He dodged the Darknut's swings, and blocked the Wizzrobe's blasts of fire. He had to get rid of the Wizzrobe if he wanted to effectively fight the Darknut. He dodged and blocked until an idea struck him. It was risky but worth a shot.

Link continued to dodge the Darknut's swings until the Wizzrobe fired another blast at him. Link turned to face the Wizzrobe and gathered his magic power.

"REFLECT!" He yelled, causing a golden glow to come to his shield and bounce the fire right back at the Wizzrobe.

"OH SHI-" Was all the startled Wizzrobe managed to say before the fire made contact and burnt him to a crisp, causing him to disappear in a puff of smoke.

Knowing that the Darknut would take this chance to swing and end him for the second time, he phased out of his physical form and into his 'untouchable' form, as he liked to call it.

The blade passed harmlessly past him and he shifted back to his normal form. He swung at the Darknut while he was open, hoping for his armor to come off like it had before, but this time that didn't happen.

His sword met the armor with a clang and it vibrated wildly. Just as he recovered, the Darknut swung at him again, narrowly missing. Link would have to think outside of the box this time if he wanted to defeat the Darknut and get on with his quest.

He knew he had to do something about the armor, but what? Link rolled around to the Darknut's back and found no straps holding the suit together. The Darknut whirled around and swung, missing Link yet again, but felling a tree.

Then it struck Link. He would have to use the Darknut's power and turn it against him. He searched his mind for ways to do this, all the while dodging his attacks.

Then it struck him. His Thunder spell. It would be able to stun him with his metal armor and allow Link to use the large blade to his own advantage, but it would be a one shot. If he failed, then this battle was as good as lost.

He flipped back to a comfortable distance from the supreme Darknut and gathered his magic power. The Darknut closed in slowly, his armor weighing him down. Then, he raised his sword into the air.

"THUNDER!" He shouted. A large bolt of lightning struck down on the Darknut and stunned him. The pain and sudden shock of being shocked had made him drop his weapon, which Link sheathed his sword and put away his shield for.

While the Darknut was recovering, Link slashed at the Darknut with the gigantic blade, chipping off his armor bit by bit, until nothing was left except the red mail underneath. He unsheathed a smaller, thinner sword and came at Link with incredible speed.

Link countered this attack by swinging his stolen sword at the Darknut, launching him back and slicing clean through his body. Bluish purple blood splattered and he fell in two pieces to the ground where he disappeared in a gigantic puff of black smoke, leaving behind a large heart.

Link stared at it for a moment before he picked it up and held it high above his head, before it disappeared. After this, the young man felt much stronger than before and with that fearsome battle behind him, dropped his stolen blade.

END OF CHAPTER!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Alright I've gotten a look at this chapoter now and I must say that I'm impressed at your skills at making fights. However I cannot say much else as this chapter was based entirely around fighting and although there is good entertainment, there is nothing really plot progressing in this chapter. However I do like the appearance of Mido from OOT, it adds some nostalgic flare for us OOT fans.

Anyways, not much to say but great job with making the action scenes tense and fun. I'll be looking forward to seeing Link's interactions with the Kokiri in the future.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Alright I've gotten a look at this chapoter now and I must say that I'm impressed at your skills at making fights. However I cannot say much else as this chapter was based entirely around fighting and although there is good entertainment, there is nothing really plot progressing in this chapter. However I do like the appearance of Mido from OOT, it adds some nostalgic flare for us OOT fans.

Anyways, not much to say but great job with making the action scenes tense and fun. I'll be looking forward to seeing Link's interactions with the Kokiri in the future.

Thanks for the feedback Charge. Yeah, I felt I needed to apologize to the people who went through the trouble of reading that abomination I once called chapter five, and what better way to apologize for a boring, lack luster chapter than an exciting, intense chapter?

And yeah, you can be assured that some other characters from OoT return in this fic (aside from Ganondorf, Zelda and Link of course)... but I won't spoil which ones and how. I'll just let you see for yourselves when they appear.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Thanks for the feedback Charge. Yeah, I felt I needed to apologize to the people who went through the trouble of reading that abomination I once called chapter five, and what better way to apologize for a boring, lack luster chapter than an exciting, intense chapter?

And yeah, you can be assured that some other characters from OoT return in this fic (aside from Ganondorf, Zelda and Link of course)... but I won't spoil which ones and how. I'll just let you see for yourselves when they appear.

Not exactly, a boring and lackluster chapter can have merit if you give it something plot progressing, and an episode based entirely on action can sometimes seem lackluster as well if you don't get much done in it. Not insulting you, just saying that thinking like that might not be the best way to go about making chapters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom