• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of the Unnamed Soldier

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
So I have a few stories in the making, but I just finished this mini-story and i wanted to share it with you all first! I don't normally share my writing but this time I think I will. (Pardon the bulk, i don't know how hide things with spoilers yet)

Legend of the Unnamed Soldier

The soldier dove behind a rock as the space that he was just standing on exploded in flames taking down three of his fellow men. He counted his arrows: 17 left. He nocked one into his bow and pulled back. Flames were all around, he couldn’t quite hear out of his left ear. Hot cinders swirled around as a Captain dashed by. He sprung up from his hiding place and got his bearings. He looked to Impa for direction and saw a hulking Shield Moblin charging towards her. He took aim and fired into the wind. The arrow whizzed out of his bow scratching his cheek, a green Bokoblin slammed a club into his side and he stumbled and fell. The arrow curved in the wind and pierced the side of the Moblin’s skull right as it was raising a cleaver. It fell in a heap at Impa’s feet. She turned and looked at the soldier, “Good aim soldier, “ she extended her hand and helped him up, “I won’t forget that.” She turned back and swung her sword, cleaving 6 Stal-Children in half.

The soldier climbed into a tree and started firing down on a Lizalfos. Princess Zelda ran by as he nailed it in the forehead. She looked up and called: “Soldier, we are advancing on the Gate of Time! Lets go!” He hopped down from the tree and ran along side Zelda. She made a swift motion with her hands and a wall of yellow light appeared, a volley of arrows bounced off the wall and fell to the ground. They continued running. Out of nowhere a bokoblin jumped out from behind a corner and threw a spear at Zelda. Acting out of instinct, the soldier dove in front of Zelda and took the spear in his chest. He fell against a splintered tree stump and groaned in pain. Zelda shot a flame out of her hand and incinerated the bokoblin. She rushed over to the soldier that had just saved her life. “Why did you do that?” she asked. “You are too important to be lost in this fight, go finish this battle and save Hyrule.” The soldier said with a groan. “Your sacrifice will not go in vain soldier, what is your name?” inquired Zelda. “My name… is…” Then he fell limp.

To this day, the Hylian Impa and Zelda personally award the “Medal of the Unnamed Hero” to all the soldiers who are injured or killed while saving a fellow soldier.

Thanks for reading and please give feedback!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom