• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Kokiri

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Alright someone pointed this out to me here on the forums, but if you turn the map of hyrule in TP (wii version, and gamecube version if you also invert it) upsidedown, the landmarks match up to what they were in OOT, but where is Kokiri Forest? Where Snowpeak is. Do you think Kokiri Forest could've frozen over because the Great Deku Tree died and a new one wasn't born on the CT? Or am I just looking into something too far?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
yeah right.but after you beat gannon.is he still dead?so he could be frozen in time and that howling stone up there is actualy a gossip stone maybe.
Well for one, on the child timeline Ganon was never defeated, but on the adult one because Link completed the forest temple, a new Deku was sprouted, which is the one in Wind Waker.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Heres what i think. In the ct ganondorf was never defeated but rather imprisioned in the twilight realm. And also at the end of oot on the ct the deku tree is still dead and the curse on the forest temple was never broken. This means that a new deku tree couldn't of sprouted and thus eventually i guess the kokiri were wiped out by monsters that eventually got into kokiri forest and because link was in termina he couldn't do anything. Then the natural forces eventually i guess built up a mountain range over kokiri. And then snowpeak mountain range was born. But there isn't any evidence cuz nothing ever specifies what happens to the deku tree and the kokiri on the ct.

You guys are forgetting about the Deku Tree Sprout and are looking too far into the map. And the Kokiri Forest is where Faron Woods/Ordon Village is now.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
You guys are forgetting about the Deku Tree Sprout and are looking too far into the map. And the Kokiri Forest is where Faron Woods/Ordon Village is now.
There is no Deku Tree Sprout in the child timeline. And some people seem to think that where the Sacred Grove and Ordon are is where Hyrule used to be.

There is no Deku Tree Sprout in the child timeline. And some people seem to think that where the Sacred Grove and Ordon are is where Hyrule used to be.

Let me clarify because I'm the one would told you all this stuff about the map.

On the CT, Ganondorf never curses the GDT, or at least we're led to think that. Of course, that part is irrelevant in the long run anyway. Whether the GDT dies or not, the sprout still grows on the CT. The Forest Temple wasn't cursed by Ganondorf until after he got the ToP, thus it was never cursed on the CT, thus the DTS could still grow.

And back to the map. The GC TP map is the canon one. The Wii version of the game was a mirrored port, thus not the actual game. TP is centuries after OoT. Other games point to the locations on the map rotating counter-clockwise over time.

Here's a totally awesome diagram made by me:

ZeldaMap.png
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/Hayzer62/ZeldaMap.png

Oathkeeper95

The Oath of Kinbaku, Tzion, Terra, and Iscariot.
Umm, can you get a bigger, better map of Hyrule in OoT I can barely see some of the more important landmarks such as the gerudo desert, lake hylia, and the lost woods? I also cant see some of the text on the map. If you can, also can you give us a filled-out map of TP hyrule so we can compare the two?

Megamannt125

Blue Link

On the CT, Ganondorf never curses the GDT, or at least we're led to think that. Of course, that part is irrelevant in the long run anyway. Whether the GDT dies or not, the sprout still grows on the CT. The Forest Temple wasn't cursed by Ganondorf until after he got the ToP, thus it was never cursed on the CT, thus the DTS could still grow.

And back to the map. The GC TP map is the canon one. The Wii version of the game was a mirrored port, thus not the actual game. TP is centuries after OoT. Other games point to the locations on the map rotating counter-clockwise over time.

ZeldaMap.png
Great goddesses that is an awesome picture, i'm going to have to favorite it for future reference.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I always thought that the Forest Temple in Twilight Princess was somehow the hollowed out Dead Deku Tree. And to Explain the movement of the locations of the places I say the Hylian version of Pangea (maybe).

angelkid

TRR = SWEET

ZeldaMap.png

You are wrong. We had this discussion in another thread and I won there aswell. Firstly Ganon DOES curse the GDT on the CT as he dies on the child timeline and tells us that Ganon cursed him. Now, while Ganon is in the woods cursing the GDT, I think he curses the forest temple aswell. We can see that he has the power to curse the forest temple as he has already cursed the GDT. Also, he is there. What other chance is he going to get to curse the forest temple? I also believe that he does curse the forest temple because he thinks that there is a chance that someone could go and lift the curse on the GDT, so he places a curse somewhere noone knows about.

Also, I don't think you map makes sense. I don't think you can just invent landmarks. We are never shown any sort of forest where you have put it in TP as far as I remember, and you can't just create your own landmarks. Your saying that if your theory is right, then the forest must be there. That isn't the way it works. The way it would work would be that if the forest used to be there, then your theory could be right. I still don't think it would be though. I can't see the rotation thing at all. I really don't know what you are getting at.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You are wrong. We had this discussion in another thread and I won there aswell. Firstly Ganon DOES curse the GDT on the CT as he dies on the child timeline and tells us that Ganon cursed him. Now, while Ganon is in the woods cursing the GDT, I think he curses the forest temple aswell. We can see that he has the power to curse the forest temple as he has already cursed the GDT. Also, he is there. What other chance is he going to get to curse the forest temple? I also believe that he does curse the forest temple because he thinks that there is a chance that someone could go and lift the curse on the GDT, so he places a curse somewhere noone knows about.

Also, I don't think you map makes sense. I don't think you can just invent landmarks. We are never shown any sort of forest where you have put it in TP as far as I remember, and you can't just create your own landmarks. Your saying that if your theory is right, then the forest must be there. That isn't the way it works. The way it would work would be that if the forest used to be there, then your theory could be right. I still don't think it would be though. I can't see the rotation thing at all. I really don't know what you are getting at.

Wow... For I think the first time I agree with angelkid. I also believe that Ganondorf on the Ct cursed the Deku Tree and that also while he was at the forest cursed the forest temple knowing that someone could probably lift the curse on the Deku Tree he would curse the forest temple so that way the Deku Tree would still die plus the fact that a Deku Tree Sprout could never shall I say take root. And second I too don't really see how the whole inverted map thing could work. If it was true then that would mean that Ordon Forest/Sacred Grove would be on the West end of Hyrule instead of the South end. Plus Ordon Forest/Sacred Grove are probably just a different section of forest.

You are wrong. We had this discussion in another thread and I won there aswell. Firstly Ganon DOES curse the GDT on the CT as he dies on the child timeline and tells us that Ganon cursed him. Now, while Ganon is in the woods cursing the GDT, I think he curses the forest temple aswell.

You obviously didn't get the part about Ganon not cursing the Temples until AFTER he entered the SR. Also, you didn't win the debate. You must have a different definition of "win." The debate stalemated.

angelkid said:
We can see that he has the power to curse the forest temple as he has already cursed the GDT. Also, he is there. What other chance is he going to get to curse the forest temple?

Umm...what? Ganon had SEVEN years. He conquered the world and cursed the world...Link wasn't able to stop it because he was bound in the SR for seven years.

SEVEN YEARS, kid.

angelkid said:
I also believe that he does curse the forest temple because he thinks that there is a chance that someone could go and lift the curse on the GDT, so he places a curse somewhere noone knows about.

Where's the proof for this? This is just an "I believe" statement. They don't hold much credibility and are usually biased.

angelkid said:

I could care less if it's wrong or not. I know the maps don't matter at all. They just make different maps to give the game a different feel.

It's just fun to do this kind of stuff. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom