• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Legend of Link's decedents

Like my previous thread for the "hero of time bloodline" I had a misuse of many words. But I will be sure to clarify in detail of my evidence to prove that each Link in any Zelda game are connected.

The Legend of Zelda (NES):
Now the Hyrule Historia doesn't clarify that he is a decedent of a previous Link, they hint towards the fact that he was related to the Link that defeated Ganon in the Light and Shadow era. (Alttp, the oracles, LA) which would make sense due to the order of the Hyrule Historia timeline.

Hyrule Historia: "A young traveller. Upon visiting Hyrule, he encounters Impa. It is thought that he may be the descendent of the Link that trained to defeat Ganon during the era of Light and Shadow."

Adventure of Link (NES):
Link in this game is the same Link as the the "Legend of Zelda" the Hyrule Historia specifically states that only six years have passed since the reign Ganon was suppressed.

Hyrule Historia: "6 years after the suppression of the Great Demon King, Ganon, a mark resembling the crest of the royal family suddenly surfaces on the back of the left hand of Link, now 16. Concerned, Link passes on this information to Impa, who, surprised, brings Link to the northern castle."

A Link to the past (SNES):
In A Link to the past, Link and his uncle are both the remaining carriers of the Hylian Knight bloodline. Which it states that he related to the the Link in Oot "hero of time" who's mother died in the in the war long ago. There is only one era of the hero of time before the timeline actually splits and that is Oot Link.

Hyrule Historia: "Bearing the crest of courage, this heroic lineage protects the royal family. Legends say that the hero will emerge from the Knight Family. Link, the Hero of Time from long ago whose mother died in the war of that era, may be related to these knights."

Link's Awakening (G:cool::
According to the Hyrule Historia and game-play at the end of the oracles link leaves on a boat to to further is training, Link's boat gets caught in a storm on his return to Hyrule, his boat crashes and he wakes up on the island of Koholint. So this is the same Link as the Oracles series.
Hyrule Historia: "Link departed from the people he met during his trials and left by boat to his next land for training."
"Link, having completed his training, is about to return to Hyrule Kingdom by boat.In the midst of his voyage, he is swallowed up by a storm and his ship is sunk. Upon regaining consciousness, he finds he has washed ashore on an island known as Koholint."

Oracles (GBC): Link in the oracle series is the same Link as Alttp Link according to the HH timeline.

Hyrule Historia: "The young boy named Link who saved the land of Hyrule was guided to the Triforce in Hyrule Castle and was transported to an unfamiliar land of Holodrum. After arriving to Holodrum, he lost his strength and collapsed, but found an itinerant on the road that was courteously looking after a dancing child, Din.

Ocarina of time/Majora's mask (N64): Most of the people in the Hero of time era were related to Hylia herself, in the previous HH reference of Alttp. His father was a Hylian knight. And all of you know that MM is a direct sequel to Oot.

Hyrule Historia: "In the Hero of Time Era, the most people in Hyrule were related to Goddess Hylia. Hylians had magic powers and long ears who supposedly could hear the voices of the Gods."

Twilight Princess (gc/wii): The HH specifically says that he is a direct descendant of the Hero of time (oot).... need I say more?

Hyrule Historia: "While looking for a way to overthrow Zant, Midna encountered a youth who turned into a beast in the Twilight. This young man from Ordon Village was Link, a descendant of the Hero of Time himself."

Four swords adventures (GC): This just comes out and says that he was a decedent, since it was the last game of the child era it said it was the last of the decedents.

Hyrule Historia: "The Sorcerer Vaati was swept up in the endless reincarnation cycle of Ganondorf the thief. The question of whether or not the Light World can escape the threat of darkness remains. There may again come a time when the Four Sword is necessary.
End of The Shadow World and the Hero’s Descendants"

The Minish Cap (GBA): This is were the holes start to come into play with my theory, The minish cap comes right after Skyward Sword, and in the HH it says something about a cycle the reoccurs throughout the series as evil will return with the hatred for those with blood of the goddess and the spirit of the hero. Which means in the case for Link in the minish cap to be the nemesis of Vaati evil god reborn he would have to be in the bloodline of the goddess Hylia and like in the Oot most people are related to Hylia herself.

Hyrule Historia: "However, the extinction of Demise was not the end of the battle. This was the beginning of the endless cycle of the conflict of those bound to the curse of the demon that have the Blood of the Goddess and the Spirit of the Hero."

There is no relations to the Hero in the adult timeline because it states in WW that he was not in blood relation to the Hero, and the Hyrule Historia stated that at the end of the timeline was the end of the decedents.

Thank you all for reading,
BSPURKA

Last edited:
The phrasing of your actual theory -- "each Link in any Zelda game are connected" -- is proven false by your own admittance that the Adult Timeline doesn't follow your theory. You should bring this up first and foremost next time, because it's kind of an important exception.

I guess beyond that my only problems with your theory stem from you treating uncertainties like absolutes. Particularly regarding LoZ:

It is thought that he may be the descendent of the Link that trained to defeat Ganon during the era of Light and Shadow.

And ALttP:

Legends say that the hero will emerge from the Knight Family. Link, the Hero of Time from long ago whose mother died in the war of that era, may be related to these knights.

These are not committal statements, so you can't treat them as fact. They are maybes and you can interpret them as possible answers, though. I also don't see how anything you pulled up from FSA proves any connections, aside from the thing -- what was it, a section title? -- that says "The Hero's Descendants", which I can't take very seriously because it is a completely abstract statement.

There are definitely some confirmed relations, and props to you for composing this, but I don't think all of those are as concrete as you're treating them. Like I said at the beginning I think you should be a little more upfront about the holes, especially the lines about Demise's curse and the "Spirit of the Hero", which is a very different interpretation of the supposed heroic line of Links.

The phrasing of your actual theory -- "each Link in any Zelda game are connected" -- is proven false by your own admittance that the Adult Timeline doesn't follow your theory. You should bring this up first and foremost next time, because it's kind of an important exception.

I guess beyond that my only problems with your theory stem from you treating uncertainties like absolutes. Particularly regarding LoZ:

And ALttP:

These are not committal statements, so you can't treat them as fact. They are maybes and you can interpret them as possible answers, though. I also don't see how anything you pulled up from FSA proves any connections, aside from the thing -- what was it, a section title? -- that says "The Hero's Descendants", which I can't take very seriously because it is a completely abstract statement.

There are definitely some confirmed relations, and props to you for composing this, but I don't think all of those are as concrete as you're treating them. Like I said at the beginning I think you should be a little more upfront about the holes, especially the lines about Demise's curse and the "Spirit of the Hero", which is a very different interpretation of the supposed heroic line of Links.

Yes, I'm treating this more as a theory than anything. The "may" just if them keeping you guessing and using your imagination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom