• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Lack of Detail in SS, Due to Impressionism

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I think you're jumping to conclusions way too soon. The graphics are still in beta form, and that was just for E3, that's why it wasn't that detailed and many things looked kinda flat, they can't just show us the complete game right there, it's still in development. The final game will look much better and more detailed. They've told us that these graphics aren't the final graphics, they're still making in better, touching up here and there, and yeah. I'm certain, no, It WILL look better than the E3 counterpart. They've still got the rest of November and December until it's the new year, and then we'll for sure hear or see something new.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
You have to remember that what they showed us was a demo version of the game. It won't look like that when it comes out. Nintendo will more than likely improve the quality of everything in the final version of the game. You also have to remember that graphics don't make the game. Just look at Ocarina of Time.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I'm pretty sure the style they've chosen is here to stay and that they will improve on it as well. I remember hearing that they picked this art style specifically because it will help to create characters and enemies that will have a wider variety of expressive gestures, helping the world of hyrule and it's people to come alive. I like the idea but from what I've seen I think they need a bit of work before they can say that about SS.. we'll see. Only time will tell but I believe they can pull these graphics off. Don't be fooled by the demo. I bet they showed us a slapchop level with unfinished textures when they already had better gameplay finished (like that lava dungeon in the trailer) they just aren't letting us demo that stuff yet.

I don´t want people to think I'm a "graphic whore" or something of the sort. I really like the new art style, and I think Nintendo will improve. I just want to know what people think about the new style, and whether or not this new style will take away the detail other Zelda games had. (This discussion began on Youtube, I just brought it here. Im in the stand the SS will look better.) But regarding the graphics themselves, I'm sure Nintendo wont dissappoint.

Oh, I like the graphics. Screeshot made link look 2D, though. I think the change in style is probably an effort to make SS another stand out zelda game, in a similar way to the way MM does due to its darker storyline. As for lack of detail, I agree it could be better, but perhpas nintendo is trying to show they're not just another company obsessed with awesome graphics, I guess.

Ganondork

goo
what bugs me is how big Link's legs are, it looks like they're spilling over his boots. I hope that won't be his final design

@Ganondork
I actually like Link's attire, it gives him a Sky Citizen kinda feel if you know what I mean. They aren't his actual legs spilling over his boots, they are his pants, but I'm sure you knew that.

I just think they need to fix two things to made this game look great.
1. The plants and trees.Turn them from 2D modelling into actual polygon models, because the tops of trees and some of the bushes look really flat and unimpressive.
2. I think they should have a bigger difference between the shades of colors. Example: I think Link needs some darker greens in shadowed areas of his tunic and lighter greens against light sources to make him and everything else stand out more.

I don't mind that the style is simplistic. It has enough color to appease the simplicity. I really like the textures too; they are unique and well done.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yeah, I agree with Link-182, that's his pants, and I too like his attire for this game, it makes him stand out from the other ones, besides, Link looks really cool now! His entire slightly new outfit looks great.
Pants FTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom