• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Last Survivors *Reboot RP Thread*

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
"I'm Clara," Clara added, sheathing her weapon. "I still have my last name, but that's not important to you, is it?" Her hands rubbed her hair. "How has everyone survived this long? I don't mean that as an insult, I'm just curious as to everyone's tactics. Everybody's different, you know." She smiled and sat down right where she was.

"Kirinen and I have been constantly on the run. We made a lot of friends, but they all left to protect us." Keriki said simply. "I think," she added thoughtfully, "that a big part of it was luck, and Kirinen's skill with a bow. But our friends, too. I still remember all of them."

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Clara nodded with understanding. "I remember some former allies too," she said wistfully, staring off into the distance. "Like Dave." After a few moments her attention returned to the people in front of her. "And the other Dave. I've met two Daves, and I didn't particularly care for either of them. They were both good teammates, played well with others, were skilled in their fighting techniques. If only we didn't have people who betrayed us..." She smiled again. "But that's in the past now. Hopefully I'll be able to trust you guys enough to sleep comfortably at night."

"Of course you can!" said Keirki happily, as if everyone was supposed to be able to trust everyone. Kirinen looked at her for a moment then put a hand on her forehead again, like her headache had gotten worse. "What she says is true, though. Noe of our allies betrayed us. On the contrary, their sacrifices kept us alive... Marceren, then Melica, then Aren, who just--left--earlier today." She said left as if she meant something else entirely. It's clear that Keriki doens't know their former allies were dead.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Clara picked up on the double meaning of the word "left." The other girl -- Keriki, was it? -- must be innocent. "I know how hard it is when people leave you. My parents caught the disease early on. It was pretty brutal, I have to say, but I managed to get over it. And then Jeremy... Well, I won't get into that particular case..."

Kirinen nods. "I accidentally left my family behind. I have no idea what happened to them. I was just... gone. Then, I'll admit that it was Keriki who saved my life at that point. She managed to survive for a while by following me, so we sort of teamed up... Marceren went down fighting. Keriki saw him."

"I did," Keriki said sadly. "I promised to take care of him, too... But he's somewhere, I hope. Safe."

Kirinen watched her with a sad sympathy for a moment, then shook her head. "Yeah. Melica vanished, and Aren... yeah. For completely different reasons then yours, I won't go into Aren."

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
"I'm sorry about your losses," Clara replied sincerely. "For now we might possibly be safe, and I pray that it stays that way. Hopefully we don't lose anyone else like we nearly lost you," she continued, gesturing at the girl's wounded arm. "Do you have any idea how to take care of that?"

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

Cyrus listened to the conversation in silence. He thought about his family. God it had been long. He hadn't talked to them since he turned 18 and moved out. He had hated them then, but now....it was different. As for the team he was part of, they had all been killed. Why he was still alive, he had no idea. It was a mystery.

When her heard the girl named Clara mention Keriki's hurt arm he snapped back to reality. Despite the girl saying she was fine her arm looked bad. It was only cut, not too deep, but it seemed it had a powder burn from residue on the bullet and it was infecting her arm rapidly. The area around it was black and swollen.

"Damn," he muttered. "Let me see your arm please."

Cyrus opened his backpack and pulled out a water bottle, an antiseptic wipe, some antibiotic cream, and a wrap bandage.

"Like I said, I'm a proficient field doctor," Cyrus explained.

He wet the area and then wiped it off with the antiseptic wipe before applying some of the cream and wrapping her arm. He taped it down and then said, "There, that should do it with some time and patience. Also here," he said offering a Tylenol. "It'll help the wound heal and prevent infection."

"...I don't feel much," Keriki said, mystified.

"it's insane. SHe never feels much pain," said Kirinen. 'I don't understand how she can tolerate insanely bad wounds. She probably won't feel much."

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

Cyrus chuckled and said, "Yeah you don't feel much now, but if that was left alone then you may have seriously had a bad reaction. As it is, it still may be slightly dangerous so let me know if it hurts more or if you get nausea or a headache."

Keriki nodded. "Okay!"

"If she feels pain, the we can be scared. Very." Kirinen said solemnly. "Oh, Marceren used to be a great doctor. But he's gone now, so we kind of fumble along well enough. Mostly, a serious injury means death guaranteed... Cyrus, what was that bullet?"

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

Cyrus grinned sheepishly, "Custom design of my own. They're filled with extra explosives in the bullet itself and not just in the cartridge. It's designed to explode basically. I wanted to give a warning but you got in my way. Honestly, you're lucky as hell it was a dud bullet otherwise a cut would be the least of your problems."

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
(You guys can keep this going, I guess. But I loathe the thought of all that reading.... I'll live though... XD)

Shannon continues to laugh, "I honestly don't know. I am a doctor and a scientist and know how to take care of myself. That's 3 things. Plus luck, I guess."

Jupiter didn't really feel like talking about her family when the conversation happened, she just stayed and observed. She saw a figure rushing in the buildings behind them. She crept away to see what it was.

(that's basically my way of getting Jupiter away from the main group temporarily, along with Xaviar, who was never with anyone in the first place. They will come back on Wednesday XD. For now... what to do with Shannon XD)

((Kira cna leave... but I had SO MUCH planed for her to mess with him! Mostly involving prompting him into pissing her off and attacking! Yeah!))

"Then you're pretty lucky. It's intense out there." She glances around the shack. "Hm. Good luck out there. You'll need it." She seems to tap on her left arm, the bracered one, as if typing something, then turns to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom