• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Korra

What do you want?

• Korra x Mako

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Korra x Bolin

• Mako x Asami

• Meelo x Meelo

• Total voters

Majora's Cat

How about that
Anyone watch it? I personally think it's among the best cartoons ever conceived. It should be good, since its predecessor was Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I want to know what you guys think about the show. I advocate Meelo as MVP of the show thus far.

tumblr_m1doq6fK3h1qljqdfo1_r1_500_large.gif

On a side note, do you support Korra x Mako or Korra x Bolin? Or maybe Mako x Asami?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want MakoxAsami. They seem perfect for each other, though at this point I'm heavily suspicious of Asami what with the most recent antics Korra and co. have had to go through. Why the heck would some hot chick run into a dude and just give him money right off the bat? She isn't THAT in love with Pro Bending.

No deseo KorraxMako. Why? I dunno. I mean, they seem fit for each other, but I jsut don't want it to happen. It screams cliche. She meets a tough guy and somehow opens him up, then they get married and have kids or whatever. Nah, no thanks. Sounds like a fanfic.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I can say that I Personally do not like the protagonist herself. She's hotheaded and very bratty. Being a water bender, she of course, goes by her emotions which I can't stand (I also didn't like Katara.)

The series, however, is AMAZING. I've only seen the first two episodes. (I don't know how many they've released in America) I was scared that this wouldn't live up to its predecessor, but thus far it has. I have some Personal things that I wish didn't happen fanwise,
Sokka is supposedly dead. Katara married Aang. Etc
but all in all, its a fantastic show. I am in love with the new bending game they've got going on. This series seriously is not dissapointing.

I don't know all thos characters up there, so I won't vote.

No deseo KorraxMako. Why? I dunno. I mean, they seem fit for each other, but I jsut don't want it to happen. It screams cliche. She meets a tough guy and somehow opens him up, then they get married and have kids or whatever. Nah, no thanks. Sounds like a fanfic.

Thank you. I don't understand why the motif of "stereotypical free-spirited girl meets stern, rule-following boy, they hate each other, she teaches him how to have fun, then they have lots and lots of babies" is still a thing. Every new show tries to revamp it and make it original, but it's quickly becoming my most hated cliche in story telling.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The Legend of Korra thus far is, or course, spectacular. It took some time for me to get used to the pacing of it, because I thought it'd have that same feeling of fun that Aang brought out (but Tenzin's children suffice for it). There's been a lot of action in these first few episodes that carried me to the edge of my seat at times, figuratively speaking. Since the avatar has mastered three out of the four elements, she's had more opportunities to use them. But the enemies are a lot tougher this time...

Korra, like Random Person said, takes after Waterbenders as being hotheaded and indifferent to danger. The enemy she has to go against, Amon, seems to know all about her rashness and uses that to his will. Almost as if he were one himself... Amon's foreboding ability is to block the chi that allows benders of every sort to wield their elements, and he's hinted at possibly having a plan for this "cleansing". There's a spoiler floating around the internet that makes sense, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't prove true.

The series, however, is AMAZING. I've only seen the first two episodes. (I don't know how many they've released in America)

There are four episodes in all so far. The fifth comes on Nickelodeon sometime this Saturday. I wouldn't know what time, because all my viewings come off the 'Net.

Well, I’m really enjoying the Legend of Korra so far. It’s certainly something I’ve anticipated watching for some time now and it hasn’t disappointed in the slightest despite such high expectations set after watching all of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I like that Korra is a nice contrast to Aang. So far I think the characters seem good and I can’t wait to see their personalities even more as this progresses. I also think that the changes they’ve made to the world have been very interesting.
I just wish I could go back and re-watch all of Avatar: The Last Airbender before this new one progresses much farther, as while I did see all of Avatar before… it was with virtually no sound (as my family didn’t like the show and I didn’t want to bother them), and I’d like to get to know that first generation a bit better before launching into this second one (it’s nice that I’m getting to watch Korra with sound, though :P ). But so far it seems great, and I really like the music.... :>

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Too soon in the series to really make a call. Wait to the end of this season so that the characters can really establish themselves. There's supposed to be two seasons. Who knows, maybe they'll add another one. Originally it was just supposed to be the one.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Masami and Borra alll the way. Bolin being in a relationship at all would result in some wonderfully, adorkably awkward scenes, but add in the fact that it would be with Korra, who is almost intimidatingly headstrong, and it would just be so, so awesome. But I don't want Mako to be a jealous third wheel, so he can pair off with Asami.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As of today, we got all three fan pairings albeit short. AsamixMako still seems to be going on, though *SPOILERS*

At a point in today's episode we get KorraxBolin and KorraxMako. Again, those were short times and can't really be seen as official, but I'm sure Asami is a plot device waiting to be revealed and KorraxMako is all but official.

Garo

Boy Wonder
At a point in today's episode we get KorraxBolin and KorraxMako. Again, those were short times and can't really be seen as official, but I'm sure Asami is a plot device waiting to be revealed and KorraxMako is all but official.

When Makorra becomes more official, I will gladly go down with my ship. But I'm going to relish this brief victory for Borra.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In the end I guess fan pairings are up to the fans themselves. I'm kinda disappointed with the direction that the creators are going in, with some quotes like
"Admit it, you like me." - Korra
"[I do like you], but I like Asami too..." - Mako
"You're not my brother...you're a brother [betrayer]!" - Bolin

(Keep in mind those may not be the exact quotes, just what I remember from this morning)

Oh, and I'll be happy with whoever ends up with who as long as they're all still the Fire Ferrets or whatever team in the Pro Bending Tournaments xD

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I haven't really gotten the chance to watch it yet, but I still haven't completely watched all of Avatar either, so I don't want to ruin anything if it's connected to the Avatar any.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I really like the show, I'm glad I decided to tune into it! My 10 year old cousin showed me the series, I just watched it with her and decided it was awesome. :D

As far as the shipping goes, I have really mixed feelings about it. The intenet is at war on certain sites just because they fight over who Korra ends up with. XD It is very entertaining and annoying to follow. I personally want to see how the story works itself out, I think it is too early to assume things now.....especially because of yesterday's episode where I'm sure many of our minds were messed up. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom