• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Korra: The Spin-Off to ATLA

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
This is a show that hasn't appeared yet, but it is one that I'm majorly looking forward to. Why, you ask? Well the reason why is that it is a spin-off series to the majorly popular Avatar: The Last Airbender. The tentative title of the series is The Legend of Korra. The original creators of the ATLA are working on this spin off (that's right, Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are working on this) and from the picture that they have revealed it looks like it will be animated just like the original was.

Now, let's get down to what the series is about, shall we?

It takes place 70 years after ATLA and instead of Aang being the Avatar, there's a new avatar in town who is a Southern Water Tribe Waterbender named Korra (which obviously means that Aang is dead D: ). The epicenter of the Avatar World in this series is a place called Republic City, which is a metropolis that uses steampunk technology and has people living there from all nations. She finds that this place suffers from rampant crime and that there is an anti-bender movement on the rise there. She also is supposed to be trained in the art of airbending from Aang's son, Tenzin.

Also, the series is supposed to be more mature that the original but it still is going to possess the fun and adventure that the original had.

Also, if you're not completely satisfied or are doubting what I've said, here are two articles from the Wall Street Journal's website that confirms what I've said here:

First Article
Second Article

Also this series is set to premiere on Nickelodeon in 2011. :)

I'm really looking forward to this show. I didn't get into Avatar till Book 3, but I've seen every episode now. However, this series is a sequel, not a spin-off. A spin-off would star a character of the original series, rather then a new characters, wouldn't it? At least, that's what I thought.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I did not read the articles because I don't like spoilers but this sounds great! I always imagined in my head a spin off of this fantastic show, but I didn't think they'd actually do it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I. Have. EXCITEMENT! I can only hope, though, that Nickelodeon won't majorly screw it up like their more recents shows. *looks at True Jackson VP and shudders*

I was once one of the biggest TLA nuts you could find, and hopefully that'll be the same with TLoK.

Oh yeah, and I didn't read the articles because I don't want no spoilers.

I'm really looking forward to this new series, I hope they keep the storytelling and characters as great or better then its predecessor.

I would really call it a spinoff. It is a continuation of the show, just 70 years later.

I ound out about this the day it was first mention, and I was, and still am, ecstatic. Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my favorite TV shows ever, and I was sad it was only 63 episodes.

It's supposed to take a darker feel, but still uphol;d the comic relief and some lightheartedness of the original.

I cannot wait!

I hate to bump an old thread, but I was definitely going to make a thread about this.

I'm really excited for this show to be released. I know it's a ways off, but I love A:TLA and I can't wait for this to come along. Hopefully it'll wash the bitter taste of The Last Airbender out of my mouth.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I know that this is bumping my old thread. But here is an update on the show: Nickelodeon released a trailer for Legend of Korra. Here's a link to it below:

[video=youtube;m_VkHYtS6MY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VkHYtS6MY[/video]

All I can say is: SQUEEE!!!! I'm so looking forward to this series. I can't wait to see it. :3

Garo

Boy Wonder
The animation of the original series was one of its strongest points, but that new animation... holy crap. That is beautiful.

I am excite now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom