• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Korra

What do you want?

• Korra x Mako

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korra x Bolin

• Mako x Asami

• Meelo x Meelo

• Total voters

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
So far the series is definitely meeting, and surpassing my expectations. The plot thus far (minus the underlying love stories) doesn't seem cliche and I'm super interested and excited to see how it pans out. Of course, the art style and animation is especially gorgeous. I always loved how they carefully choreographed the martial arts scenes in the Avatar series, they're a treat to watch. Although a friend of mine, a previous fan of the original Avatar and equally excited for this installment, said he didn't like the animation in Korra.. I found this kind of ridiculous since as far as I can tell, they're basically the same. Did anyone else notice any less quality or something?

Anywho, as far as the love story subplot... Meh. It makes for some laughs and I'm REALLY glad that Bolin makes a point of being attracted more to Korra's personality over her looks, but I hope it all gets resolved soon. The series has so much more potential than to spend half the series dancing around a teenage love triangle. I would like to think that the most recent episode kind of tied things up on a nice neutral note, but I have a feeling it'll resurface down the road. If it does come down to pairings, I'd root for Korra and Bolin. Mako is too close into Gary Sue territory for me (male equivalent of Mary Sue), you know, tall, dark, handsome, serious lady killer type. Bolin has a much more magnetic personality and he's a bit of an underdog when it comes to the romance, so I'd rather see him with the lead female. Korra also seemed to have fun with him and enjoy his company which makes for a stronger relationship than just finding someone physically attractive, imo. As for Korra herself, I'm happy with her character so far, even if she is stubborn, I just hope her character development is done well and won't be rushed.

The rest of the series is going to be great! Even though I think this series shouldn't harp on ATLA, I would like to see a tiny bit more on the lives of the Aang Gang we didn't get to see. Maybe just an episode's worth. Not to mention I can't wait for a soundtrack to come out. I'm totally into this fusion of Asian and ragtime / Roaring 20's music.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Warning! There are big spoilers in this post.

I just watched an entire marathon with my friends of Legend of Korra and I have to say, I am amazed. it's so action-packed, and has a very interesting mystery to it, what with the Equalists and Amon. There are a lot of questions to be answered, especially, what happened to the Aang Gang (we can only guess from Korra's odd flashback thingies...) the animation is gorgeous, and Pro-Bending is pretty engaging. I can't wait to see how the plot unfolds.

As far as the romance is conserned, I'm kinda just waiting to see what happens. Asami has this odd sense of mystery about her for some reason, and poor, poor Bolin needs some love. At the same time, I'm kinda interested in Korra and Mako's relationship. it seems like a physical attraction at the moment, so I'm hoping something more personal will turn up. However it turns out, I think it'll be great. in other word, I don't really have one pairing in mind. In conclusion, I am really glad how the show is keeping the idea of friendship in front for the time being. the fact that the latest episode ended with Korra telling Mako how Asami will need him more now that her father has been revealed to not be who she though he was really set the tone of neutrality, which I really like. They aren't rushing too much with anything, I don't think.

In any event, I am super excited for the next episode. I think it's a great series so far.

I'm enjoying it helluva lot more than I thought I would, so I was a little sad there was no episode this week. Plus it's tons of fun to pause it while I'm rewatching and translating the Chinese that shows up, since the nations have become a lot more literate apparently (plus, you know, the main setting is a city this time). I'm still not sure who I like more, so I'm just going to say Meelo x Pabu. Because that is an abundance of cute.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I, quite obviously, despise The Legend of Korra. I think it is awful and smells like cheese.

No seriously, I really don't like KorraxMako. I just don't. I dislike Makorra to the point where I've started calling it "Makak" because that sounds like a noise you make when you throw up. At first, I liked Makak and I thought Korra and Mako were cute together. I was happy when they kissed. After a while, though, I started not liking the idea. Mako doesn't always treat Korra very nicely and she deserves better. [noparse]D:<[/noparse] Plus, as a few have mentioned, it's just too cliche and not very unique at all. I'd like to see something different, please. Maybe if they had a legitimate connection like Aang and Katara had from day 1 (I shipped Kataang the whooooole way baby) I would be okay with it, but since they don't... no.

I like MakoxAsami, and I don't mind KorraxBolin.

GaroxIcon said:
Bolin being in a relationship at all would result in some wonderfully, adorkably awkward scenes, but add in the fact that it would be with Korra, who is almost intimidatingly headstrong, and it would just be so, so awesome.

I lol'd, and I very much agree with this.

Random Person said:
I can say that I Personally do not like the protagonist herself. She's hotheaded and very bratty. Being a water bender, she of course, goes by her emotions which I can't stand (I also didn't like Katara.)

Omggg how do you not like Katara she's the best like I can't. I loved Katara, and I love Korra. Believe it or not, I see a lot of Katara in the young Korra, which might seem odd considering they seem to have very different personalities. I thought I was the only one who felt this way until I went on Nick.com and saw Katara character description which says, "Katara sees a lot of herself in the spirited young Avatar," and I was like omg I made that connection too.

So far, I love this new series so much I just can't form words. It's not Avatar: TLAB, but it wasn't supposed to be. I love that it's a sequel - that it plays on the old series having been a part of history. I love the references to old characters and the incorporation of new characters. So far, my favorite characters in LoK are Korra, Pabu, and Meelo. Pabu is just the cutest little thing ever and I love when Naga scares off the Chi blockers. Naga's like "RAAAAWWWRRRR" and then Pabu's like "SQUUEEEEE!" Meelo is just so amazing, I voted for MeeloxMeelo. My favorite part involving Meelo is when Tenzin got his knickers in a knot and was all, "NO MEELO THAT IS NOT A BATHROOM" and also when Korra screams at Tenzin and Meelo agrees. "YEAH YOU'RE A TERRIBLE TEACHER DADDY RAGHH AGGH RAWR!"

Forra Bard said:
I'm still not sure who I like more, so I'm just going to say Meelo x Pabu. Because that is an abundance of cute.

OMG YES ALL DAY EVERY DAY

But truly, one of the best things about LoK is that Korra totally has muscles. It's insanely cool and she's legitimately built (for a girl). I also laugh at her character design because I find it to be a bit suggestive, if you know what I mean.

But anyway, I love the new show. It's already become one of my favorites ever. I don't really consider it a new series, but an extension of the first one. A continuation. I can't wait for new episodes, and I can't wait for Korra to get over her stubborn personality block and just get into the Avatar State already. I mean, she's a fantastic fighter (much better than Aang was in the original, but she does have 5 years on him after all), could you imagine her in the Avatar State?

Speaking of which, here are the next two show titles if anyone would like to speculate:

2-108 "When Extremes Meet"
2-109 "Out of the Past"

Very exciting. Speaking of speculation, I have some thoughts on Amon:

I don't believe Amon is energybending people to take away their bending like Aang did to Ozai. First of all, if Amon could energybend, he'd pretty much be a bender and, you know, wouldn't be opposing benders. Secondly, he doesn't do the same thing Aang did; using the "true mind" and "true heart" to energybend. There's a theory going around that Amon is blocking Chakras: either the Light Chakra at the forehead or the Sound Chakra at the throat. The former is the chakra of insight, blocked by illusion, and the latter is the chakra of truth, blocked by lies. The theory is that Amon somehow blocks one or both of these chakras, creating the lie/illusion that he can take away bending... almost like a placebo. This would suggest that Amon cannot permanently take away bending and that bending can be restored by unblocking the chakra. I know chakras have to do with the Avatar State, but I'm not sure if they have to do with actual bending. If they did, this would be a very plausible theory.

As I conclude, I realize this post was very incoherent. I just love LoK so much, it makes it hard to form actual thoughts, know what I mean?

Majora's Cat

How about that
So... how about that Korra episode that I missed this morning? (It's okay, my friend already spoiled it for me). I wasn't surprised when I heard what happened, especially since we all know Tarrlok is a complete tool.

ypAl

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So... how about that Korra episode that I missed this morning? (It's okay, my friend already spoiled it for me). I wasn't surprised when I heard what happened, especially since we all know Tarrlok is a complete tool.

There was a new episode this morning?! Spoil it for me please. [I hate Tarrlok, he's such a jerk]

I just watched all of the available episodes of this show last night. I really really dislike the first series, but I have to admit that so far Korra is pretty sweet. I'd say the main thing that it does WAY better than the first one is make its villain seem cool. Ozai was not threatening and really seemed lame to me throughout the whole show. Amon on the other hand is genuinely super freaking cool. His voice alone man. I also enjoy the industrial revolution setting and some of the steam punk elements of Korra. The mushy crap is still there, which bugs me (I almost couldn't watch episode 5); but what are you gonna do? Anywho, yeah, for the most part I think Korra is pretty cool and I'm glad I decided to watch it.

Also, Korra as a character is way cooler than Aang was.

Nicole

luke is my wife

ypAl

Totally was not me doing any spoiling nope ner. But I 100% agree with your image. This episode had some serious badassery. I was majorly impressed with some of the turns it took. Starting from the beginning, I loved the comedic bits with the Airbabies. Ikki just... I can't believe she told Asami that. You have to be so young and naive to say something like that lol. Also I'm ready to start shipping Meesami. Not happy about the underlying Makak parts, but hopefully they'll go away.

How about that ridiculous Republic City Council... swear to god, a council of eleven year olds could govern a city better than those imbeciles. I can understand the first part of Tarrlok's law; making it illegal to be part of a terrorist organization is fine. But when you expand it to include all of a race/portion of people... just no. It's like the United States making certain alliances illegal after 9/11, but expanding it to fit all Middle Easterners. It's beyond unfair. In fact, the non-bender curfew reminded me a hell of a lot of the Japanese American internment camps during World War II. You just can't do that.

The exchange between Korra and Tarrlok at the end was absolutely crazy. Awesome battle. Best part: Tarrlok shooting icicles like a semi-automatic rifle at Korra and her PUNCHING them away like a BAMF. Korra is like my new favorite person ever. She was majorly beat up after that fight too. Poor Korra ;-;

In other news: Korra needs to realize that she's above the law. She needs to go flashy-flashy-glowy-eyes and blow some stuff up and remove those incompetent fools from power. It's the Avatar's job to keep peace in the world; that universally makes her above the law. She has the power to do it, too. She just needs to learn to harness it.

Wonder where Tarrlok is taking poor Korra ;_;

VanitasXII said:
There was a new episode this morning?! Spoil it for me please. [I hate Tarrlok, he's such a jerk]

Got you covered, bro:

Lin resigns and the new chief of police says he's loyal to Tarrlok. Tarrlok goes crazy with non-bender regulations and starts arresting non-benders for being out after dark, claiming they're Equalists. He goes so far as arresting the Krew (minus Korra and Tenzin). After this, Korra goes all BAMF on us and confronts Tarrlok in his office (which is pretty sweet I might add). They duke it out. Korra's about to win when Tarrlok plays a wildcard: he bloodbends her. Without a full moon. He then shoves her in the back of his Satomobile and drives away, saying he's taking her to somewhere no one will ever find her and she'll never see Republic City again.

Delightful. =D

also
tumblr_m505gtoiUZ1qa9pg6o7_250.gif

beautiful

Last edited:

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
korra and bolin. he would treat her like a princess- which every girl deserves :) it is hard NOT to like Asami after all her help.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I hope there is a rerun sometime soon, from your spoilerific post the episode sounds like actionfightingpowpow (which is a great thing to me at least), but I MUST see it with my own eyes. Sucks to be unable to take part in the discussion :/

I for one <3<3 Avatar Legend of Korra! Its tied with Avatar the Last Air bender for me. I love All of the characters especially Bolin! He's so cute. :) I just watched the newest online episode and I was screaming about how the bad guy was soo epic. I really dp love the show. I support MakoxAsami and KorraxBolin but with Borra I kinda think that Korra doesn't deserve Bolin.

Since it is still so early into the series im not set on who to go with who.Either way im pretty much fine with and it wont stop me from watching the show.
I like how the writers have started out the series with this because it leads to other events that might happen later on that will make this series even better than it already is. It keeps your attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom