• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Ganondorf

I might be crazy so i need to see if anybody else thinks this would be cool. The next zelda game should actually be two game: The Legend of Zelda and The Legend of Ganondorf. The Legend of Ganondorf would explain some of Ganondorf's motives throughout the series and.. it would create a main character rival for Link! So you go through this new game the same way you would if you were link except you are trying to defeat Zelda and Link, and of course the other game would be the traditional format. So i'll let your minds ponder that one for awhile. tell me your ideas, if you think it would be cool, what items the new character would have, plot ideas, and anything else... wow my mind is going crazy

I've actually thought about this before. I doubt Nintendo would ever make it, but it could be cool. I've always wondered what Ganondorf is up to while link is going around doing his heroic stuff.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It sounds good. It would be funny but i don't think it is going to happen. If they would make a spinoff game around Ganondorf they really have to add in many details since it will fit him and make the player understand him more. The idea and theory would be cool but I doubt it will ever happen

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
i thought of something like this as well
i was thinking of it taking place during the imprisoning war,where ganon gathers henchmen,invades hyrule,obtains the triforce and gets the ability to transform into the pig beast [a little similar to how link could transform into wolf link....in terms of a gameplay mechanic]
items he gets would just be thief stuff or something,he learns some dark magic throughout his journey,and his companion would be the wizard agahnim

needless to say it won't happen,but a man can dream...

i thought of something like this as well
i was thinking of it taking place during the imprisoning war,where ganon gathers henchmen,invades hyrule,obtains the triforce and gets the ability to transform into the pig beast [a little similar to how link could transform into wolf link....in terms of a gameplay mechanic]
items he gets would just be thief stuff or something,he learns some dark magic throughout his journey,and his companion would be the wizard agahnim

needless to say it won't happen,but a man can dream...

the way i was picturing it was having ganondorf play zeldas role( only not be captured ) and he needs to find a hero to help him with his quest

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I would love to see a Zelda game where Link is not the main character or the character you control. However, Nintendo would have to do this well so it does not end up like the Cd-i games that also tried this. But playing as the main villain in "The Legend of Gannondorf" would be an entirely new concept.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I've thought about something like this. I doubt it would ever happen, but it makes for an interesting idea for a spin-off game.

The game would be a prequel of sorts to Wind Waker- you break out of the Sacred Realm, and go into different temples to take their respective treasures. Additionally, you would have to spawn minions to prevent anyone from going in behind you. It would sort of be like a strategy game here- what minion would I place where, where do I hide the small keys, etc.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganondorf is a psychopath who murders and steals, he's just plain evil, he has no motives other than jealousy, hatred and rage. A game featuring him as the main character would probably be to violent for Nintendo to make.

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
Since Demise was reincarnated as Ganondorf, I think he should have an adventure, but it would probably be short in length.
In the game, magic would be used to control creatures. The final boss should be the Helmaroc King, just as an explanation to that piece of artwork. If not, then the final boss would be Link, whom he defeats and spawns that part of the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom